Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast

Re: What will you buy first with your Emblems of Frost?

Quote Originally Posted by Veno
    Will the haste trinket still be the most beneficial if you're combat? I know it's almost BiS for mutilate and combat doesn't benefit THAT much from haste.

Combat would benefit more from Deathbringer trinket + Twins trink, or maybe others... if that's the case what would be the best piece to get for Combat? Tier?
    I've been wondering the same thing.

thinking trinket. not too sure.

but most likely t10 shoulders

i really need to get out of my shitting gear so if i can get enough im saving for the T10 shoulders.

Will the haste trinket still be the most beneficial if you're combat? I know it's almost BiS for mutilate and combat doesn't benefit THAT much from haste.

Combat would benefit more from Deathbringer trinket + Twins trink, or maybe others... if that's the case what would be the best piece to get for Combat? Tier?
    Before I post my EP-values according to my spreadsheet, I first want to point out the following things about my gear:
    a) I'm a little bit below Softcap in my Combat-Gear, using Grim Toll, still waiting for the Scorpion in Forge to drop.
    b) I'm using a lot of my gear for both, Mutilate and Combat. (That's also why I'm close to softcap and not to hardcap anymore.) Mainreason is, that socketing AP/Haste as Combat is not that bad, as you'll see in a moment, as socketing ArP is for Mutilate.
    c) I'm still at a theoretical 9,8k dps according to my spreadsheet, here's my armory: http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sh...r=Ysera&n=Voij

Now, with all that I've stated above, my spreadsheet tells me the following:

Agility 2,006
    Crit 1,833
    White Hit 1,924
    Spell Hit 2,745
    Expertise 2,242
    Haste 1,937
    ArPen 2,106

So yeah, when using both Mutilate and Combat and sharing [some] gear, using AP/Haste is actually quite a good combination and that trinket is, in fact, incredibly strong.

Was hoping for the trinket but seen as Blizzard insists your tier set must cost 500 badges in addition to 25man tokens I'll probably have to go for those first.

Really Blizzard thats awesome. It's not enough to raid 25mans and win the token from final boss of each wing, now you need to do your daily heroic (yawn) and 10man ICC every week to get 1 tier piece a month.

Honestly what the f---?

Quote Originally Posted by JackBauerLOL
    Was hoping for the trinket but seen as Blizzard insists your tier set must cost 500 badges in addition to 25man tokens I'll probably have to go for those first.

Really Blizzard thats awesome. It's not enough to raid 25mans and win the token from final boss of each wing, now you need to do your daily heroic (yawn) and 10man ICC every week to get 1 tier piece a month.

Honestly what the f---?
    60+60+95+95+95 = 500? Wow... math sure has changed.

Anyways, if I remember correctly, than you're playing a Rogue aswell. Seeing as you're a Rogue, you're not gonna wear 5 T10-pieces anyways... EVER. At least you shouldn't. [Seeing as 2 pieces have ArP, you're either gonna have 3 offpieces with ArP as Combat, 1 offpiece with ArP as Combat, 2-3 offpieces without ArP as Mut[other 2-3 are setpieces without ArP] or 1 offpiece without ArP and 1 setpiece with ArP as Mut.]

So yeah, you're gonna need 345 emblems at most for your T10.

You're starting with:
    6 emblems for clearing the 3 new 5-man instances.[2 per instance, gotten via Quest]
    Additionally, you get, per week:
    14 emblems daily-random-heroic
    5 emblems weekly-raid-quest
    2 emblems per Boss in ICC 25
    2 emblems per Boss in ICC 10

That means you're gonna have, if you don't spend any:
    after week
    1: 41
    2: 76
    3: 111
    4: 146
    5: [3 new bosses] 193
    6: 240

That's after 6 weeks, once every boss is available, including Lich King and new VoA-Boss, you're gonna get 71-73 emblems per week, depending on the amount dropped by the new VoA boss. (14 + 5 + 24 + 24 + 4/6)

So yeah, it's gonna take a bit of time to gear up, but that's intended.

Quote Originally Posted by Voij
    b) I'm using a lot of my gear for both, Mutilate and Combat. (That's also why I'm close to softcap and not to hardcap anymore.) Mainreason is, that socketing AP/Haste as Combat is not that bad, as you'll see in a moment, as socketing ArP is for Mutilate.
    Bleh, I'm really not interested in whats best for both specs. I'm focusing around combat since it's the spec I love and I bring Savage Combat to the raid. I think although the trinket is good for Combat, it's definitely not optimal. Better off getting the Head/Chest/Belt for the ArP. I'm pretty sure with full ICC ArP Leather/Deathbringer trinket you'd be able to hardcap ArP w/o any trinket procs and the EoF haste trinket wouldn't really contribute to that goal.

Bleh, I'm really not interested in whats best for both specs. I'm focusing around combat since it's the spec I love and I bring Savage Combat to the raid. I think although the trinket is good for Combat, it's definitely not optimal. Better off getting the Head/Chest/Belt for the ArP. I'm pretty sure with full ICC ArP Leather/Deathbringer trinket you'd be able to hardcap ArP w/o any trinket procs and the EoF haste trinket wouldn't really contribute to that goal.
    What about the fact that with 20/51/0 you go for attack power and AP/haste yellow gems? Haste becomes VERY good for combat with the new DP poison change, and even though it isn't as prioritized as mutilate, it is still very nice now.

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Detheroc&n=Smacklepuff

The cape is technically an up, but I don't think I'd get it, and the Idol is technically an up, but its barely an up, so looks like t10 for me.

Does anyone know which set pieces the new VoA guy will drop? If you bought those pieces last, you could potentially save a lot of emblems.

Primordial Saronite.

I would soooo love the haste trinket.. but my guild doesnt allow alts into raids (my main is a resto druid) and i'm about 43 emblems short ;(

Hardcap + DW = wasted 1/3 of the proc

A part of Tier 10, not know what one, but think head :P

I'm still unsure. I currently use Death's Choice and Needle Encrusted Scorpion. Replacing DC with HWT increases my DPS by 78.4; replacing NES with HWT increases DPS by 163.3. This is with ArP gems and a few AP/Haste gems with me being pretty close to the ArP soft cap for NES.

Makes me wonder whether it's worth gemming AP instead for combat as my spreadsheet tells me it's a DPS increase.

Quote Originally Posted by Voij
    Hardcap + DW = wasted 1/3 of the proc
    RNG, the proc can be more then just ArP.

RNG, the proc can be more then just ArP.
    Wait... wait... what the hell?

You're basically stating that, if one would be at hardcap and using Deathbringers Will, then, if DW would only grant ArP on Proc, then one third of the proc would be wasted... yeah, not really, ALL of it is wasted.

Anyways, yeah, there are 6 procs bound to the trinket, Haste, Crit, ArP, Agility, Attackpower and Strength. Of those 6, a total of 3 can occur for Rogues: AP, Agility and ArP.

Now, when hardcapped, every additional point of ArP is worth exactly 0 DPS. Every additional point of ArP is fully, completely, in its entirety wasted.

So... yes, you're right, the proc is RNG. It can only be one of the 3, AP, Agility and ArP for us. And being hardcapped on ArP, AP and Agility still find a use, just any more ArP won't.
    That means 1 out of the 3 possible procs will bring you 0 dps, so, in general and/or over an infinite amount of time, 1/3rd of the trinket's proc will be wasted, since that's all the times that ArP procced.

Now point out to me where I my previous statement was wrong and prove it, thanks.

I'll be holding off until I can buy helm and shoulders.

Most likely I'll be saving them until I can get both the gloves and the legs (41 atm so a few more to go...). The trinket sure is tempting and thigns may well change depending what drops/I can get. However currently thsoe 2 will replace my beloved T8 gloves/legs. These also have no ArP on them so suit me as mutialte quite nicely, presuming I'm not going to be switching to Combat as they will gain more from the various gear that drops.

Right...was just browsing through page 1, and all I see is utter drivel.

The first things that should be on anyone's Emblem of Frost shopping list are the entry T10 pieces, as without them, you cannot upgrade to the 25 or the 25 heroic versions of the tier pieces.

The way it works is you buy the entry tier piece, and the only way you can upgrade that tier piece is by picking up a token from ICC 25, and in turn, that item can only be upgraded with a ICC 25 hc token.

So, to be able to upgrade your T10 set, you will have to buy all entry T10 pieces. All of them. You simply cannot rely on VoA drops.
    Then, you can/should look at the other items, which may well be obsolete by equivilant raid loot that has dropped.

Anyway, GL to all spending their emblems on anything other than T10 armor pieces while I focus on items who's stats scale with raid buffs.