Deathspeaker High Priest

My 10 man guild went to ICC for the first time last night. We killed Marrowgar and moved on to Lady Deathwhisper. We're a fairly (very) melee based raid group, having just one ranged (hunter) and an offspec ele shammy.

Is the only tactic available on the High Priests for most of the melee to stand on the steps and do nothing while the ranged take them down? We did get them down like this, but it seems a bit daft.

Re: Deathspeaker High Priest

Your gonna need more then melee for deathwhisper fight btw, the adds are either 99% immune to magic attacks or 99% immune to melee attacks just a heads up for you m8

I'm not 100% sure about this, so don't take it to heart, but some adds are immune to magic and others physical damage. This means that the adds that are immune to your warrior's damage is also immune to your hunter's damage. However, I do believe that Paladins Crusader Strike, Divine Storm, and Judgement deal holy magic damage along with exorcism and consecration. Death Knights also deal Shadow and Frost damage with their strikes as opposed to physical damage, so yeah, you won't get white damage out of your paladins and death knights, but you can utilize them to (somewhat) make up for your lack of casters.

"God is a comedian playing to an audience too afraid to laugh."
    -Voltaire

15+ Year Old Account

We used:

Prot Pala tanking all the adds while our Prot War (Me) and Feral Druid stayed on boss the whole time. DPS simply split between nuking boss and nuking adds as appropriate. (Ranged on Melee and make sure the mobs get dispelled and/or Spellsteal'd by any Mages. And Melee on the casters.)

Can't remember our exact setup although we use 2 healers and next time will be one tank. We only had the 2 and dived right in not knowing what to expect initially..

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by det
    Guys...reading helps - as does doing the actual fights before you post ;D

The High priests are the two adds before the Boss, in the corners. They mark a player and that player needs to run away or he drains life from nearby players, healing the mob. So melee can fight them, pay attention to DBM and move quickly when marked.

The mobs you folks keep mentioning are Adherents and Fanatics in the actual boss fight.

Different issues.
    idd, just like general vezax in ulduar.

With all our melee in range, taking 3-5k damage every 2 seconds from their aura, that's 12k HPS needed without any other attacks. Easier just to stand out and let the 2 ranged and the tank do it slowly.

The two side adds are simple. They do an aura that ticks on everyone, but this isn't the issue. The problem is that the priests put a "bomb" like debuff on a random melee. If a melee gets this, they have to get about 15-20 yards away from the raid and explode. The explosion deals damage to surrounding friendlies, but not the original debuffed player.

Long story short, if they get the debuff, run out of the raid.

Quote Originally Posted by Jester_Joker
    However, I do believe that Paladins Crusader Strike, Divine Storm, and Judgement deal holy magic damage along with exorcism and consecration.

Quote Originally Posted by Alexio
    My 10 man guild went to ICC for the first time last night. We killed Marrowgar and moved on to Lady Deathwhisper. We're a fairly (very) melee based raid group, having just one ranged (hunter) and an offspec ele shammy.

Is the only tactic available on the High Priests for most of the melee to stand on the steps and do nothing while the ranged take them down? We did get them down like this, but it seems a bit daft.

You can have all dps on this trash mob. If your healers can't deal with it they shouldn't be in ICC. These mobs are a complete joke on 10 man, and on 25 man they still aren't that bad. However the boss is quite a bit harder on 25 man.

The tactic is nuke nuke nuke, if you get the debuff GTFO because it's an AoE. Much like mana detonation or anything of the like, it targets pets too so be aware of your pets (Hunters, DKs, Frost mages(lolwut), and warlocks).
    Quote Originally Posted by Bubbleguy
    Hi, my druid is currently lvl 75 and i'm going for resto at lvl 80, so my question is, what is the most used resto healing rotation?.

Quote Originally Posted by Craz
    You can have all dps on this trash mob. If your healers can't deal with it they shouldn't be in ICC. These mobs are a complete joke on 10 man, and on 25 man they still aren't that bad. However the boss is quite a bit harder on 25 man.
    Sorry, maybe we should get out of YOUR instance?

Also, they currently mark pets so it's better to just dismiss pets for these for now.