whats the deal with corpse explosion?

why does no one use it? wouldn't it be better tho use in on trash then death coil?? is it really that bad?

i haven't tried it yet. so i was think of making an aoe only spec. is it really a waste of a point?
    | i5 4670k @ 4 Ghz | Saberthooth z87 | 16gb Vengeance RAM @ 1866 Mhz | GTX 760 GPU | Intel 520 SSD | Corsair 600T |

Re: whats the deal with corpse explosion?

People don't spec it because it's useless on bosses and trash isn't important enough to respec for.

ya but with the ability to dual spec why not have a "trash spec" and a "boss spec"
    | i5 4670k @ 4 Ghz | Saberthooth z87 | 16gb Vengeance RAM @ 1866 Mhz | GTX 760 GPU | Intel 520 SSD | Corsair 600T |

10+ Year Old Account

because ppl have other priorities

Quote Originally Posted by ferris
    ya but with the ability to dual spec why not have a "trash spec" and a "boss spec"
    Because boss encounters vary enough that one spec is not always best for every boss, for example I would always want two points in morbidity for anub even though two in necrosis would be a bigger dps increase on single targets.

ok well i see your point there but wouldn't even having corpse explosion for anub be good?(im assuming your getting morbidity for the DnD to kill the adds)

It used to be good back in the diseaseless Blood days, people would pick it up for an AoE boost because Blood has shit AoE.

Now it is a PvP talent only, and even then, only very few people are good enough to use it in PvP consistently well.

i feel like i need to be redone. blizz always talks about wanting ever thing in the talent trees to be useful... it seems like no one likes this talent

Corpse Explosion is only good for removing Icehowls dead carcass from the middle of the room...

CE was SO fun at Thorim arena tanking.

And how do you got a trash spec as 2nd spec? I have to respec ten trillion times a day because 2 specs are not enough!

give us octa spec!

btt, it is less dmg then DC at, what was it?, less than 4 mobs?

those 4 adds at anub die in short time for each other, at the point when the first add dies, there is no reason to use 40 RP for crap dmg, if you could nuke anub himself.

It is fine how it is, the problem with it not being taken in PvE is Unholy bloat.

In PvP however, I wish they would make it apply a 1.5-3 second debuff to your Ghoul that makes it explode afterwards. That way, your ghoul doesn't stand there for 1.5 seconds casting a PBAoE with a 1 yd radius, that shit is way too hard to hit people with, with a bit of lag, they can move out of range of your ghoul even when you cast it immediately after Ghoul Stun, plus, it requires that both YOU and your GHOUL not be on Global cooldown, way too hard to use.

ok well i see your point there but wouldn't even having corpse explosion for anub be good?(im assuming your getting morbidity for the DnD to kill the adds)
    Corpse explosion is useless at anub because you never have any corpses to explode, the scarabs and burrowers just despawn when they die.

Yes I'm taking morbidity for the shorter dnd cooldown, with a two add tank strategy I have enough time to use it twice before the adds die so it's worth it..

Quote Originally Posted by Shiira
    Corpse explosion is useless at anub because you never have any corpses to explode, the scarabs and burrowers just despawn when they die.

lol your right i never noticed that before

Quote Originally Posted by Dapuh
    CE was SO fun at Thorim arena tanking.

And how do you got a trash spec as 2nd spec? I have to respec ten trillion times a day because 2 specs are not enough!

give us octa spec!
    ok i have to know what specs your doing... i mean are u tanking, dpsing and pvping all in one day

lol your right i never noticed that before
    It isn't really the sort of thing that you think about during the fight but you would have huge piles of add corpses by the end if they didn't.