Blademaster
    10+ Year Old Account

Mutilate and Mongoose

Just curious as to if there is a certain point where the Haste and Agility from Mongoose overtake the raw AP from Zerking. If so would love to know what that point is, here is my armory: http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...thol&n=Powpwnr Not the best gear i know :\

Re: Mutilate and Mongoose

Surely the first thing you should worry about is your spec? not having Opportunity in the Subtlety tree seems like a huge oversight (i'm not an expert in rogues) but 20% more mutilate damage?

Edit: and glyph of sinister strike?

on topic though, i have no idea about your mongoose / zerking query, i apologise

Blademaster
    10+ Year Old Account

Just changed over from Combat, didnt really see a third Mut glyph i liked and wasn't sure i was going to stay Mut so i didnt change that glyph and as far as i have read this is the optimal spec for Mut, Haste plays a larger role than it used to considering melee and poisons are around 60-65% of total dmg where as Mutilate is much lower i would say the haste is more beneficial

His is correct tho the ss glyph should be replaced with TotT.
    As for the goose question, it's a very weird situation. The best advise anyone can tell you is see which works out better with your current gear in the speardsheet.

Well like i said, i didn't really know, just seemed more beneficial than the 2 points in relentless strikes

The spec is correct and mut 3rd glyph is almost irrevelent you can either get trick of the trade or fan of knives. I belive the diminishing return of it being lvl 70 enchant must also impact on the speed increase but i could be wrong. The problem here is that agility is currently not that good for Mutilate because of the crit cap most of us are hitting in raid and the AP from berserker is very high.

Quote Originally Posted by Netherling
    Well like i said, i didn't really know, just seemed more beneficial than the 2 points in relentless strikes
    Nah more combo point returned = more evenom = more poison procs = much more dps then mut ever does.

Well there ya go, learn somethin' new every day

http://elitistjerks.com/f78/t54257-3...ed_12_12_09_a/

answered alot of my questions for me.

as for the mongoose, i would thing 400 ap is better, reason being there is alot of icc gear that has haste already on them. but then again i would take it to a spreed sheet to be positive

Blademaster
    10+ Year Old Account

Well that's just the thing, Mongoose procs a % haste not rating so wouldn't there be a point where you have enough haste that the mongoose haste % proc would overtake the AP from zerking?

Also just noticed the other Mut Zerking vs Mongoose thread a little lower, sry for spam thread, but doesnt look like it was fully answered there either.

Pandaren Monk
    10+ Year Old Account

my guess is around 10k AP unbuffed. at this point its less then 4% attack power vs about 1.5% crit and 2% haste.

Mongoose does not outscale berserking yet. There may be a point in some BiS configurations come hardmodes where it does, but it is simply impossible to tell without using the spreadsheets.

Quote Originally Posted by Javanface
    Mongoose does not outscale berserking yet. There may be a point in some BiS configurations come hardmodes where it does, but it is simply impossible to tell without using the spreadsheets.
    /Sign

Really, the easiest thing to do is to consult a spreadsheet. In almost all cases, Berserking will be better, but in some extremely odd situations, it might happen that Mongoose turns out superior.

So yeah, if you want to be absolutely sure, then ask the spreadsheet.

Quote Originally Posted by Voij
    /Sign

Really, the easiest thing to do is to consult a spreadsheet. In almost all cases, Berserking will be better, but in some extremely odd situations, it might happen that Mongoose turns out superior.

So yeah, if you want to be absolutely sure, then ask the spreadsheet.
    This. As a reference, mongoose is about 15 EP behind berserking in togc gear for mutilate.

so realistically there is a possibility with the ICC gear that mongoose may be more beneficial than zerking on ur OH.

Yes, it is definitely within the realm of possibility.