Enhancement shaman stats

Hello fellow shamans. I'm new at enhancement and I need some help on which stats i should aim for as i'm a bit unsure of it.

From what i've seen and read it seems that most shamans gear for haste. However I'm still pretty low on crit. Would you suggest that i gem for crit and AP untill i reach around 30% crit before i switch to haste, or should I go for haste right now? I'm at around 25% crit atm and i'm also hit and exp capped.

I'm also a bit unsure of what totem i should get. I'm using totem of electrifying wind atm.

Re: Enhancement shaman stats

gear/gem/enchant for spell hit cap first, and then expertise

after that the safe route is to just stack AP and crit (making sure that you have enough AP that your crits are actually worth something... that is to say i'd put slightly more emphasis on AP, but they're both good).

haste is tricky because it's affected by how much haste you already have... so it's value fluctuates wildly as you gear up. If you want to put in the time with enhsim and min/max with the haste route i'd say go for it (some shamans like it), i personally just go with the AP route because I want to spend more time enjoying the game and less time worrying about numbers.

the AP vs. Haste argument pretty much boils down to: many smaller hits vs. fewer but bigger hits. pick your poison.

In general: +Hit until cap > Expertise until cap > AP ~ Haste > Crit > Agi > ArP

AP vs Haste is mostly a playstyle choice atm, but 3.3 changes and t10 bonuses may push AP ahead of Haste overall.
    Baretta M92 Custom Praiyachat Sword Cutlass Special
    Starcaller Renzokuken, 80 Dwarf Shaman

IF your an engineer, def go into AP over haste. Just put the Haste use on your gloves and that will pretty much be up 50% of the time, keeping your haste at a high point. Stacking attack power is really the way to go, because if you hit for shit, will it really matter if you hit a little faster? Just go for AP and use ur totems for haste, its the easiest way

Thanks for the replies!

Yes, i am a engineer so i'll use the haste enchant on my gloves. So do you actually gem for crit in yellow sockets? I'll use AP in the red ones.

You never gem for crit.

Quote Originally Posted by Renzokuken
    In general: +Hit until cap > Expertise until cap > AP ~ Haste
    This is how you gem.

please please please please.. all enh sham STOP gemming for AP - gem for Agi in place.. gives us 2 to 1 with AP .. and also some crit.. STOP with the ap already

amorpen is bad, don't steal leather from rogues, and we don't top dps charts so if you wanna do that you might wanna roll a mage.

as far as stats go, try to stay around 20 expertise / 450 hit - past then just do haste.. i personaly like to use all my yellow / red slots for a Agi / Haste gem - i'll even put that gem in if i don't a blue gem to make my meta slot

so what did we learn? no armor pen.. unless it's a huge upgrade, but don't take it any other way... don't roll against a rogue for leather ( if you spec right the int on mail gear gives you AP )... and Never gem for just AP... AGI or go home

Quote Originally Posted by bliston78
    please please please please.. all enh sham STOP gemming for AP - gem for Agi in place.. gives us 2 to 1 with AP .. and also some crit.. STOP with the ap already

amorpen is bad, don't steal leather from rogues, and we don't top dps charts so if you wanna do that you might wanna roll a mage.

as far as stats go, try to stay around 20 expertise / 450 hit - past then just do haste.. i personaly like to use all my yellow / red slots for a Agi / Haste gem - i'll even put that gem in if i don't a blue gem to make my meta slot

so what did we learn? no armor pen.. unless it's a huge upgrade, but don't take it any other way... don't roll against a rogue for leather ( if you spec right the int on mail gear gives you AP )... and Never gem for just AP... AGI or go home
    You are gravely mistaken about Agi. AP has and always will scale better with our talents than Agi ever could.

Quote Originally Posted by Shaaman
    Hello fellow shamans. I'm new at enhancement and I need some help on which stats i should aim for as i'm a bit unsure of it.

From what i've seen and read it seems that most shamans gear for haste. However I'm still pretty low on crit. Would you suggest that i gem for crit and AP untill i reach around 30% crit before i switch to haste, or should I go for haste right now? I'm at around 25% crit atm and i'm also hit and exp capped.

I'm also a bit unsure of what totem i should get. I'm using totem of electrifying wind atm.
    Please Please Please read the FAQ. It DOES cover everything you are asking. Nothing you have told us can let us answer the question for you correctly without us doing all the work for you which is not the purpose of the forum. If you don't feel like running a quick SIM then simply gem AP or AP/(crit/haste).