Feral kitty wep chant

ive heard ppl talk about beserking and mongoose both being good enchants for kitty dps. which is the better one to give you that little kick in dps

Re: Feral kitty wep chant

Depends on your gear. Use Rawr or something to find out what's best for you.

Berserking reduces armor, therefore it is not a tanking enchant. Argue it all you want but reduced armor makes it a terrible tanking enchant.

Edit: Alzheimer's is acting up again...I'm drifting off into senility.

Berserking reduces armor, therefore it is not a tanking enchant. Argue it all you want but reduced armor makes it a terrible tanking enchant.
    Please read before you post when the OP states in the title of the thread and in his post that he is talking about kitties why would be bring in irrelevant bear facts.
    Resto Druids, the best health care system

Quote Originally Posted by doomchken
    Please read before you post when the OP states in the title of the thread and in his post that he is talking about kitties why would be bring in irrelevant bear facts.
    lol beat me to it
    Krimson states...
    Clearly the correct play here is to drop acid everyday.
    Just because you can't easily overdose on acid doesn't mean that dropping 50 hits in a night won't turn you into a drooling retard.

Simple answer is once you break 10k ap buffed mongoose is better then berserking.

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by doomchken
    Its best to ignore Getefix, its very rare that he actually gets the right info in to the right thread these days

Quote Originally Posted by Moogosa
    this, use rawr or toskk's.. at early gear levels, beserker was better.. as you hit a certain gear level, mongoose became more dps and now that we are at the crit cap, rawr/toskk's rates beserker over mongoose because part of mongoose's proc becomes devalued

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by littlepiggy
    this, use rawr or toskk's.. at early gear levels, beserker was better.. as you hit a certain gear level, mongoose became more dps and now that we are at the crit cap, rawr/toskk's rates beserker over mongoose because part of mongoose's proc becomes devalued
    good point i never thought about that lol, but if my GMC:G + idol + mongooze i am at like 77% crit
    TREE DURID IS 4 PEE

In most cases then

t7-t9,58 berserking

t9,58-10,64 mongoose

t10,64->>> zerking again

The thing is when you get enugh ap+arp then the haste+crit becomes better then the 200 more ap, but when you hit the crit cap then zerking is most of the time the best option again since you loose the crit. All this is VERY VERY gear dependant and running rawr is by far alot better option then anything else.

Quote Originally Posted by Moogosa
    omg my kittehs baby daddy!

Quote Originally Posted by getefix

Edit: Alzheimer's is acting up again...I'm drifting off into senility.
    wow dude

made me laugh

Well I created (what I think is) BiS set using rawr 2.3.8, and I ended up being ArPen, Hit & Experitse caped with 74% crit & 15323 attack power. With those stats Rawr recommended to use Mongoose cause it beats Berserking by 4 (that's FOUR) DPS. Now if you rlly care about 4 DPS when you do 14436 DPS anyway, then ench Mogoose, otherwise enchant what ever you damn please
    Even massacre enchant was only 12 DPS behind Mogoose.

I also created one more set, but this time using only lvl 264 items or lower, and Mongoose was 18 DPS in front of Berserking.

Hope this helps

i would recomend either mongoose or executioner as they can be used by tanks and dps and are both good enchants (and if your anything like me you will be jumping between the two on a regular basis).
    so executioner or mongoose depending on what you need

Edit:
    http://www.wowhead.com/?spell=42974
    http://www.wowhead.com/?spell=27984

They are my favorite choices as they are both good enchants and they cater for both Kitty and Bear
    Quote Originally Posted by Stieger23
    By this logic the moon is more important than the sun. The sun gives us light in the day when we don't need it, but the moon gives us light at night when we do.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lokann
    "Warcraft isn't going to end as long as there still are Orcs."

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by Skyyline
    ive heard ppl talk about beserking and mongoose both being good enchants for kitty dps. which is the better one to give you that little kick in dps
    zerg > mongoose > 110 ap

I prefer mongoose ... even with my uber gear im sticking to moongoose.

Quote Originally Posted by manbeartruck
    zerg > mongoose > 110 ap
    When would 110 ever be better than Berserk?

Especially at higher gear levels...

Quote Originally Posted by Biznick
    When would 110 ever be better than Berserk?

Especially at higher gear levels...
    Massacre actually works with Predatory Strikes, so the enchant actually adds around 145 attack power. I read some where on another forum that massacre is not a bad choice. Berserk can be better if it's uptime is good.

So really the choice is 145 AP all the time, or 400 AP some of the times. If you can get zerk to proc even more, then zerking is better. If you are soloing, massacre is better I believe.

I'm also testing to see if massacre is better in pvp since most of the time berserk actually procs, I'm not actually fighting and the times that I do fight (IE, opening up on someone) berserk isn't there.

In a raiding context Massacre will never be better than Berserking, but it won't be too far behind either. It's a decent choice mostly if your new Druid is gearing up in 5 man dungeons and you know you're gonna replace that dungeon weapon with a raiding weapon soonish.

But back to the OP, the Zerk vs Mongoose question depends a lot on your existing stats so Toskk/Rawr it.