Seriously, what do we spec?

Well after having a horrible run in (3.7k DPS) with the Reaping build posted on Elitist Jerks earlier this week, I feel lost.
    I'm not really sure what I should be speccing at this point, I went back to Blood on another attempt and that doesn't seem to put me at any advantage either.
    With my current gear http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...&n=Watermelons, what should I be specced as? (I'm aware I'm way over hit cap, trying to get rid of Pyrite Infuser.

Re: Seriously, what do we spec?

3.7k dps in what? A 5 man? You're gear isn't spectacular or anything so that doesn't seem that far off...

20/20/21 or 71 in one tree is pro from what I hear

the reaping build is only for DK's who have 2 piece t10, you should go with the non-reaping build
    "How poor are they that have not patience"

I assume you've been blood before? You have quite some ArP. It's not bad, but it's beter if you could convert some to crit.
    Oh and have you ever heard of a thing called "Expertise"?

And I agree with kaelleria, your gear isn't bad but it's not like it's very special or something either, so you shouldn't expect insane numbers.
    If your 3.7 was in a 5man it would've been nice. In a 10man it would be OK (not more not less) depending on the available buffs you had. If it was from a 25 then I agree it's quite low, but then I wouldn't blame your talentspec to be honest...

If you want to compare, take my armory, I do about 4400dps steady on a dummy (only self buffed) I know dummy's aren't really good to test stuff but at least you got something to compare. I haven't raid 10 or 25's yet since the patch. I did some HC's and went up to 5.5 or something like that, but that was also because of some nice aoe of course.

I'm a little confused in why you have Icewalker? Ap would prolly be better considering your high hit.

And as people have said, Expertise man, try to get it as close to 26 as you can, and get the build without reaping and practice the rotation. It will help but it won't get you the numbers you may have been getting pre-nerf, sadly UH feels boring but it is still a very solid tree.