Deleted

Recount question

This is something ive been trying to sort out for a while.

What i want to do is have recount AUTOMATICALLY show when IN combat, but hide OUT of combat, while i know there is the /recount show and hide options im not really looking for that, there an option to hide it IN combat, which is 100% the OPPOSITE of what i want to do....

anyone got any ideas?

10+ Year Old Account

Re: Recount question

Quote Originally Posted by xsynisterx
    This is something ive been trying to sort out for a while.

What i want to do is have recount AUTOMATICALLY show when IN combat, but hide OUT of combat, while i know there is the /recount show and hide options im not really looking for that, there an option to hide it IN combat, which is 100% the OPPOSITE of what i want to do....

anyone got any ideas?

I'm pretty sure that option hides it out of combat...

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by Mogrutana

I'm pretty sure that option hides it out of combat...
    no it doesnt, the wording itself for the option is "Autohide On Combat"

15+ Year Old Account

Pretty sure there is something in Keybindings section under the Recount header for this. At work so I can't check though.
    Quote Originally Posted by GrinnersGrin View Post
    If Tinkers aren't the next class in WoW I'll shit in my hands and clap then eat my shoe.

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by Sativex
    Pretty sure there is something in Keybindings section under the Recount header for this. At work so I can't check though.
    Theres options there to toggle hide/show of it, but again thats doing it manually which is what im wanting to avoid :-)

Same issue, anyone? I Need help.
    Jamshield - Silvermoon EU

The setting appears to be just the opposite of what you want and with good reason.
    If you feel the need to be watching recount while in combat, then it means that you are not watching omen and are more worried about topping the meters than you are about doing your job.
    That is why the setting works that way, and why omen has just the opposite option.
    So you can place both in the same location, and go to omen in combat, and recount when out of it.

So you have to be in combat to link a damage meter or to check any of the information it provides ? That is rather simply stupid and unecessary.
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Your forgot to include the part where we blame casuals for everything because blizzard is catering to casuals when casuals got jack squat for new content the entire expansion, like new dungeons and scenarios.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinaerd View Post
    T'is good to see there are still people valiantly putting the "Ass" in assumption.

Quote Originally Posted by ComputerNerd
    The setting appears to be just the opposite of what you want and with good reason.
    If you feel the need to be watching recount while in combat, then it means that you are not watching omen and are more worried about topping the meters than you are about doing your job.
    That is why the setting works that way, and why omen has just the opposite option.
    So you can place both in the same location, and go to omen in combat, and recount when out of it.

So you have to be in combat to link a damage meter or to check any of the information it provides ? That is rather simply stupid and unecessary.
    100% true

You can have a real-time graph that only comes up in combat (I think) but watch out adjusting the size of the graph in combat as re-scaling the graph will easily crash a lot of games. The graphs can also show your raid-wide Damage which is only useful for the raid leader to start the slack wars.

Deleted

Recount is cool and everything, and I know this has been discussed thousands of times, but it sucks that its taken such a hold on the game. Players constantlying asking for recount results for raids and stuff, just like gearscore. It sucks.

The game was never meant to be about 8k DPS. It was about being able to persevere through boss fights, reguardless of your gear. Thats what gear set names are for.

Quote Originally Posted by sarethen
    Recount is cool and everything, and I know this has been discussed thousands of times, but it sucks that its taken such a hold on the game. Players constantlying asking for recount results for raids and stuff, just like gearscore. It sucks.

The game was never meant to be about 8k DPS. It was about being able to persevere through boss fights, reguardless of your gear. Thats what gear set names are for.
    Agree.
    Recount like Gearscore as the classic example is a tool designed with one purpose in mind, but egotistical and lazy players use only a small subset of, of if even more than a single one of the features they offer.
    Recount can show a lot more than simply dps/hps meters, but the majority are unaware, or simply do not care.
    Gearscore can give indications of itemisation, meeting of hit rating etc, but the huge majority simply do not care.
    Your forgot to include the part where we blame casuals for everything because blizzard is catering to casuals when casuals got jack squat for new content the entire expansion, like new dungeons and scenarios.
    T'is good to see there are still people valiantly putting the "Ass" in assumption.

I have to fully agree to ComputerNerd, only a really small part of GS and recount is used by the majority of the players. While beeing a Raidleader by myself I allways check at least four tabs through the fight but hardly ever have a look at dps or hps as long as the mobs are dying before the players die. HPS does not count as long as nobody dies, dps as long as the boss dies.

BUT

While not raidleading just watch omen, your cds, your movement and other relavant actions during the fight.

Its up to him on weither he wants to watch and try to top meters or not. Even though it not recommended...
    I would suggest making a macro with /show recount and another with /hide recount. Keybind them to something and your set.

Since he was aware of the command lines to toggle the visibility, then it could very easily as I am sure he was also aware of it being macro'd and keybound.
    He wanted an automatic display during combat, which yes I am sure someone could be capable of writing an addon for.
    I was simply stating that it was a bad idea, and the reasons behind why it did not work that way.
    Trying to avoid him becoming yet another more fussed with big numbers rather than their job, which is unfortunatly an increasing amount of those I pug with nowadays.
    Topping meters is one thing, but keeping an eye on the meter if anything will make you die faster, and so do just the opposite.

Scarab Lord
    15+ Year Old Account

I'll be honest, I use to have mine set up so Recount appeared in combat only. Had to write a small addon for it. Just set it up to listen for the standard event that activates in all combats (the reduced regen event - I can't remember it's exact name) and then when it sees that event, just call Recount.Mainwindow:Show() (I think - I haven't used Recount itself for nearly a year), and also set it up to listen for the return to normal regen event, and when it sees that event, just call Recount.Mainwindow:Hide() (or whatever it is - that should be close, tho').