retribution pvp,command,tier10 2pc

ive been posting this idea on wow forums and am yet to get any good discussion about it

i read somewhere command will out burst righteousness as weapons get better(next season)

tier 10 2 piece-your melee attacks have a 40% chance to reset the cooldown of divine storm

seal of commands seal effect is considered a melee attack-and can crit where righteousness seal cannot crit-more art of war procs

glyph of seal of command-8% mana return from judgement(to offset the mana loss of using divine storms heavily)

with the repetence change,to not break on righteous vengence dot

divine storm procs this dot-seal effect on command procs this dot,so does the judgement i believe(the judgement of command is considered a melee attack right?)

using seal of command instead of righteousness frees up some talent points,allowing you to get improved sacred shield inthe prot tree,or righteous vengence in the ret tree,or both if you wanted

anyone thought about this or tried it on the PTR? what do you guys think about this?

imo it would definately be the king of cleave if anything

Re: retribution pvp,command,tier10 2pc

Quote Originally Posted by billyjoebobjack
    divine storm procs this dot-seal effect on command procs this dot,so does the judgement i believe(the judgement of command is considered a melee attack right?)
    Righteous Vengeance does not proc off of our seals. I won't try to offer any inputs regarding 2T10 w/ Command because I haven't tested it nor am I a huge PvPer. Just wanted to point out this flaw in your argument.

Win7(64)Pro - Intel 3770K @ 4.5GHz - 4x4GB DDR3 G Skill Ripjaws X - XFX Radeon HD 7970 - Samsung EVO 500GB SSD

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Prentice
    Righteous Vengeance does not proc off of our seals. I won't try to offer any inputs regarding 2T10 w/ Command because I haven't tested it nor am I a huge PvPer. Just wanted to point out this flaw in your argument.
    Seals also do not proc AoW.

i like how you assumed its an ''argument'' when im merely wanting a discussion on this and peoples thoughts

but are u sure commands seal crit wont proc it? i thought it was considered a melee attack?

ronark is the seal effect on command considered a melee attack?

15+ Year Old Account

ronark is the seal effect on command considered a melee attack?
    Yes and no.

It is a spell that has melee components, and deals spell damage.

i like how you assumed its an ''argument'' when im merely wanting a discussion on this and peoples thoughts

but are u sure commands seal crit wont proc it? i thought it was considered a melee attack?
    Quote Originally Posted by Dictionary.com
    Argument -
    3. a process of reasoning; series of reasons: I couldn't follow his argument.
    Argument doesn't always mean having a disagreement.

Melee attacks aren't one of the contributing factors in RV. Only Judgement, Crusader Strike, and Divine Storm. Debating the attack type of the Seal of Command damage isn't even necessary.

Win7(64)Pro - Intel 3770K @ 4.5GHz - 4x4GB DDR3 G Skill Ripjaws X - XFX Radeon HD 7970 - Samsung EVO 500GB SSD

im going on live testing command seal and judgement if it procs aow/righteous vengence

15+ Year Old Account

im going on live testing command seal and judgement if it procs aow/righteous vengence
    Judgement does: Seals do not.

I even linked the talent so you could read the attacks that proc it. Reading is hard.

yah judgement of command procs righteous vengence,not a seal crit,nor does seal crit proc aow-judgement of command crit also procs aow,but so does righteousness judgement crit-it also procs aow and righteous vengence

well im using a 232 weapon on live,command may judge harder then righteousness with next seasons pvp 2 hander

only way i can find out is go on the ptr or get the pvp 2 hander next season

even if you had a 232 weapon it still seems like tier10 2 piece bonus would make up for the lost burst from using command

This just in: Seal of command is the AoE seal.

10+ Year Old Account

I love how this guy was told the mechanics of AoW and RV by 2 people, then went to test it, only to come back and tell us what we already know...
    Look up, see the buzzards circling?

Quote Originally Posted by Hollow_Sorrow
    1st of all, RV sucks ass in pvp, even after that socalled repentance buff.
    2nd, SoC is aoe seal, so it is used only in melee cleave = TT
    3rd, JoC plainly sucks hairy bottom.
    4th blablabla bla bli blublublu
    5th, for pvp, you WANT *unyelding faith*

yer missing the point

you would take command for the glyphs 8% mana return

with tier10 2 piece bonus resetting divine storm,itd be mana intensive,this is the only reason to take command

unyielding faith is not required as you make it sound like,that is a personal preference talent,for example ,if you have a priest on yer team,or a holy pally,they can cleanse the fears off of you

your also not thinking about next seasons pvp 2 handers,and how indeed they could be more bursty then righteousness,as command scales with the weapon

and righteous vengence does suck yes,but when your using command you have 4 extra talent points that become available from not speccing into seals of the pure,maybe more points,so these points can be spent into RV,since repetence no longer breaks on RV dot,its more appealing in a setup like this,you can also spend the talents in improved sacred shield if you like,whatever you PREFER

however,none of us will know how it will perform until the next seasons pvp 2 hander is obtainable,or even on the PTR,as command scales with your weapon,it will surely become better with next seasons weapons,it might not out perform righteousness in the burst catageory even then,but still,i would think the extra divine storms would outweigh the burst lost from using command

just something to try out next season guys

Quote Originally Posted by Serryn
    I love how this guy was told the mechanics of AoW and RV by 2 people, then went to test it, only to come back and tell us what we already know...
    Clearly, Ronark and I have no clue what we're talking about.

i wouldn't use RV in arena period. its not gonna win games(hits like a limp noodle and most likely will never roll properly). However the 2 pc t10 will almost always be used in a melee cleave team. With bladestorm, seal of command and extra divine storms, it will be even easier. I just hope they dont nerf the sets for pvp. Unless they change it to something good.

2Piece t10 for any class will not work in arena, it will instead grant 100ish resilience something something. 4p however will work, /thread?
    http://ask-a-ret.blogspot.com/ - Best paladin blog EU no jk.

Quote Originally Posted by myrkyr
    Nerd rage moar!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Raiss
    He probably tried to kill a resto druid at WSG, got cycloned and started a new thread complaning how ret paladins are bad for pvp.