Thread: Demo help plz

Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Demo help plz

Never messed with demo at all till now and was curious if Firestone is better than Spellstone or is it just preference?

Re: Demo help plz

Quote Originally Posted by deadhammer
    Never messed with demo at all till now and was curious if Firestone is better than Spellstone or is it just preference?
    Spellstone.
    Haste is much more valuable than crit as Demo.

Can someone give my a nice demo spec,
    im destro atm and prefer demo, but have know idea how to spec.
    Prefer meta because that gives my a nice boost form

The only "nice" Meta spec for PVE i think -> http://talent.mmo-champion.com/?warl...NUSR4,pQ,10958

As third glyph you can insert Meta or Quick deacy glyph

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Yranigami
    The only "nice" Meta spec for PVE i think -> http://talent.mmo-champion.com/?warl...NUSR4,pQ,10958

Use Meta. Quick Decay is... tricksy, and the dps gain from mastering "tricksy" is 60-80. Not worth it.

R.I.P. YARG

Quote Originally Posted by Yranigami

Don't need demonic empowerment...

If you are raiding it is better to make your own spec depending on what you need to fulfill instead of the same cookiecutter spec as everyone else

But if you are leveling take what you can get hehe

Quote Originally Posted by gherkin
    Use Meta. Quick Decay is... tricksy, and the dps gain from mastering "tricksy" is 60-80. Not worth it.
    Stop advertising against my glyph of quick decay you vile coffee provider : >

offtopic but since OPs question has been answered I thought I'd ask here anyway, did anyone else notice a huge soulshard usage as demo in raids since 3.3? I suspect it has to do with Decimation, anyone know what causes it and if there's any news from blizz about a fix?

Quote Originally Posted by dreadful
    offtopic but since OPs question has been answered I thought I'd ask here anyway, did anyone else notice a huge soulshard usage as demo in raids since 3.3? I suspect it has to do with Decimation, anyone know what causes it and if there's any news from blizz about a fix?
    Actually, if you begin casting SF during a decimation proc, but the proc wears off before you finished casting, you still get the haste but you lose a shard.
    It something to be aware of. Do not cast SF if your proc has less than your SF cast time left.

Deleted

Sorry for being offtopic, but related to Demo locks, can somebody tell me how does Demonic Pact work ?
    Does it stack with other SP buffs like Totem of Wrath ? Is there any buff it doesn't stack with ? what's its uptime for say, a ToC geared warlock ?

Quote Originally Posted by Mushrøømz
    Sorry for being offtopic, but related to Demo locks, can somebody tell me how does Demonic Pact work ?
    Does it stack with other SP buffs like Totem of Wrath ? Is there any buff it doesn't stack with ? what's its uptime for say, a ToC geared warlock ?
    It overwrites any spellpower buff : ToW, Flametongue totem, and other Demonic pacts if its value is higher. Meaning it owerwrites Flametongue totem if you have more than 1200 sp (should be easy enough), ToW if you have more than 2800 sp (should be feasable with current gear levels), and DP if you sp is higher than other Demonology warlocks around.
    Uptime should be around 90~95% if your pet can attack at all times.

With ToC\Ulduar HM gear I run with more than 4k sp raidbuffed, meaning I grant more than 120 sp above a totem of wrath.

Quote Originally Posted by ZzXK
    Don't need demonic empowerment...

If you are raiding it is better to make your own spec depending on what you need to fulfill instead of the same cookiecutter spec as everyone else

But if you are leveling take what you can get hehe
    What else would you spend that point in? that last point in imp demo tactics is not worth dropping demo emp, that has been stated in many EJ forums the all mighty sim craft proves it for all you hard math people
    He who is truly mediocre exerts himself 100%, it is not his efforts that fall short but his ability. Don't be a mediocre poser.
    http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Shattered+Hand&cn=Brootalkid
    http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Shattered+Hand&cn=Kidvicious

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Mushrøømz
    Uptime is 60% on beasts, due to phases / submerges / knockback. Uptime is 100% on Jaraxxus, if you leave him on the boss.

As an example.

R.I.P. YARG

Quote Originally Posted by kidvicious
    What else would you spend that point in? that last point in imp demo tactics is not worth dropping demo emp, that has been stated in many EJ forums the all mighty sim craft proves it for all you hard math people
    Umm lets try what is it umm... Supression? Meaning that you need less hit on your gear leaving room for other stats such as spirit/sp haste or crit

15+ Year Old Account

Demonic Empowerment > 1% Hit.

R.I.P. YARG

Perhaps I've been misinformed, but I believe putting your last point into Improved Demonic Tactics is better than placing it into Demonic Empowerment.

Edit: typos

Quote Originally Posted by Evilwarlock
    Perhaps I've been misinformed, but I believe putting your last point into Improved Demonic Tactics is better than placing it into Demonic Empowerment.

Edit: typos
    Quote Originally Posted by kidvicious
    I'm so smart.

Quote Originally Posted by gherkin
    Tricksy hobbitses.
    Your comments are duly noted and ignored.
    I punch a hobo every time someone says 'it's not a rotation it's a priority list lol'.

A fast question, I know Demo is shad bolts but for when Molten core proc's should I swap to either Incin or SF (Target is above the execute range), Been bugging me since release>

Please Shed some light
    (This signature was removed for violation of the Avatar & Signature Guidelines)

15+ Year Old Account

Incinerate. SF still consumes soul shards above 35%.

R.I.P. YARG

10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Angeal
    A fast question, I know Demo is shad bolts but for when Molten core proc's should I swap to either Incin or SF (Target is above the execute range), Been bugging me since release>

Please Shed some light
    I guess that this is supposed to say that Demonology isn't the Shadowbolt specc, but rather a mix of both Destruction and Affliction.

I guess we are intended to keep Immolate and Corruption up and spam Shadowbolt untill Molten Core proccs, and when below 35% we switch to Corruption and Soulfire-spam.

http://talent.mmo-champion.com/?warl...Orw_,q8p,10958
    ^That is a specc I suggested. Might be a worse specc than the Cookie-Cutter Demonology, but it is easier to understand than the current Demonology tree, at least in my opinion. Also, this specc should have enourmous damage on targets below 35%.
    Vol'jin fanboy