Thread: WTF?

10+ Year Old Account

WTF?

Well. When 3.2.2a was. i was doing bout 6500 dps on my shaman

Suddenly 3.3 comes and my dps goes down to 4700

Any tips?

http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sh...don&n=Shalaman

<Moderator Edit: Post sensible post titles or I will ban you for stupidity>
    Ex-Ensidia & Clarity-Twisting Nether member.

15+ Year Old Account

Re: WTF?

idk, are you doing the usual rotation? I believe the glyph of totem of wrath is now better than the LvB one since they nerfed 4pc t9 (that would be one reason for a dps drop)

Deleted

You're at 21.03% hit.
    With 17% being the cap.
    That's 4.03% or 105 hit rating above the hard cap and 184 rating above the soft-cap.
    Another thing is:
    Your cloak, waist and boots suck BIG TIME. Seeing from your gems you should already know that haste is better than crit. And it's common knowledge that Elementals don't care for mana, so mp5 is mostly a wasted stat.
    Change these ASAP, anything with haste/SP is better.
    Other than that you seem to know what to do, in terms of gemming and enchanting.

What could have changed:
    Bad luck on boss fights? Do you compare fights like Jaraxxus with let's say Marrowgar, where you might have to move or have been spiked a lot?
    Did you miss some buffs? Thinking of 13% spell damage debuff....
    Well, that's about all... when you did 6.5k DPS before the patch, than you should be doing more now. (seeing as EM got buffed)

10+ Year Old Account

Hit rating comes with the gear, so its VERY hard to replace T_T

And im not very lucky on drops, Finally when an item drops it either goes to somebody who doesnt need/deserve or a ninja

Rotations:

FS-LvB-CL-5xLB-LvB-5xLB repeat ( Using FS when it goes out )

or

FS-LvB-5xLB repeat ( without FS.. only when it goes out )

On encounters i didnt move alot, On marrowgar i only got boned once or twice

And on jaraxxus i only switched target once ( cba lol )

Im popping evrey possible cooldown i got when they off

I agree, hit is coming thick and fast on Ele gear so I'll give you credit on that. I dunno what you're doing wrong TBH, with Elemental as my offspec I'm actually doing a fair bit more DPS with the patch than I was before (but our Raid setup has changed aswell). There's 2 new mechanics to look out for aswell. Although not very important to a Shaman (shares a GCD) fire Nova Totem should be keybinded (I have it on Alt + Q) so that on those moments when you do have to move you can use it at the click of a button. As a result of that, I'd also suggest putting your totems closer to the boss and if you have a Demo (that's a Lock, lol!), place Searing Totem for that added effect. S

Secondly, LvB got a change and it's a DoT aswell as doing the same (if not more with new gear) dmg so that should naturally increase your DPS.

Like someone said above, the new Raid means new mechanics. Maybe moving, switching targets, standing further away or what not is having that slight affect on your DPS. Until people start hitting the tier gear and you've compared and analysed your DPS on a boss on different weeks you can't really reflect on it yet. Ele's looking like it's in a strong place atm, compared to what is has been anyway. It's a bit early to start worrying about your DPS
    Signature size violated forum rules.

Quote Originally Posted by Ushra
    I agree, hit is coming thick and fast on Ele gear so I'll give you credit on that. I dunno what you're doing wrong TBH, with Elemental as my offspec I'm actually doing a fair bit more DPS with the patch than I was before (but our Raid setup has changed aswell). There's 2 new mechanics to look out for aswell. Although not very important to a Shaman (shares a GCD) fire Nova Totem should be keybinded (I have it on Alt + Q) so that on those moments when you do have to move you can use it at the click of a button. As a result of that, I'd also suggest putting your totems closer to the boss and if you have a Demo (that's a Lock, lol!), place Searing Totem for that added effect. S

Secondly, LvB got a change and it's a DoT aswell as doing the same (if not more with new gear) dmg so that should naturally increase your DPS.

Like someone said above, the new Raid means new mechanics. Maybe moving, switching targets, standing further away or what not is having that slight affect on your DPS. Until people start hitting the tier gear and you've compared and analysed your DPS on a boss on different weeks you can't really reflect on it yet. Ele's looking like it's in a strong place atm, compared to what is has been anyway. It's a bit early to start worrying about your DPS
    um...
    I can agree with put a searing if a demo and possibly fire novaing when on the move if your totem is within range of the boss (if not it would be a waste) but the 4pc set bonus change to t9 was a straight kick in the nuts of ele shammys by blizz right along with poor itemazation i personally saw a huge decrease in dps my lvbs went from 15-18k to 9-13k with a 1k dot... weak

In response to the OP i would say a combo between 4pc set bonus change and group composition are the only things i have heard of, i have heard of adding CL after Lvb but i havent seen that much evidence behind it so

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by Ushra
    I was referring to t10, read my post properly next time.
    He is right though, Lava Burst is not a DoT and the 4pc T9 was nerfed. 4pc T10 has nothing to do with OP's problem. Aaaaand 4pc T10 does not have a DoT on LvB.
    Tbh I totally forgot about that nerf >_>
    So yeah, the damage of LvB has been nerfed and thereby our DPS, but it's just a marginal loss... maybe 100-200 DPS, if at all.
    Still can't see a reason why the OP should have lost 1800 DPS.
    Well, like I said above - test it on fights where you still have the numbers from before 3.3 with the same amount of buffs and THAN we can see wether you've lost a huge chunk of DPS or not.

10+ Year Old Account

The subject of this thread was very informative.

10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by KhameleonN
    The subject of this thread was very informative.
    it giefs attention

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by Shalaman
    it giefs attention
    No it gets a lock and a warning to the OP not to post messages like that again or face a ban for stupidity.