Thread: UI - Layout

UI - Layout

Since 3.3.0a came out, a lot of addons are broken, so I only have had the ability to work on the concept

http://img693.imageshack.us/img693/4343/layoutf.png

I just wanted some suggestions on the layout and where you would put things. Also any suggestions on raiding addons.

ADDON LIST (Not all addons, just ones you can see.

ShadowedUF
    Skinner
    Tidy Plates
    Bartender4
    Recount
    Omen
    Chatter
    SatrinaBuffFrame
    AzCastBar
    ButtonFacade
    CowTip
    ChinChilla
    Forte
    KGpanels
    LuckyCharms
    OmniCC
    SLDT

Deleted

Re: UI - Layout

Have a browse through the 'post your UI' thread. Most of your addons are fairly common, or have analogues which are, so you should find plenty of layouts of which you can apply elements you like to your own.

Obviously, UI layout is a very personal thing, and there is no substitute for just having a bit of a fiddle and running a few instances to see how 'intuitive' your layout is. I went a bit nuts with mine at first and found that in a lot of places the way in which I'd placed various elements just didn't suit the way in which I normally search my screen for the information I need. Basically I wound up packing all my 'essential information' around those areas of the screen where I tend to keep my focus in combat, and discarding or hiding as much non-essential information as possible, but I'm easily confused and tend towards 'tunnel vision' in encounters.

More aesthetic considerations are more personal, and again, your best off having a browse until you see something that strikes you as pleasing to the eye.

I personally find it quite interesting that, although the possibility for variation is great if not limitless, most custom UIs can be grouped into only a handful of 'layout styles'.

10+ Year Old Account

Re: UI - Layout

Only recommendation I would make is use skada for threat and damage meters, uses much less memory than recount, if thats not a problem for you, it seems like you have all the basic things that are needed.
    "You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist."
    -Nietzsche
    Vanilla WoW was a diamond in the rough. Burning Crusade cleared the rough away and polished that diamond up. During Lich King, that diamond cracked from being over polished and in Cataclysm that diamond was replaced with a cubic zirconia.