Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Is Blood even viable anymore?

So, I have been blood since DKs came out. I have been OP, UP, and rather balanced in the last year.

My guild farms all normal modes and attempts hard modes but more often then not, does not clear them.

Right now I have Archon Glaive, just waiting for Justicebringer or Quel'Delar to actually drop so I can have a real DPS weapon.

Anyway, here is my armory.
    http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...n=Theharbinger

I'm just wondering, this is a personal question for me and an overall question. Should I even bother staying blood anymore? My offsepc is blood tanking, and I would like to keep that. With continuing in ToGC and ICC, is there any reason to stay main spec if we have good healers and someone else to provide the AP buff? Can blood even compare to unholy anymore on single target (never could on AoE of course)?

I've read the threads about unholy DPS now. Blood has remained largely the same lately.

I'm just wondering if there is any somewhat definitive answer from the community about blood even being viable anymore.

Also, I love the blood play style and rotation, so that influences my decision heavily, but if I can pick up insane amounts of DPS from switching specs, then I will probably do it.

P.S. IB4 PVP boots QQ yes I know it hurts.

Re: Is Blood even viable anymore?

Blood is still good but you need alot of armor pen to have it compete with unholy which you don't need arm pen since your dmg is mostly magic

Quote Originally Posted by Grunthunter
    with unholy which you don't need arm pen since your dmg is mostly magic
    Wait wat?
    This user has been banned.

well, he was right up until two days ago.
    Quote Originally Posted by kumduh View Post
    @Wingwraith: You can haz a point too, but only because you admit you're a tool!

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account

Unholy is MUCH better than Blood.

Yes, ArP is a good stat for Unholy.

Quote Originally Posted by AhpuchRawr
    Wait wat?
    Maybe he meant that Blood benefits more from ArP than Unholy!?

Quote Originally Posted by Partyraiser
    Maybe he meant that Blood benefits more from ArP than Unholy!?
    Maybe you've been living under a rock for the past few weeks?

10+ Year Old Account

Maybe you should get your hit rating up
    "No one wants to change, but no one wants to be left behind either" -Joshua, The World Ends With You

Quote Originally Posted by Cadilac
    Welcome to the forums

I'm blood and I'm still top DPS vs others I've grouped with.

I think this Unholy stuff is a bunch of BS or servers are full of noobs lacking the right rotation.
    Unless something changes in the next few weeks I'll stick to blood.

Quote Originally Posted by Unknown
    I think this Unholy stuff is a bunch of BS or servers are full of noobs lacking the right rotation.
    Still playing blood? Then you need to point that finger at yourself.

Maybe you've been living under a rock for the past few weeks?
    Hehe! Maybe I should
    Nah, I know that Unholy also benefits from ArP with the new change to Scourge Strike, but isn't it so that Blood benefits more from ArP? Or am I wrong? If so, please tell me why =D.
    Thanks

Still playing blood? Then you need to point that finger at yourself.
    seriously dont be a jackass. every dk spec is fully viable for high pve dps.

keep on trolling

when I'm pulling more dps than equally geared unholy dk's theres only 2 options.
    1. Unholy is flaw
    2. every other dk is just being lazy/bad rotation

I doubt 2 would be the answer because that's a lot of damn people

As far as i know... in 3.2 blood was better single target dps then unholy? but the cleave fights in toc made unholy more viable?

If he/she has had no equally geared/skilled unholy dks to compare themselves to then they're going to be left in the dark.

As Blood in ToC and ToGC I was always skating around 1-5/encounter on dps, usually getting beaten by ranged NRB. When I switched to Unholy I ceased to skate between 1-5 and sat at 1 or 2, only getting beaten by a mage that outgeared me by a bit on Twin Valks.

Blood is a viable spec, don't get me wrong, but Unholy is and was just that much better, but play style is play style. He or she will make the decision to go Unholy when they run something and get beaten.

Quote Originally Posted by Cadilac
    I am sitting at exactly 7% and we ALWAYS have a Draenei. In fact, we raid with 8 of them, and I have two in my group, an elemental shaman and ret pally. I'm not even going to debate this.

Quote Originally Posted by kaelleria
    If he/she has had no equally geared/skilled unholy dks to compare themselves to then they're going to be left in the dark.

As Blood in ToC and ToGC I was always skating around 1-5/encounter on dps, usually getting beaten by ranged NRB. When I switched to Unholy I ceased to skate between 1-5 and sat at 1 or 2, only getting beaten by a mage that outgeared me by a bit on Twin Valks.

Blood is a viable spec, don't get me wrong, but Unholy is and was just that much better, but play style is play style. He or she will make the decision to go Unholy run something and get beaten.
    qft
    Quote Originally Posted by kumduh View Post
    @Wingwraith: You can haz a point too, but only because you admit you're a tool!

Quote Originally Posted by jraschke11
    I'm not even going to debate this.
    I think you should. Some people don't use their brains. It would at least be lulz for the both of us.

Quote Originally Posted by kaelleria

Blood is a viable spec, don't get me wrong, but Unholy is and was just that much better, but play style is play style. He or she will make the decision to go Unholy run something and get beaten.
    I am top damage done (usually by a large margin) on every fight except Twin Valks. Our arcane mage beats me on that one. But I do not have a decent unholy DK to compare myself to. But my guild is very average.

I agree that blood is better pure single target. I pull about 9k steady on Gormok by himself in ToGC25. But I am here to help my guild and do the most damage I can, so if unholy is that much more viable since the buff, I will make the switch.

Quote Originally Posted by Partyraiser
    Hehe! Maybe I should
    Nah, I know that Unholy also benefits from ArP with the new change to Scourge Strike, but isn't it so that Blood benefits more from ArP? Or am I wrong? If so, please tell me why =D.
    Thanks
    They changed SS to partially physical so it scaled with ArP as well, they wanted to make Scourge Strike a much harder hitting attack than it was so that we would go back to speccing Epidemic and Reaping which were left out of Unholy builds in 3.2 due to SS hitting like a wet towel.

Quote Originally Posted by Unknown
    2. every other dk is just being lazy/bad rotation
    Don't wanna be a jackass tbh, it's just UH should be pulling numbers higher than blood now, and it wasn't right to call them noobs... But maybe you're right, I know blood is very strong still but IMO and in the opinion of others it is better right now... maybe all other DKs on your server really are retarded .

After all, we're well known for being it