Thread: Healbot Hate

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account

Re: Healbot Hate

What a strange luck, i knew i had seen that "no healbot blabla" in some guild recruitment and it happened to be that pwnies that someone linked. We had some discussion about that too in my guild.

I personally use Healbot, i have keybinded so that with ctrl or shift i can cast like 9 diff spells just by clicking in healbot, i find that more than needed as holy paladin. Healbot shows stuff to dispel and u can decide like in what colour it will display poisons etc etc. so i dont personally get how can grid be possible far better than that really, unless it makes every your heal crit 60k which i doubt. Its all about choices, want to take grid or Healbot, i just think that ppl in Pwnies (read healer/s) use grid and without experience in Healbot they judge it as bad. Which is uncool.

Quote Originally Posted by Tigercat
    I've seen too many people crying "OMG my healbot just broke sorry I cant heal the rest of the fight guyz" to even begin to consider using it.
    i only noticed that when in middle of fights i got dc mainly because wow is so laggy, when u reconnect u cant heal because it reseted sorta, and it only updates player names and hps and such when not in combat. Dont know how it freezes without dc, never seen yet!
    Zenlyth
    Blue Poster
    "freedom of speech", unfortunately, does not belong in the World of Warcraft environment.

Quote Originally Posted by Kenkä
    What a strange luck, i knew i had seen that "no healbot blabla" in some guild recruitment and it happened to be that pwnies that someone linked. We had some discussion about that too in my guild.

I personally use Healbot, i have keybinded so that with ctrl or shift i can cast like 9 diff spells just by clicking in healbot, i find that more than needed as holy paladin. Healbot shows stuff to dispel and u can decide like in what colour it will display poisons etc etc. so i dont personally get how can grid be possible far better than that really, unless it makes every your heal crit 60k which i doubt. Its all about choices, want to take grid or Healbot, i just think that ppl in Pwnies (read healer/s) use grid and without experience in Healbot they judge it as bad. Which is uncool.

i only noticed that when in middle of fights i got dc mainly because wow is so laggy, when u reconnect u cant heal because it reseted sorta, and it only updates player names and hps and such when not in combat. Dont know how it freezes without dc, never seen yet!
    Yes, if often accompanies disconnects, but I refuse to start using some mod that apparently I become disabled if it decides to break, which apparently it does far too often. Grid ftw.
    Actually, Mr. Lennon, I CAN imagine a world with no hatred, religion, war, or violence.
    I can also imagine attacking such a world, because they would never see it coming.

http://mhkeehn.tripod.com/trashcan.jpg
    http://politicalhumor.about.com/libr...s/carville.jpe

For once, Carville was a man ahead of his time.

I've seen too many people crying "OMG my healbot just broke sorry I cant heal the rest of the fight guyz" to even begin to consider using it.
    If it happens after a disconnect just yell at them to /reload or go heal other way by pressing frames and use the keybindings on that. Like I said some posts above it shows which are good healers and which are not. If Grid, Healbot, Xperl fails, you instantly find another way around it, and not go crying and let it all wipe up.
    Please be sure to read the signature guidelines found here
    http://img260.imageshack.us/img260/8...rumfinisho.png

In remembrance of my old main: http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=The+Sha%27tar&n=Purina

Quote Originally Posted by rboa
    Wait wait wait....
    You are saying that using grid+clique instead of healbot gave you a 50-70% improvement in your heals? I gotta call BS on that. If either addon boosted your heals that much then it would be the only addon ppl used.
    I'm saying that in twin valkyrs hard mode, healbot failed. I used healbot for 2+ years without issue but switched after i couldn't perform in that particular situation. What is soooo hard to understand about that?

I heard nothing but praise about grid+clique and guess what - after making the change i had no further problems.. sure, it could have been libhealcomm but guess what, grid doesn't have that problem.. it could have been an option that was enabled or a bug or a feature i could have disabled - guess what - grid doesn't have that problem.

Find it funny how people are trying to nit pick a specific circumstance and put words into my mouth. Healbot failed on twin valkyrs as a resto druid and i learned to love grid+clique because of its great utility even above and beyond healing - and that my friend is the very reason many guilds may very well have experiences similar to mine in which they don't like healbot.

I also dont understand the whole debate, use whatever addon you want that lets you do the best job you can. I play a resto shaman for my guild, been through all toc 10 hardmode, and other such things and havent seen any issues with healbot being able to keep up. Any guild with the rules this one has isnt worth joining, as long as you are able to keep up with what they are doing, what addons you use really shouldnt matter, and healbot can keep up with anything ive run so far

this, was in a 25 ToC with a group that I've cleared it with for 8 weeks now and we had a new healer in it. well on anub he suddenly says in vent that "my heal bot is no longer giving me options on what heals to use so I can't do anymore healing for this fight". there have also been times where the raid has wiped (not this 25 ToC raid in particular, saying "the raid" in a general sense) because the other mt healer's HB suddenly stopped working or was assigning the wrong heal etc. so why would you allow an addon that from my experience has a high fail rate?

grid (which isn't a healing addon its a raid frames addon) + mouse over and focus target macros (holy pally so I have a focus target beacon macro with focus on the other tank so I dont detarget the tank Im healing) dont fail, if a person dies from someone using this settup its then the healers fault if it was something the healer could prevent (unless it was a stupid dpser taking unessacary dmg).

Quote Originally Posted by Raëlle
    If it happens after a disconnect just yell at them to /reload or go heal other way by pressing frames and use the keybindings on that. Like I said some posts above it shows which are good healers and which are not. If Grid, Healbot, Xperl fails, you instantly find another way around it, and not go crying and let it all wipe up.
    Unfortunately most people are idiots, trying to explain something so "complex" to them would result in a digital blank stare. As for myself, why bother with a mod that has a chance of doing that to begin with? I'll stick with what I already know and what already works just fine for me thanks
    Actually, Mr. Lennon, I CAN imagine a world with no hatred, religion, war, or violence.
    I can also imagine attacking such a world, because they would never see it coming.

http://mhkeehn.tripod.com/trashcan.jpg
    http://politicalhumor.about.com/libr...s/carville.jpe

For once, Carville was a man ahead of his time.

The only problem with healbot is that if your RL is a healer and you're caught using it, your RL will have no love for you. It's a perception thing. "All the best healers in the best guilds use grid, so if you aren't, there's a reason for you being bad."

Truth be told though, some of us have been using grid for so long we can code our own mods for it if absolutely necessary. At the very least we have it customized specifically for us. The level of customization I've done personally to my grid makes me unable to go to healbot without setting myself back significantly.

Re: Healbot breaking in a raid -
    The same thing happens with grid and clique. Especially if you get disconnected and come back while in combat. I've had it happen to me very many times. Typically however, I just yell in to vent and slaughter my keybinds from the spellbook.

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Alenko
    grid (which isn't a healing addon its a raid frames addon) + mouse over and focus target macros (holy pally so I have a focus target beacon macro with focus on the other tank so I dont detarget the tank Im healing) dont fail, if a person dies from someone using this settup its then the healers fault if it was something the healer could prevent (unless it was a stupid dpser taking unessacary dmg).
    With healbot u can make it cast it as "spell" so and it shows icon on person with your beacon and last 10 secs it even shows as timer so u can take absolutly maxium upkeep. No focuses or anything, just in my case, shift and right click over name, very usefull.
    Zenlyth
    Blue Poster
    "freedom of speech", unfortunately, does not belong in the World of Warcraft environment.

Quote Originally Posted by Raptorg
    You're not limited by the GCD?

Seriously, I call bullshit on the "doesn't allow you to click fast enough", the only thing limiting you is the GCD, other than that, healbot doesn't limit you

Anyone who hates on healbot should just fuck off, for all I care.
    I use it, and I've never had complaints from people, and it doesn't even bug that often. In a year or 2 of using it, it bugged a grand total of *once*, in a BG and I forgot to update it.

Big fucking deal, get over it already.

Get the curse client, and it will be up to date, and it won't bug out on you. The amount of times it's updated is insane, sometimes I find myself thinking "Wait, another update? But I haven't even used this version yet".

I use both decursive and healbot for healing to limit the amount of keys/combinations I have to use.
    My overhealing is generally less than anyone else's and the amount of dispels I hit is higher. As far as I'm concerned, you're the bad healers for not using this add-on or a similar add-on because 90% of the times, I will be faster than you.
    I don't care if I can heal without it, because I will never be without it, it's that simple. And if it bugs out, nobody will care, we'll just try again.
    If you judge people by overhealing...something is terribly wrong. Ive been in instances where im the only holy pally, and Im forced to waste mana/GCDs keeping JoL up, and the amount of voerhealing on that is crazy. Same said for beacon. If tank 1s target dies while im healing tank 2 and tank 1 still has beacon, nothing I can do but cop the overheals eh? And generally, overhealing is good for a holy pally healing tanks. Its ensures your tanks are always topped off. If you wait for tanks to drop to 50-70% before starting casts, your a horrible healer.

On topic: Ive been in too many situations where healbot bugs out and people go "sry guys cant heal", and they get carried to free loot. Its got nothing to do w/ grid discrimination. I use sraidframes(its a raid frames mod, who knew ) and I can heal just fine. That, and maybe itll be better if people using HB switch to a less data flow straining mod. In a raid the amount of data pings I receive from it, just makes me wanna cry...its more than fkin GEARSCORE! Itll fix their DCing
    I guess I'm back? Sighhhh....

Bad players will always be bad. Let me give another exemple of a good add-on that attracts most of the bad players: Quest Helper (and probably Cartographer). Damn, those add-ons are amazing, I'd hate to have to read every single quest, to have to discover the map. They are useful, but they can carry you to 80. Questing is supposed to help you to learn to play, to show you the lore, not to be ignored.

More than 40% of my server (Gurubashi-US) population is Brazilian. I'm Brazilian. But almost half of the Brazilians (on Gurubashi) can't speak english properly (yes, it is sad). With Quest helper, this is not a issue anymore, you can just follow that shiny arrow or to look at that skull on your map. They have no problems to complete basic quests and to reach 80. Once they are 80, most just don't understand anything about the game, really. They will just suck, they will use no enchants, no gems, no rotations, damn, i've seen lvl 40+ without a single talent learned. I know some players that used to be amazing at other games (Dota, ragnarok etc), but they just can't be good because they can't read about the game, and there are way too few players willing to help them.

The question you should ask is: Do you use Healbot to heal or Healbot heals for you? Can you play without that add-on? Do you understand your game and class or you just know how to work that add-on?

If you use Healbot because you are used to, because you like it, thats cool, I suppose. I never downloaded it, I just hate add-ons that bind stuff for me, i worked hard on my keybinds and they are almost perfect the way they are.

Out of interest does Grid show raid icons on players.. i.e. for example if I have the moon icon on my head will that moon icon be shown in grid as well?
    We dont stop playing because we grow old,
    We grow old because we stop playing

It's as in depth as you want it. i have used both, I personally prefer healbot because it's just easy. Initial setup on a patch day is pretty simple, I found grid + cliqué to just take a bit longer to get me rolling.

That said neither are 'bad' (healbot used to get a bad rep), both can bring some nice helpful functionality above and beyond target/hover keybinders. I would also add that no add on is designed to never break, I always have keybind backups in case healbot fails me (though it never has).

This isn't a healbot > grid post at all, I just have a preference. I also consider myself to be a good healer, not a noob, and not someone who cannot 25 man end game content. I also have another holy pally in my guild who just doesn't get on with grid/healbot and prefers the old school methods - we both pitch in similarly for heals (although I ALWAYS pwn him on dispels).

As long as people are alive and bosses are dead it doesn't really matter.

Quote Originally Posted by Kenkä
    With healbot u can make it cast it as "spell" so and it shows icon on person with your beacon and last 10 secs it even shows as timer so u can take absolutly maxium upkeep. No focuses or anything, just in my case, shift and right click over name, very usefull.
    Beyond knowing what heals you have out, there is a great deal of information for healers with appropriate focus and target targets setups - especially in combination with quartz swing timers (or whatever timer you use..) knowing what is about to smack your tank makes you that much more knowledgable about the heal you should push

Quote Originally Posted by kungfumonkey
    Out of interest does Grid show raid icons on players.. i.e. for example if I have the moon icon on my head will that moon icon be shown in grid as well?
    yes.. grid does this..

and you can also track all debuffs/buffs in grid either through icons/text or however you want..

I can understand the appeal. But I've only ever used X-perl/bartender and keybindings+mouse. I tried installing HB and decursive once but didn't like the playstyle. My first 60 was a priest that I leveled with friends primarily as a healer. (group was my priest, a frost mage, and a mm hunter. I tried to level with them as shadow but things died so fast there didn't seem to be a point.) Healing is pretty much all I know on my priest, I'm sure I could pick up raid dps if I took the time, but that's not my point. I've been told by many people that I'm one of the best healers they've ever run with. Something I take quite a bit of pride in.

I've had X-perl's raid frames bug out on me in a raid before, while it was frustrating I just quickly hit the raid tab dragged the default frames out to the middle of my screen and kept going. The number of healers I've run with that wouldn't do something like that if their HB/Grid broke is disappointing, but in no way speaks of the addons themselves.

Unfortunately most people are idiots, trying to explain something so "complex" to them would result in a digital blank stare. As for myself, why bother with a mod that has a chance of doing that to begin with? I'll stick with what I already know and what already works just fine for me thanks
    In the year I been using Healbot it only broke on me once, and that after patch disconnecting. I heard people having Grid break too, or fail the mouseover macro's. I been having disconnection issue for four months due to powerline, my Healbot wasn't broken, though it wasn't showing everything it should, now that I got good cable I don't disconnect Healbot is remaining as perfect following every command I enable on it. I understand same thing happens on Grid, in the weeks I learned to train Grid I disconnected after a patch, it disabled everything for the entire fight I was forced to go by Xperl.

Everyone has his/her opinion on mods granted, but I can state Grid also fails. It just will happen more for this person, and never for the other person.
    Please be sure to read the signature guidelines found here
    http://img260.imageshack.us/img260/8...rumfinisho.png

In remembrance of my old main: http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=The+Sha%27tar&n=Purina

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by aminidab
    dispelling a couple myths:

healbot can set up to 18 spells with a 3 button mouse, 27 with a 5 button mouse.

It can be used as a raidframe with all buffs and dispels for non-healing classes as well.

I personally use it for my pally (healing and tanking) my priest (dps and healing) my druid (feral tanking and dps) and my DK (tanking and dps).

It is fully customizable and I have yet to find anything that grid can do that it can't.

for my pally when healing it tracks (with timers) my beacon, sacred shield, all incoming heals (even other healers) HoT timers and icons for myself and other healers. buffs and debuffs. I have binds for ALL my spells (a good pally doesnt just cast two spells). hand of salvation, hand of freedom, hand of protection, holy light, flash of light, beacon of light, sacred shield, DI, LoH, Cleanse (although I do still use decursive, even though i dont have to)
    Started out good...then stopped reading here and disregarded all previous statements. Why would you use multiple addons to do the exact same job that take up more space on your UI? It's like a video I watched a few weeks ago of Anub normal 25 of a guild on an old server of mine. Was a Holy Paladin view and he had both Healbot and Grid up on his screen.

^This is why threads like this exist.

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Soulssong
    If you're only getting 7fps while using healbot, I'd suggest you fix the real problem.

Your computer. I've never, ever had low FPS in 10 or 25 mans while running healbot along with my, what, 15 other addons. Your computer is poo or you have downloaded too much pr0n and your computer is grossly infected with malware/viri.
    Seriously. Go buy an AMD Athlon II X4 for $99 bucks on Newegg, overclock it to 3.2 ghz with the stock cooler on air and then stomp every new game for the next 3 years and run WoW at ridiculous levels. People act like computer upgrades cost so much nowadays. They're cheap as all get out.

If you need a video card for under $100, get a Geforce 9800GTX.
    Global Moderator | Forum Guidelines

Quote Originally Posted by dcemuser
    Seriously. Go buy a phenom X4 for $99 bucks on Newegg, overclock it to 3.2 ghz with the stock cooler on air and then stomp every new game for the next 3 years and run WoW at ridiculous levels. People act like computer upgrades cost so much nowadays. They're cheap as all get out.
    Way to jump into the thread without reading it