Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Which dps class for arena?

Hi I currently want to dps in arena. I currently have 4 80 chars. Pally Druid shaman and dk. I want to play a pure class because I always end up healing. Have never dps in arena b4. I don't want to play the dk because they can not hold their own against alot of class.

I want to know which class would be best to dps in arena and why? I don't care about the OP just a class that can hold their own and put alot of preasure. I have alot of experience healing with Druid and pally but 0 experience from the dps side and I want to know how it feel

Thx in advance

Re: Which dps class for arena?

I play as elemental shaman and I like it alot. With some decent gear you are very hard to take down and the damage is pretty amazing. I have tried playing ret paladin, but you are almost forced to do 3v3 or 5v5 only.

As shaman you bring buffs along with you damage, plus some decent CC. So my advice, shaman all the way.

ok i honestly made an account after 2 years of visiting this site to comment.
    you are obviously new to arena, and i have to be honest since your probably under 1.5k rating
    DK's ROFLSTOMP.
    the pure fact that with experiance in arena you dont know that is why i think your rating is so low.
    dk's can put amazing pressure on all casters, dps or heals.
    warriors not so much since bladestorm can rip any class apart minus pally bubble.
    Even against enh shammys and rogues, Dk's hold there own really well even thought they arent completely faceroll like back in s5.
    to sum up, dont waste your time rerolling, just l2dk.

You should choose your DK, it really does take less skill then, lets say feral or ret, since if you roll those classes you'll have to heal and CC. So to sum it up:
    1. Get belf dk, 2x silence
    2. Find holydin/hunter
    3. get over9000 rating in 3's
    4. ???
    5. Gladiator.
    http://ask-a-ret.blogspot.com/ - Best paladin blog EU no jk.

Quote Originally Posted by myrkyr
    Nerd rage moar!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Raiss
    He probably tried to kill a resto druid at WSG, got cycloned and started a new thread complaning how ret paladins are bad for pvp.

Don't listen to them. Roll a destro lock or continue with your sham as elemental and watch your ratings fly high regardless of your skills. Just make sure u join a wizzardcleave.

And no dk's aren't as good as some ppl say anymore. They are viable but that's a different story. PPL who say anything else don't play arena or play under 1500 where most dk's play. At higher rating dk's are pretty much the least representet class now. It's not really because they've been nerfed, it's more because of 80% of the 3v3 teams in arena are faceroll cleaves(wizard cleaves) and they counter teams that dk's are in (cleaves). So untill they nerf wizard cleave u wont have fun in 3s trust me.

In 2s they lack the pressure compared to other classes to score a kill against a healer/melee team. Everytime i see a dk on the opposite team when i play on my resto shaman i get a smile on my face.

Elemental shaman is the one and only way.

Sorry about the dk comment but I play at 1600+ lock/Druid we started playing late. I said dk can not hold their own because is the class that put the least preasure on me. I was thinking about lock because my partner is a lock and see that he can hold his own against any class except rogue. I know my rating is not high to be talking like that but is from my experience as a healer pov

Of the pures, the easiest for you to play is probably Death Knight. Some of the above posters are mixing up difficulty of class with how well the class is performing. Just because DK representation has gone significantly down over the patches doesn't mean the class has gotten any harder; doing damage as DK is still relatively easy in comparison to what other classes have to go through in PvP. Disease cleansers are annoying, and they certainly contribute to less damage done overall, but it doesn't make the class any harder to play.

Hunters, Rogues, Afflocks and Mages all have higher skill caps than a DK (though, of course not in that order :P)

Warriors are just as simple if not more so than Death Knights, but they are highly gear dependent, so unless you are a very dedicated individual I would suggest playing the DK that you already have versus leveling a brand new toon.

If the thought of melee is unpleasant to you, then you can try a Destro lock, those are pretty straightforward too (again, just because Conflag burst was nerfed in 3.3 doesn't make the actual class harder - just less OP)

Quote Originally Posted by Proletariat

Warriors are just as simple if not more so than Death Knights, but they are highly gear dependent, so unless you are a very dedicated individual I would suggest playing the DK that you already have versus leveling a brand new toon.

What? DK damage is pretty pathetic right now. No matter what gear you have.

I suggest going warrior and lolstorm to gladiator.
    specs

Intel Core i5-760@4.0GHz
    CM Hyper 212 cpu cooler
    GIGABYTE GA-P55A-UD3
    Nvidia GTX 460
    4GB DDR3 1600 ram
    CM Storm Scout case

Quote Originally Posted by lolpwnzers
    ok i honestly made an account after 2 years of visiting this site to comment.
    you are obviously new to arena, and i have to be honest since your probably under 1.5k rating
    DK's ROFLSTOMP.
    the pure fact that with experiance in arena you dont know that is why i think your rating is so low.
    dk's can put amazing pressure on all casters, dps or heals.
    warriors not so much since bladestorm can rip any class apart minus pally bubble.
    Even against enh shammys and rogues, Dk's hold there own really well even thought they arent completely faceroll like back in s5.
    to sum up, dont waste your time rerolling, just l2dk.
    my eyes are bleeding
    lrn2spell omg

Thx for all the reply. So my decision is between warrior and lock.

Quote Originally Posted by Proletariat
    Of the pures, the easiest for you to play is probably Death Knight. Some of the above posters are mixing up difficulty of class with how well the class is performing. Just because DK representation has gone significantly down over the patches doesn't mean the class has gotten any harder; doing damage as DK is still relatively easy in comparison to what other classes have to go through in PvP. Disease cleansers are annoying, and they certainly contribute to less damage done overall, but it doesn't make the class any harder to play.

Hunters, Rogues, Afflocks and Mages all have higher skill caps than a DK (though, of course not in that order :P)

That's just bullshit. I play rogue and a DK, and I just got to say that it's MUCH harder to kill people with my DK nowadays. S5 faceroll days are over, you really have to time everything well to get a kill with a DK.. And Death Knights are as gear dependent as DK:s, trust me.

When I'm playing my priest, DK:s are the easiest melee class to survive against. By FAR.

Quote Originally Posted by Daelos
    That's just bullshit. I play rogue and a DK, and I just got to say that it's MUCH harder to kill people with my DK nowadays. S5 faceroll days are over, you really have to time everything well to get a kill with a DK.. And Death Knights are as gear dependent as DK:s, trust me.

When I'm playing my priest, DK:s are the easiest melee class to survive against. By FAR.
    Grats on being one of the posters I mentioned who completely doesn't missed the point of what I'm talking about. I'm not talking about how much damage DKs do; right now their direct output sucks, and their dependency on diseases to be up for all their strikes is a very limiting factor against 3 out of 4 healers. I know DK damage sucks. That doesn't make their playstyle any harder.

mage

Go for warri, dk = rofl right now, i play my own as dualwield, because everytime i hit scourge strike i cant stop laughing.

If you're a good player, Hunter or Mage.

If you're a mediocre player, rogue

If you suck, Warlock.

Quote Originally Posted by Tunak
    If you're a good player, Hunter
    Rofl.
    http://ask-a-ret.blogspot.com/ - Best paladin blog EU no jk.

Quote Originally Posted by myrkyr
    Nerd rage moar!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Raiss
    He probably tried to kill a resto druid at WSG, got cycloned and started a new thread complaning how ret paladins are bad for pvp.

Quote Originally Posted by Tunak
    If you're a good player, Hunter or Mage.

If you're a mediocre player, rogue

If you suck, Warlock.
    lol
    I was trying out the dk but it was a pain against healer and Mage. Just hit 80 on my lock and is very fun on bg as affliction. Going to gear up to start arena soon. Thx alot for all the reply

Arcane Mage for burst/Frost mage to survive longer and it does some decent dmg. :-*
    http://www.sassygoatmilksoap.com/

Make sure once your on to listen a bit for the song!