Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast

Re: Deep Freeze damage!

Quote Originally Posted by Rogge
    It's viable if you don't care about doing good dps.

Arcane is one of the top dps specs across all classes. Frost one of the worst.
    You worded that poorly. Its more like: "If you don't care about being TOP DPS."

Blizz said they wanted dps only classes to have the all of the trees to be almost equal but they all differed in play style.

Basically its okay to pick your favorite spec even if it isn't top. I mean who cares if your not 1st on the dps thing? I'll take 5th place any day. A Frost Mage definitely isn't going to ruin the entire raid. Its not the end of the world! I say its more of a problem having a Sub Rogue.

In fact I respecced Frost the moment the patch came out because I love frost. Its always been my favorite. But I HAD to switch to raid. But no its viable so I came back to it. And then I immediatly did those new 5 mans and I was always 2nd on the meters or 1st if it involved AoE. Its perfectly fine to use.

15+ Year Old Account

Viable is a subjective term.

Can you dps as frost? Yes.
    Can you beat people on meters (like it matters)? Sometimes. Usually only lower geared players or lower skilled players.
    Is Arcane at least 1-2k dps higher? Yes.
    Global Moderator | Forum Guidelines

Quote Originally Posted by Swizzle
    ey, who you think you is editing mah post n what not. SIR, i bid you good day. ARHGHGAHGHG SAID GOOD DAY.
    I have nothing constructive to say in this thead except to say the quoted post is win and made me do a sex wee.. thank you pleashe

The main question is that can someone raid as frost without being considered a "gimp?" But I thought the permenant water elemental was having issues. Or did they fix that?

Quote Originally Posted by Xevec
    The main question is that can someone raid as frost without being considered a "gimp?" But I thought the permenant water elemental was having issues. Or did they fix that?
    What issue? O_O

And people, you will do FINE as frost. You wont be number 1 on the meters, but you will not be last unless ur in a raiding guild where everyone has all equal gear and all have the optimal spec than yeah you'll be last. It really matters who you ask. Ask a leetist and they'll say "its trash" because they hang around with some very VERY high dpsers. Ask normal player and they'll say its not that much worse. And it really isnt. Its also nice because you don't take as much damage (and if your a healer you know how annoying it is when the enitre raid is being damaged) with your shield and you can cold snap your ice block (and deep freeze for two consecutive 23K spells with no cast time) and get out of certain CC effects bosses throw at you.

Frost is pretty viable if you are terrible at playing a Mage. I recommend it for that purpose.

*sits back as frost lovers completely take that the wrong way.

You can raid as frost and if you don't mind going from top 3 dps down to like #10-15, then go for it.

The issue is in a raid setting the dps just isn't up to par and if you're in a more hardcore raiding guild, they aren't going to want to bring you in as frost, as the class doesn't have any utility to make up for the dps loss [unlike a demo warlock for example].

If Blizzard added some kind of utility to the frost tree to make up for the loss in dps I could see it being a viable raiding spec, but for the time being....it just isn't, the drop in dps is too drastic. A couple hundred dps is one thing, a couple thousand is another.

How about utility-wise?

I don't play a mage myself, but I'm interested to know: Both Fire and Frost bring 5% crit debuff, of the two which will produce better personal DPS?

It's good enough that if you're in a ten man and the group otherwise wouldn't have replenishment, you'd be better off playing frost. That's a bit better than the previous mark of, people will brand you retarded and run you out of the instance, so that's a plus.

FROST IS NOT VIABLE AS A END GAME RAIDING SPEC. STOP SAYING IT IS BECAUSE I WILL TAKE MY PEMBROKE WELSH CORGI AND SMACK YOU UPSIDE THE FACE WITH IT.

Way cooler than a Corgi. That's a Shepherd by the way. It grows up to save you from fires, protect you from gun-toting robbers breaking into your house, and sniff out your big brother's weed stash.

you spelled wrong ''mr caps makes me look smarter'' anyways, frost works my mage isnt 80 yet lawl, but from my experiences just play what you like specc and class, who the hell cares if someone gimps you for dps and not being the flavor specc of the month, its atm arcane will probably nerfed so that fire or frost is best and it will keep going like that so now stfu and let people play what they want without putting your nose in it and calling them noobs for enjoying the game.

btw werent frost supposed to get a talent that does so that everytime you crit with ice lance your cast time on frost bolt goes down?

Thanks to Stanton Biston for the amazing sig!

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by elseagoat

Way cooler than a Corgi. That's a Shepherd by the way. It grows up to save you from fires, protect you from gun-toting robbers breaking into your house, and sniff out your big brother's weed stash.
    oh ho ho, i beg to differ sir.

since frost is the worst DPS spec in the game, this thread is now all about pictures of puppies.
    BfA Beta Time

oh ho ho, i beg to differ sir.

since frost is the worst DPS spec in the game, this thread is now all about pictures of puppies.
    The shepherd puppy is far cuter than this puppy.

I get happy whenever a frost mage is in my raid, dno why but yeah its viable... today in voa 25 we had a frost mage with 6k dps, so thats why I'll post this PolarBear for you guys who think it is not viable.

Quote Originally Posted by elseagoat

That's a labrador you daft biggot.

15+ Year Old Account

s-s-s-s-simcraft.

damn, look how viable frost is...at the bottom. shut up, it's not viable.

BfA Beta Time

s-s-s-s-simcraft.

aww thats so cute

Quote Originally Posted by Skwirrel
    That's a labrador you daft biggot.
    Really?
    http://guntherwgs.com/aboutwhitegermanshepherds.aspx

Their ears are usually floppy when they are very young, and disproportionately large and pointed shortly after until they reach adulthood. Most Shepherds, unless improperly crated throughout their youth, have a lot of muscular control over ear movement, allowing them to prick up and rotate their ears to a larger degree than most dogs.
    And here are some more pics of white Shepherds as puppies.

This is a more matured German Shepherd, looks to be a long haired rather than fine haired breed.

Here are some more long haired pups.

And here is the definition of a bigot (spelled with only one "g"), so you can use it properly next time.

Noun
    S: (n) bigot (a prejudiced person who is intolerant of any opinions differing from his own)
    I don't believe I demonstrated any intolerance. In fact, I have always tried to be tolerant of all dogs, despite how fucking ugly and stupid they can get (especially those nasty purse dogs that chicks get), because intolerance leads to stereotypes, which then leads to particular breeds being used improperly. Pit bulls are the best example of this.

Feel like a moron yet? You should.

s-s-s-s-simcraft.

I love how huskies look like little devils as puppies, haha.