Jack of All Trades - Altitis

I have altitis, and at times, it sucks.

Figuring out my professions is the big cause of that. I don't really intend to have all of my characters be jewelcrafting/blacksmithing because I feel I'll lack flexibility overall.
    I rejoined the game, with a new account after Burning Crusade came out. After a couple of years now I have many characters.

80 Mage - Engineering and Skinning
    Engineering because it was fun in the early game but now with the exception of the occasional repair bot, little use. Skinning is a recent acquisition for the critical strike bonus.

80 Warrior - Engineering and Mining
    As one of the earliest characters I leveled, I was dual gathering. At the end of BC I switched to Engineering to get the goggles so I could try to start tanking Kara but there is nothing like that in Wrath for engineering. I intend to keep mining because of the bonus to health. Exclusively a tank at the moment

80 Shaman - Jewelcrafting and Blacksmithing
    Until recently just jewelcrafting and mining, the health bonus did nothing for me, so the min/max ability held some appeal

80 Death Knight - Blacksmithing and Mining
    I didn't have a high level blacksmith, so it made sense to go in and do that on my death knight at the start of Wrath. Mining the natural compliment of course. Dual spec, and I DPS more often, so the mining doesn't hold as much appeal as it does on my warrior. It would be easier to keep this way for when I need it, however jewelcrafting holds alot of appeal here.

80 Rogue - Leatherworking and Skinning
    A natural combination that made sense at the time. My PvP character of choice when the mood strikes me, so I'm leaning towards dropping leatherworking and switching to Engineering.

A handful of characters not quite 80 yet, but a short jump away
    Priest - Tailoring and Enchanting
    A solid combination I'm happy with

Hunter - Leatherworking and Skinning
    I had more than one of these probably because I didn't realize that the different specializations of leatherworking don't mean jack after Vanilla. However, will probably become my main leatherworker if I drop it on my rogue

Paladin - Blacksmithing and Skinning
    I don't really know where I'm going with this character in the end game, so its hard to say. Tanking seems to be an inevitability. So I'm not sure how well my professions match that. Blacksmithing seems alright, if redundant by now.

And few lower levels that will get there eventually
    Druid - Alchemy and Herbalism
    Just another natural compliment of professions thats nice to have - I'm satisfied with these professions

Warlock - Inscription and Engineering
    Another engineering seems fun decision, but just doesn't have the utility I need now or apparently later. And I want one of everything so the inscription here makes sense.

So my question, basically, is what do I do with my professions.
    Engineering, as quirky and fun as it is, do I keep it on all the characters that have it? I just feel like I never use it enough. Should I get it for my rogue to PvP with and if I do drop them, what else should I get?

Any perspectives would be appreciated, although especially from those with altitis.

Re: Jack of All Trades - Altitis

I think when rated BG's come out their will be a massive surge of engineers. Boots and bombs. Or you can do what I do. Sit in dal on one of my toons and look at trade "LF BS for X item my mats + tip" or somthing like that. Another easy way to make gold.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sigma6987

IT WAS UP HILL BOTH WAYS IN FREEZING FROST SHOCKS AND VIOLENT 2HAND WINDFURY CRITS WHILE BEING REPEATEDLY AMBUSHED, BACKSTABBED, AND SAPPED THE WHOLE WAY! AND WE DIDN'T COMPLAIN! ([size=6pt]we did.[/size]) WE LIKED IT!