Ephemeral Snowflake

What do you guys think of this trinket?

Ephemeral Snowflake
    Binds when picked up
    Unique
    Trinket
    Requires Level 80
    Item Level 232
    Equip: You gain 11 mana each time you heal a target with one of your spells.
    Use: Grants 464 haste rating for 20 sec. (2 Min Cooldown)

I recently won this on a greed roll and have been debating on whether its worth keep as right now I have 85 int trinket from ToC and the Darkmoon: Illusion trinkets. Haste use seems good its a 14.15% haste so its decent.

Thing is whether or not the mana regen makes it worth while. I already know its been declared BiS for resto druids.

Things that proc the mana regen:
    LHW
    HW
    Each Chain Heal jump
    Riptide and each riptide HoT tick.

Things that Do Not proc the mana regen:
    Earthliving weapon
    Earthshield
    Ancestral spirit heals.

Though about maybe replacing my darkmoon card illusion with it, but not sure. What are your thoughts about it? Should I just toss it and grab the triumph trinket later?

Re: Ephemeral Snowflake

how high does it stack?
    Beauty now spawns with only two pups in Heroic difficulty. Not to worry though, the missing pup has been adopted by a wonderful, if not insane family.

I'm glad that Blizzard cares about the little things...

It doesn't stack, it just procs 11 mana back.

You get 11 mana back from each tick of Riptide but not Earthliving though. Also each chain heal jump counts as a separate heal.

Ephemeral Snowflake

It does not stack. It simply returns mana for each heal that is cast.

Quote Originally Posted by Kavalir
    how high does it stack?
    It does not stack, there are no stacks whatsoever. You just gain 11 mana instanteneously whenever you heal something, including HoT ticks and chainheal jumps.
    Join Amicus, 10man progression raiding, but on a respectable 2day schedule!

To me 11 mana seems very trivial.

Also on use healing trinkets are suck for healers.

15+ Year Old Account

As mentioned above, avoid all on Use trinkets as a healer. Passive > on demand. Cooldowns are more likely going to be used as demand and not some sort of weird 'regen/+sp/haste' etc boost. You want something thats going to be up alot. I still use Razorscales crit/sp stacking trinket and ToC 25's mp5 one personally.

This trinket is amazing for druid, each wild growth returns about 462 mana back if glyphed. Also lifeblooms tick very fast aprox. 99 mana for one. And rejuv 162 mana. Regrowth 275 mana. I would recomend this trinket for a druid.

I dont see how it would be good for any other clases either.

Has anyone tried the trinket on the HoT effect from SS+FoL for paladins?

[edit] I"m sorry, hadn't realized this was the shaman forums.
    (This signature was removed for violation of the Avatar & Signature Guidelines)

Quote Originally Posted by Vaudevillian
    It works for any healing effect last I heard. This includes FoL ticks, HL glyph hits, PoH glyph ticks, etc. Even Vampiric Embrace procs it.

Essentially this is the new best in slot regen trinket for most healers, it will be amazing for new people gearing a druid/shaman/holy-priest/paladin in a hurry. The only healer spec I wouldn't want this for is disco.

Heh - who cares - there really should be a healing forum for this kinda stuff tbh.

Actually sadly its pretty bad for Paladins, doesn't proc off FoL Hot, JoL, or Holy Light Glyph.

Seems that extra healing that is talented and not casted doesn't seem to proc it.

/point finger at Vaudevillian

You are forever banished from the Shaman forums! > *evillaugh*

But seriously, as long as you don't come a trollin and add something to the conversation or even have a question all is well.

Quote Originally Posted by Barawr
    /point finger at Vaudevillian

You are forever banished from the Shaman forums! > *evillaugh*
    /puts hands in air

Nooo!

Back 2 topic: Guess this trinket was to good for certain classes:

The Ephemeral Snowflake trinket now has a very short cooldown to prevent it from restoring inappropriately large amounts of mana.

Quote Originally Posted by Bullhurley
    So looks to be fantastic for a druid, I can't see how it could be good for any other class. The amount of return wouldn't be worth loosing stats on a really good trinket. Man a druid in a freaking 25 man spamming hots and wild growth would be getting some mana back.
    This was considered to be druids BiS trinket for 3.3.

But as of today, Friday, December 11, 2009, this trinket has been nerfed to put in a small ICD to prevent the high mana returns. This puts it back below Solace for druids. As a Shaman, Solace is still hands down better if you need some form of mana regeneration.