Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast

Re: Random dungeon is NOT random

Quote Originally Posted by LavaDuck
    Random rng is random.

If you flip a coin 100 times, there is still a 50 % chance of it going either way.
    There is also a chance of getting heads all 100 times. There is nothing in the laws of probability to stop this chance.

Random is random

I get the new ICC's every other time and I hate it because I want to faceroll old shit for alt gear.

Cerabret100

Quote Originally Posted by fliparto
    There is also a chance of getting heads all 100 times. There is nothing in the laws of probability to stop this chance.
    Exactly, expanding on that, you could get 99 heads, call the next one as heads, and get tails. Probability basically doesn't give two shits as to what patterns it creates, every flip is a fresh start.

Deleted

I've not had repeats, but I'm not sure they're entirely random in that I have the feeling that you may end up in a group where some people have chosen random but some people have not.

If you are getting grouped with people that have selected specific dungeons then the distribution of dungeons you end up with will be biased by other people's choices.

Still doesn't explain why occulus comes up so much though!

a real test might be a preform of same 5 people, repeatedly picking random dungeon over and over, you'd all have identical lockouts,so the random table,weighted against repeats would be the same

I'm pretty sure this is how it 'decides how to random':
    1. You have a list of people who queued, all classified as tanks/dps/healers.
    2. Select from the TOP downwads, 3 DPS, 1 Healer, 1 Tank.
    3. Create a list of possible dungeons they can enter. (This includes lockouts, gear checks)
    4. Create a weight system of the dungeons on that list. (IE, weight lower dungeons that players have done).
    5. Roll the dice.

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Nezoia
    So today:

Oculus: x3
    Azjol-Nerub: x3
    CoT : Stratholme: x3
    Old Kingdom: x2
    Drag'Tharon Keep: x2
    Gundrak: x2
    Violet Hold: x1

And for the record, I have unlocked the new dungeons.

This leaves following unlocked:

Frozen Halls (3) , Utgarde (2), Nexus, ToC, Ulduar (2) = 8 unused dungeons.

Wasn't the system meant to prevent this?
    Today I got:
    HoSx1
    FoSx2
    HoRx2
    HoLx3
    Nexusx1
    VHx2-3

Pretty random, they said that if you do an instance there is less chance, not that you wont ever go back that day.

The thing is though, I started at 10am in the morning, and already there got a lot of unlikely instances, as most I grouped with were doing the first instance of the day.

I would be nice if the system could ensure you got to do at least once of every instance before starting to repeat them.

I got lucky on instance #17 which I just finished, got Halls of Lightning. Now for some sleep, but I'm not really impressed by the system's "randomness".

Pretty random, they said that if you do an instance there is less chance, not that you wont ever go back that day.
    less chance shouldn't equal doing same instance over and over again 2-3 times per day.

It's totally bullshit having to do something like Oculus 3 times on the same day.

For everyone that's gotten oculus and frozen halls a million times, I hate you. I've never gotten them and I still need two achievements in oculus + all the new fancy loot.

Get enough monkeys and give them enough type writers, eventually one of them will write Hamlet.

The world works in mysterious ways sometimes.
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...monzi/advanced

Quote Originally Posted by Crokey View Post
    You know you just wrote 7 paragraphs about some people you have never met, playing a computer game in a way you disagree with?

Randomness is random.

Surprise, surprise.

Now go and Q me a river.
    <;~~~~{] -____- )|:-~=(}

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account

RNG.
    Enough said.

I bet you there's more then one person out there that's had the complete opposites of your own number of certain dungeons, for example some person that's been getting the new one's several times.
    RNG amongst millions of players says that such is the case.

Just as well as one person having done ToC5 HC the same amount of times as me yet never seen the axe for example, whilst I have seen it several times.

RNG.

Bloodsail Admiral
    15+ Year Old Account

Your experience only proves that it is random. It certainly wouldn't be random if you could predict which dungeon you were going to be sent to.

If it was meant to be completely random, it would be expected. But it's not. The system is meant to avoid doing the same instances as you done already, more than once.

And personally think if I've done a instance 3 times, it should count for 3 players, ie. out-voting the others, and picking another instance. It's simply no good if one can be forced to run same instance all day (seems possible, and even likely to happend!).

P.S. WoW uses Psudo-RNG, not RNG.

Blizzard very explicit did state that it wouldn't attempt to run the same dungeons over and over again all day, specific with Oculus in mind.

Either they must have removed this, or the implementation is seriously broken.
    no, they solved occ hate by nerfing it to the ground.

The thing is though, I started at 10am in the morning, and already there got a lot of unlikely instances, as most I grouped with were doing the first instance of the day.

I would be nice if the system could ensure you got to do at least once of every instance before starting to repeat them.

I got lucky on instance #17 which I just finished, got Halls of Lightning. Now for some sleep, but I'm not really impressed by the system's "randomness".
    less chance shouldn't equal doing same instance over and over again 2-3 times per day.

It's totally bullshit having to do something like Oculus 3 times on the same day.
    Ok so you want it to be random, but not really. Only when you've done them all. Which isn't really random. But you want it to be random though.

15+ Year Old Account

If it was meant to be completely random, it would be expected. But it's not. The system is meant to avoid doing the same instances as you done already, more than once.
    It makes you less likely to get in the same one. It does not block that one for the list.

33 random dungeons over the last two days.

3 x occulus
    3 x violet hold
    3 x up
    3 x ok
    3 x hos
    3 x gundrak
    2 x nexus
    2 x hol
    2 x toc
    2 x uk
    2 x cos
    1 x dtk
    1 x hor
    1 x pos
    1 x fos
    1 x an

seems random enough to me.

Rofl It is random ofc by luck u can get same instance twice or 3 times... Dont QQ about that...

I got all heroics with the radom heroic, ofc it took 2 days and 70 tries but hey u can do random 15 and get 7, 20 times
    Shure I got:
    Occulus = 5
    Nexus = 3
    Pit of sharon = 4
    Halls of reflection = 3
    Forge of souls = 2
    Violet hold = 2
    ... list goes on but yes I got every heroic atleast once. so It is random and sometimes u have bad luck getting same instance.. Just as u have bad luck rolling 99 and you think you just won 100% shure that item.. Then there comes some late roller and rolls 100 and you loose.

Hmm thats called BAD LUCK! so dont Q_Q about it it happens. If you dont like the game stop playing

15+ Year Old Account

1. Dungeons you haven't done

2. Match people with similar gear levels

3. Profit ???