Eclipse problem in 3.3

I got a big problem with my eclipse ever since 3.3 released, my addons fail to see it. I had a big fat spam from scroling combat text + a sound notification that i proced eclipse and now it wont work. Its kinda hard to keep track of whats going on douring a raid fight and keep watching my buffs to see if i have eclipse or not... I asked a few moonkins if they have the same problem and no one i know have an addon that works with eclipse atm.

Any suggestions?
    Former BOOMkin bad ass...

Deleted

Re: Eclipse problem in 3.3

use Power Auras, works for anything

Power auras as Mushrøømz suggested, or ForteXorcist.

Squawk and Awe
    Also eclipse module for quartz

I tried all of these mods. They all work but just weren't my style. If you feel the same try Class timers + Class timer Eclipse

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Sysunia
    I got a big problem with my eclipse ever since 3.3 released, my addons fail to see it. I had a big fat spam from scroling combat text + a sound notification that i proced eclipse and now it wont work. Its kinda hard to keep track of whats going on douring a raid fight and keep watching my buffs to see if i have eclipse or not... I asked a few moonkins if they have the same problem and no one i know have an addon that works with eclipse atm.

Any suggestions?
    Most addons work if you have updated them since 3.3. Squawk and Awe works again.
    Sunfyre | @FoGSunfyre

Scrolling combat text still reports Eclipse procs for me. The buff animation itself also helps.

Deleted

Im going to support Power Aura's. If you want, you can have a picture of your mother show, alongside with her screaming the words "DO THE DISHES!". There are really very few limits, and you can set it up in any way you want.

But i do feel with you regarding being used to one addon over the other. When SSA broke, i had a very hard time to get used to ClassTimers Eclipse mod, and i still don't like to use it very much.

Blizz broke a lot of addons for Moonkins by removing the aura announcement from the combat logs. Most dedicated kin tracking addons have fixed the problem by now where as other (for all general classes) are slower on the fix.

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by Qieth
    But i do feel with you regarding being used to one addon over the other. When SSA broke, i had a very hard time to get used to ClassTimers Eclipse mod, and i still don't like to use it very much.
    Which is why i implemented the first SSA bug fix that was shown on EJ (before the patch hit), and then upgraded to the latest version when it got officially updated. No point in changing my habits when i can keep the same addon.

The problem I had with power aura's is that it didn't show what eclipse you had activated at what time.

There's an easy way to set up power aura's to make it show the seperate forms of eclipse.

1) create a new power aura, which triggers from the Eclipse buff.
    2) in the third entry box, which has as a criterium ''the tooltip must contain xxxxxyyyxxxx'', type Wrath.
    3) give this one a nice aura you like to have for your solar eclipse, et voila.
    4) Do the same for your lunar eclipse, but then with the tooltip criterium set to Starfire.

Enjoy.

Deleted

I have always had Power Aura's set up to show some runic half circle around my character. But after SSA was broken momentarily, i found that you can set more than one effect per buff. So i simply made another option for eclipse, and use the "Use own texture" (tip: Remove the glow at the top of the main window to have a pure eclipse icon).

Now just proc eclipse once, so you can see the texture, and place it whereever you want. Now i have both the runic half circle at my character, aswell as an icon below my character with the picture of whatever eclipse is up.

A lot of status addons refer to events that are posted in the Combat Log. Since 3.3, I've been having an issue where my Combat Log fails to generate any events at all (requires me to log in and out to fix it). I noticed this because mods like DBM or Recount stopped doing their job... you might have the same issue.
    “Society is endangered not by the great profligacy of a few, but by the laxity of morals amongst all.”
    “It's not an endlessly expanding list of rights — the 'right' to education, the 'right' to health care, the 'right' to food and housing. That's not freedom, that's dependency. Those aren't rights, those are the rations of slavery — hay and a barn for human cattle.”
    ― Alexis de Tocqueville

15+ Year Old Account

3.3 changed the way a lot of buffs were applied, you may have noticed your eclipse stopped showing up in combat logs too. The addOns caught up pretty quickly though and by now everything has been updated. If you use a specific addOn and cannot live without it, I recommend looking for a forum or page where that addOn is commonly talked about to keep up to date with the progress of the addOn and issues it may have.

10+ Year Old Account

I understand that people love Power Auras, but I've never been a fan.

Up until 3.3 I was using Quartz Eclipse module to keep track of my Eclipse, but it's broken and I've yet to see a fix.

I also use ForteXorcist to track my buffs, is there a way to set it up to let me know when Eclipse procs? I've been eyeballing it since the update, but it's making both my DPS and survivability suffer. :<

my quartz is already working, dont know how, but mirror just started working again

10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by TvPsychø
    my quartz is already working, dont know how, but mirror just started working again
    When did it start working? Mine wasn't working last night. D: