Need to improve Moonkin Dps

Hello, its been over two months since I last played Wow, and need to get back up there in the dps charts. I can pull 3.5k if I'm lucky, I know my rotation. I'm curious as to what Tier pieces are needed to be grouped togeather for best preformance such as 2t8 and 2t9 or all t9. :P Anyways, here is my armory, any constructive criticism is welcome. I really just want to boost my dps and not feel so useless on the charts. ^^ http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...uard&n=Indelsa

Re: Need to improve Moonkin Dps

Easy answer - Better gear

Helpful answer - After reaching the Hit Cap go SP > Haste > Crit

Get those gloves enchanted with Spell Power too, you don't have the helm enchant either. Also, try to avoid reaching the hit cap with +20 Hit gems. I tend to facepalm at people using those. Try to use green/purple gems if you're struggling to reach the hit cap. For your Dragon Eye gems, definetely use Spell Power. +34 Spell Power is win. You've also got some cheap gems in your chest, replace them.

Pretty much, just spam the random LFG, get shitloads of Triumph badges and gem/enchant your gear properly.

My Moonkin is severely undergeared to raid any current content now (re-rolled DK ages ago) but I had a really helpful Class Leader in an old guild, so I hope I was able to help.

Good luck and Wrath spam!!

As for tier pieces, right now 4pT9 trumps 2pT8/2pT9. So run heroics for badges and try to get those pieces. Looking at your armory, your spec is alright, once you get 2pT9 you'll want 2 points in Improved Moonfire. You are missing a helm and glove enchant, as well as a chest enchant.

The biggest thing wrong in your gear is gems, you need 2 purified dreadstones to make your meta gem activate. Also, gemming for crit is not very effective. You should try to gem for spellpower whenever possible, possible exceptions being if an item has a red socket and a socket of another color with a +7sp bonus, if the offcolor socket it yellow, use a reckless ametrine (12sp/10haste) until you are at about 400 haste, after use potent ametrines. If the offcolor socket is blue, use a purified dreadstone, (12sp/10spi)

You are also a little over hit cap and are safe to drop 2 of your 20hit gems. Hit cap for a tauren druid is 263.

I know this might be silly but due review your rotation.

Moonkins have switched from wrath > lunar rotation to a twisting rotation between lunar and solar.

I had a friend return to his moonkin and only proccing lunar. I had to explain things had changed since he was gone.

You probably already know but just a double check.

I was bored and actually tested the pre-wotlk spam sf and twist wrath for lunar eclipse procs. If you can stack haste, around 1k, you can do approximately the same exact dps by doing the same exact pre-wotlk rotation. I am more interested in how it would work with all the haste coming from gear with ICC coming out. It would be interesting to go back to the old ways of twisting with 1500 haste.

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by weldergirlamg
    Hello, its been over two months since I last played Wow, and need to get back up there in the dps charts. I can pull 3.5k if I'm lucky, I know my rotation. I'm curious as to what Tier pieces are needed to be grouped togeather for best preformance such as 2t8 and 2t9 or all t9. :P Anyways, here is my armory, any constructive criticism is welcome. I really just want to boost my dps and not feel so useless on the charts. ^^ http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...uard&n=Indelsa
    Instead of having people just give you some cookie cutter answer, why don't you look at the Druid Blogroll, look up some Druid blogs (many of which have guides) and do some research? You won't become a great DPSer by having some forum trolls (or even good players on the forums.. who) tell you how to DPS. You become a great DPSer by learning your class, understanding it's mechanics, and mastering them.
    Sunfyre | @FoGSunfyre