Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Farm Battered Hilt on Marwyn/Falric trash?

I was in a fail random HoR group earlier when I realized that wiping on Falric / Marwyn after clearing the mob waves might be a good way to farm for the hilt, since Armory claims it drops from the ghosts in that encounter. I'm sure some people would gladly pay the repair bills to farm indefinitely.

Can anyone think of a reason it wouldn't work?

Re: Farm Battered Hilt on Marwyn/Falric trash?

I dont think it drops from Halls, Atleast ive never heard of anyone getting it from there, Maybe im wrong.

Anyway you really think whiping and then doing 5 waves of mobs is the fastest way?

Pit of saron, Go in kill everything up to first boss, go out , reset instance ???? win

Youd probly get allot more mobs per minn then by dying in halls ;P...

Maybe not the fastest, but you won't get saved to the instance since no bosses are killed, so you won't hit the 5 instance limit. Unless I'm wrong and you get saved when the encounter begins -- haven't checked.

Just asking around in trade people are claiming to have seen the hilt drop in HoR on patch day, so take that as you will.

I understand that trash mobs in the new instances had an obscenely high drop chance and loot table upon release.

Lots of BoE epics and Hilts were dropping for people on the first day of 3.3.

Apparently it wasn't supposed to be that way or at least wasn't supposed to be that way for very long because Blizzard hotfixed it by the next day.

There are no (or only few) reported drops from Halls because there are far less mobs to loot it from.
    Samin
    Quote Originally Posted by Ashrana View Post
    So, what would be your reaction, if you found out, that come cata release first patch, blizzard were planning to kill everyone by sending a bear through the mail?

I got my Battered Hilt from one of the first waves of HoR, but it was indeed the first day, so things may have changed by now.

Anyway it can be a possibility if you really want to spend time and gold in it.

(Maybe using an unequip macro you would be able to take off all of your equip before the wave, but you surely must be quick cause the time non in combat is really short, if not inexhistant :P).

I have seen it drop from trash here, so i confirm that the hilt is a drop from the ghosts.

Quote Originally Posted by Panoramixe View Post
    Internet explorer, burn it.

Psst do you want to solo a hilt in your own time? Don't tell anyone especially blizzard who will fix this fast.

Get something that can drop aggro (Night elf, rogue, hunter) and go to pit of saron, skip the first two mobs, CC the big caster and aoe down the skellys out of aggro range, feign death or w/e and loot the 6 skellys. Each 8k hp skelly has the same drop table as a 100k+ hp mob. There are 6 groups, kill them all, run out and reset and repeat. Worked for me on the 7th reset.

I tell you this now because it doesn't really matter, the skellys clearly shouldn't drop normal loot and will be hotfixed soonish anyway. Might as well farm it while you can.
    'u get constant hit by ice shit from roof so you can travel instantly all across the room'

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by talrob
    Psst do you want to solo a hilt in your own time? Don't tell anyone especially blizzard who will fix this fast.

Get something that can drop aggro (Night elf, rogue, hunter) and go to pit of saron, skip the first two mobs, CC the big caster and aoe down the skellys out of aggro range, feign death or w/e and loot the 6 skellys. Each 8k hp skelly has the same drop table as a 100k+ hp mob. There are 6 groups, kill them all, run out and reset and repeat. Worked for me on the 7th reset.

I tell you this now because it doesn't really matter, the skellys clearly shouldn't drop normal loot and will be hotfixed soonish anyway. Might as well farm it while you can.
    WTB aggro reset.

Rly sucks being a warlock for stuff like that, I should totally be able to let my pet take it while I lay on the ground like a vegetable.

Still srsly I've used DC in ZA to farm mojo but with the pit I don't think I can find a spot that'll force mobs to reset.
    Facilis Descensus Averno

Currently doing this as a protection warrior, can quite easily solo the elite caster aswell with spell reflect and lots of stuns/interrupts. The shadowbolts usually are reflected for 10.5-14k dmg, but i've seen crits for over 40k

Quote Originally Posted by Tech11
    I dont think it drops from Halls, Atleast ive never heard of anyone getting it from there, Maybe im wrong.

Anyway you really think whiping and then doing 5 waves of mobs is the fastest way?

Pit of saron, Go in kill everything up to first boss, go out , reset instance ???? win

Youd probly get allot more mobs per minn then by dying in halls ;P...

Yes it does. I've got my Hilt from the exact same fight in the first day the patch was out.

Funny thing is I saw 3 Battered Hilts drop in the very same heroic PoS run the first run I did with my guildies. At that time I was surprised by the high droprate, but after not seeing it again for some time I believe we were just exceptionally lucky.

10+ Year Old Account

Totally going to be solo farming the pit now on my rogue.
    We are WARRIORS man! If we can't make it bleed, we will sure as hell dent the f%^ck out of it!

On day 1 I saw 2 hilts drop, none since. First one was won by a lock who then said "cool, what's this for?"
    I died a little inside.

damn, if only those big mobs weren't undead :'(
    Quote Originally Posted by Nawramsti
    Mages are fine wtf are you talking about.
    Frost for PvP Arcane for LOLPVP and Fire for...... for.....for.......one sec will get back to you.

Quote Originally Posted by afkalmighty
    damn, if only those big mobs weren't undead :'(
    I can sleep them which I cant do on normal undead but I guess you mean sheep?
    'u get constant hit by ice shit from roof so you can travel instantly all across the room'

I can sleep them which I cant do on normal undead but I guess you mean sheep?
    yep, but NP I just realized that I could solo them with my prot warrior :P
    Frost for PvP Arcane for LOLPVP and Fire for...... for.....for.......one sec will get back to you.

Quote Originally Posted by afkalmighty
    yep, but NP I just realized that I could solo them with my prot warrior :P
    Only just realized i can solo them with my disc priest shackle 1 mob, out-heal the other, AoE 2 skellie groups, loot, run out, reset, repeat. Tons of gold, cloth and pots, no hilt so far

darn, getting close to 2hours of farming and no sign of any hilts droping

Edit: thats it, I'm calling it a day. hopefully they won't hotfix it before I retry tomorrow >