Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst

Re: So uh, Frost DPS eh?

Quote Originally Posted by Vevilair
    Nether, you understand DPS isn't half as important as damage done right?
    Ofc i do, but what was the question?
    DPS or Dmg Done here?
    Classic WoW.

Why did you go from a post about how you were wrong into one about how you don't really care because it's below other specs?

Quote Originally Posted by Vevilair
    Why did you go from a post about how you were wrong into one about how you don't really care because it's below other specs?
    Because i thought my point was valid. It seems i was wrong, and i was simply stating its viable, just lower than Arcane and Fire tmtw.
    Classic WoW.

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Netherinfern0
    I dont see this pointless arguments about frost dps. its behind arcane and fire tmtw, its viable but why would you be accepted in a raid especially in IIC,with less than the best you can perform.
    Because until you have encounters on farm status, there's more to the fights than just how fast you can pew pew Arcane Blast. For example:

Lord Marrowgar - This is more of a test of your tanks and healers. A difference of 1k dps might not mean as much as saving the healers some mana and time. Also, while you are bone spiked/moving from coldflame/moving from whirlwind, your water elemental will be doing constant DPS, which will even the field a bit between Frost and Arcane/Fire. Admittedly, this is an easy fight, but depending on the skill of your healers/tanks and whether it's on heroic or regular, this might help.

Lady Deathwhisper - Probably not the best choice compared to fire (Living Bomb everything) or arcane (kill single adds really fast).

Gunship Battle - Mages are probably doing ranged AoE defending your gunship. Frost > Arcane, but FFB is superior. Of course, this fight is easy; we failed pretty bad on 10 man and lost one of our two healers and a bunch of DPS and still managed to one shot it.

Deathbringer Saurfang - Ability to slow, stun and root the adds is pretty awesome, since they're the only challenging part of this fight.

Also, with my current gear (and only swapping one ring of equal ilvl to get to hit cap), I'm looking at a difference of only ~1200 dps in Rawr *without Deep Freeze*. Deep Freeze will result in a gain of ~15000 damage every ~30 seconds or 500 dps, which evens the playing field even more.

I have noticed a huge dps increase on my mage in frost spec. I'm not sure though if it scales well.

i dont know y people look at dps. i could do 1000000000000000 damage done ina fight in one second then go afk the entire fight. and people would go look he did such shitty dps, look at the damage done and i kicked everyones ass. look at damage done not dps.

@Komie
    is it possible for u to link the frost spec u used?

One thing I continuosly fail to grasp.

Frost PvEdps, [BF fireball] or [ignore and only spam frostbolt]?
    Quote Originally Posted by Nawramsti
    Mages are fine wtf are you talking about.
    Frost for PvP Arcane for LOLPVP and Fire for...... for.....for.......one sec will get back to you.

Quote Originally Posted by afkalmighty
    One thing I continuosly fail to grasp.

Frost PvEdps, [BF fireball] or [ignore and only spam frostbolt]?
    I haven't read up on frost much as of late, but I'm fairly certain BF still isn't worth it until you get 2pc t10. Don't quote me on that though.

Quote Originally Posted by Netherinfern0
    Ok here it is.
    Frost spec is basically spamming frostbolt and using FB on BF Procs.
    you use your BF proc after a frostbolt has finnished casting.
    The DoT on FB is (Around 30-40), that will tick once or twice when casting the following frostbolt.
    Witch is indeed a loss in dps and you will loose around 300-400 when those ticks hit. even though your elemental is waterbolting.
    Then your stuck in the same posision all fight until IV is used. then still your getting the sucky ticks from fireball resulting in loss of dps.
    including the glyph will cause you too loose a good chuck of base crit from MA i know. but i will remove that pesky DoT from the boss and give a 5% extra chance to crit.
    Since DPS is damage done divided by the time you spent doing this damage, this is technically wrong. Mods might not display it correctly, but adding damage to your total without spending more time on it cannot lower your DPS, therefore it is impossible for the fireball dot to lower your DPS.
    It can only change the time the mod uses to calculate your DPS.
    So no, it does not lower your DPS, however, it can greatly increase the error in your calculations.

You do indeed have no grasp of what DPS is.

Quote Originally Posted by Skarrd
    That would never fly in pvp. They could always just make deep freeze hit stupid kinds of hard.
    Or just make glyph of deep freeze no longer stun people and reduce cooldown ( since it already doesnt work on dpsing other players ).... Pvers happy, PvPers happy.

15+ Year Old Account

to make up for the disparity between arc/fire and frost, deep freeze would have to hit for 40k+ consistently.
    BfA Beta Time

Something like

[Glyph of Brainfreeze]
    your brainfreeze affects frostfirebolt but your frostfirebolt no longer slows your targets.

would be nice

skarrd//
    right, thanks for the info. I got confused after looking at the rotation in RAWR, must have switched to t10 and forgot :P
    Quote Originally Posted by Nawramsti
    Mages are fine wtf are you talking about.
    Frost for PvP Arcane for LOLPVP and Fire for...... for.....for.......one sec will get back to you.