Thread: Healbot Hate

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account

Re: Healbot Hate

Quote Originally Posted by Raëlle
    In the year I been using Healbot it only broke on me once, and that after patch disconnecting. I heard people having Grid break too, or fail the mouseover macro's. I been having disconnection issue for four months due to powerline, my Healbot wasn't broken, though it wasn't showing everything it should, now that I got good cable I don't disconnect Healbot is remaining as perfect following every command I enable on it. I understand same thing happens on Grid, in the weeks I learned to train Grid I disconnected after a patch, it disabled everything for the entire fight I was forced to go by Xperl.

Everyone has his/her opinion on mods granted, but I can state Grid also fails. It just will happen more for this person, and never for the other person.
    So does X-Perl after a disconnect. When I log pack in my raid frames and party frames are both there. A quick /reloadui though fixes it.

So it's not even just those two. Several mods have some kind of issue sometimes.
    Fenixdown (retail) : level 60 priest. 2005-2015, 2022-???? (returned!)
    Fenixdown (classic) : level 70 priest. 2019 - present

Quote Originally Posted by Firecrest
    I don't use Healbot. I barely have an understanding of what it is. I checked it out on Curse and as far as I could tell, it's just a healing mod that takes the place of Grid and a couple others.

However, I was reading a guild's application page today and it said "Anyone found running Healbot or similar addons will be removed from the guild without warning." I also have run into a few posts along the lines of "Healbot healers are bad healers" on these and other forums.

So my question is, what's wrong with it? What is it about it that would warrant a gboot or make you a terrible healer?
    What is he talking about addons similar to healbot? The GM should think it do all the job for you just becouse the word "bot". This isint correct and was already clarified in a post here.
    I use HB and i m fine with it and my 15 spells macroed to it (it can monitor buffs and debuffs as well).

Deleted

Going by MMO Pally forum mod Chronalis' sig he would be the same Chronalis who wrote the guild rules at the linked site.

As per his input here he is vehemently against Healbot. He gives reasons that apply to the bot-like first incarnation of Healbot, not the currently supported "Healbot Continued" and these were corrected. He never returned to that thread to admit he had changed his opinion, or defend it further which is a shame.

Quote Originally Posted by blahism
    Haha, you fail..

Phenom II Overclocked to 3.9ghz.. 4 gigs DDR3 ram, ATI 4890..

Performance wasn't an issue, healbot was. Get over yourself dude.

L2read
    It's curious it's just you who has this problem, isn't it?
    I suggest you start looking after your computer.. spyware scanner, virus scanner, firewall, occasional defrag? Sounds like a plan, Hmm?

You're just full of shit, you should be the one who should get over himself.

15+ Year Old Account

Way to jump into the thread without reading it
    Doh. Missed that post. Probably something to do with video card drivers or a conflict of some kind with the specific rendering that healbot does. I'm healing hard modes and high spike fights without passing below 60 FPS.

Quote Originally Posted by tenaka30
    Going by MMO Pally forum mod Chronalis' sig he would be the same Chronalis who wrote the guild rules at the linked site.

As per his input here he is vehemently against Healbot. He gives reasons that apply to the bot-like first incarnation of Healbot, not the currently supported "Healbot Continued" and these were corrected. He never returned to that thread to admit he had changed his opinion, or defend it further which is a shame.
    WOW. That's ridiculous. I was just reading his arguments on that page and it is clear he has never used the addon or at least not for years. The type of coding he was describing was outlawed by Blizzard in freaking patch 2.0. Epic.

Edit: "Healbot was actually banned from our guild a few years ago, and even today, if you're found utilising it, it's automatic guild removal, regardless of how long you've been with the guild itself." Wow. Just wow. It's the same thing as grid-clique, it just is easier to configure and less configurable.
    Global Moderator | Forum Guidelines

Quote Originally Posted by Force
    If you judge people by overhealing...something is terribly wrong. Ive been in instances where im the only holy pally, and Im forced to waste mana/GCDs keeping JoL up, and the amount of voerhealing on that is crazy. Same said for beacon. If tank 1s target dies while im healing tank 2 and tank 1 still has beacon, nothing I can do but cop the overheals eh? And generally, overhealing is good for a holy pally healing tanks. Its ensures your tanks are always topped off. If you wait for tanks to drop to 50-70% before starting casts, your a horrible healer.
    I don't judge anyone, overhealing shows that people are slower than others.

And I don't just look at the overall value, contrary to some people, I actually know how to analyze a meter, I don't just check this guy has a billion overhealing and think he sucks. I actually look at what spells caused the overhealing. If a lot of his overhealing actually comes from his fast heal, you can expect he's just terribly slow compared to you or others.

If his holy light for example is causing tons of overhealing, he's just on tank healing duty.
    And spamming holy light(if sustainable) is just the easiest way to do that.

Quote Originally Posted by Raptorg
    It's curious it's just you who has this problem, isn't it?
    I suggest you start looking after your computer.. spyware scanner, virus scanner, firewall, occasional defrag? Sounds like a plan, Hmm?

You're just full of shit, you should be the one who should get over himself.
    Wow, still doing the personal jabs? hows that working out for you? having problems with people skills in real life?

Computer is fine.. if it was virus, spyware, fireall or defrag issues (Which it isn't) grid would have the same symptoms.

Not a computer newb at all, so please, before you thing of any more fail witty things to say, think before you speak mmk?

Original thread i posted back in october:

http://www.mmo-champion.com/class-dr...id-vs-healbot/

15+ Year Old Account

Wow, still doing the personal jabs? hows that working out for you? having problems with people skills in real life?

Computer is fine.. if it was virus, spyware, fireall or defrag issues (Which it isn't) grid would have the same symptoms.

Not a computer newb at all, so please, before you thing of any more fail witty things to say, think before you speak mmk?

Original thread i posted back in october:

http://www.mmo-champion.com/class-dr...id-vs-healbot/
    there is a latency menu to set up
    and you most likely had a conflict with another addon like it happened to me with grid

When I first started healing I was using healbot, but the reason I converted to grid was because I had too much of lag issues and health spikes with healbot. Like I would literally watch my tank's health shoot up shoot down shoot up and shoot down within like .5 seconds without receiving any heals between. I haven't had anything close to that since I switched to grid.

Quote Originally Posted by Raiss
    Bad players will always be bad. Let me give another exemple of a good add-on that attracts most of the bad players: Quest Helper (and probably Cartographer). Damn, those add-ons are amazing, I'd hate to have to read every single quest, to have to discover the map. They are useful, but they can carry you to 80. Questing is supposed to help you to learn to play, to show you the lore, not to be ignored.

More than 40% of my server (Gurubashi-US) population is Brazilian. I'm Brazilian. But almost half of the Brazilians (on Gurubashi) can't speak english properly (yes, it is sad). With Quest helper, this is not a issue anymore, you can just follow that shiny arrow or to look at that skull on your map. They have no problems to complete basic quests and to reach 80. Once they are 80, most just don't understand anything about the game, really. They will just suck, they will use no enchants, no gems, no rotations, damn, i've seen lvl 40+ without a single talent learned. I know some players that used to be amazing at other games (Dota, ragnarok etc), but they just can't be good because they can't read about the game, and there are way too few players willing to help them.

The question you should ask is: Do you use Healbot to heal or Healbot heals for you? Can you play without that add-on? Do you understand your game and class or you just know how to work that add-on?

If you use Healbot because you are used to, because you like it, thats cool, I suppose. I never downloaded it, I just hate add-ons that bind stuff for me, i worked hard on my keybinds and they are almost perfect the way they are.
    Well if it makes you feel any better, I'm also one of the critics of handholding mods like questhelper around here for some of those very reasons. Using your brain >>>>>>>>> following some fucking arrow.
    Actually, Mr. Lennon, I CAN imagine a world with no hatred, religion, war, or violence.
    I can also imagine attacking such a world, because they would never see it coming.

http://mhkeehn.tripod.com/trashcan.jpg
    http://politicalhumor.about.com/libr...s/carville.jpe

For once, Carville was a man ahead of his time.

Quote Originally Posted by Fenixdown

4. Lastly, tank healers. They become so dependent on HB to do the work for them, so to speak, that they bug the raid leader to "please set up the MTs so they will show up on Hleabot". If I had a gold for every time I've heard a healer say that, my alt DK would have epic flying with money to spare by now.
    I don't use healbot (grid + clique), and I still want the MT window so I can easily cast beacon/SS on them.

Can I heal without it? Sure, but it takes 2 seconds and makes life easier so why wouldn't you do it?

Also at least in the past, sometimes even if it was set, you had to reset it so some people could see it, leading to people asking multiple times.

If I had a gold for every raid leader who didn't do this own his own, I'd have 2 epic flyers with money to spare.

Quote Originally Posted by Caean
    I don't use healbot (grid + clique), and I still want the MT window so I can easily cast beacon/SS on them.

Can I heal without it? Sure, but it takes 2 seconds and makes life easier so why wouldn't you do it?

Also at least in the past, sometimes even if it was set, you had to reset it so some people could see it, leading to people asking multiple times.

If I had a gold for every raid leader who didn't do this own his own, I'd have 2 epic flyers with money to spare.
    3 words for you, focus target macro. you will never need a mt window again.

15+ Year Old Account

My focus target is the boss.

What does healbot do - just bind keys to your mouse clicks and let you heal with the mouse clicks?

I have all of my mouse buttons already bound, so that doesn't seem like such an optimal solution.

All of my heals are tied to mouseover macros, makes it way easier for me to play whack a mole without any clicks involved. What am I missing by not using Grid/Healbot?

Quote Originally Posted by Ultima
    My focus target is the boss.
    this isn't the exact syntax but:

/cast Judgment of [isnert Light or Wisdom]
    target last target (this is the part that isn't the exact syntax but is what that line should do)

why focus the boss.

VuhDo is the best addon. Period.

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Tigercat
    Well if it makes you feel any better, I'm also one of the critics of handholding mods like questhelper around here for some of those very reasons. Using your brain >>>>>>>>> following some fucking arrow.
    Too bad they made Questhelper "baseline" and put it in the game.

Grid+Clique is modular - easy to extend. Running anub hardmode? YOu can plugin a mod to show a txt coundown of everyones health sitting at 1.5k (where it should be), can also show health deficits, health gains, incoming heals from other places, raid buffs, boss debuffs, so on so forth. Also grid is great for everyone even non healers. As a tank you can run grid+clique to watch your raids health using less resources than even WoW's default (and terrible) raid frames. You can also keybind intervene or other actions to click on people and save the day pretty quickly. The interface also works great for everyone. Healbot is sort of stuck on healers and while you can have it open for DPS or Tanking it just takes up too much screen estate to be usefull.

Grid+Clique isn't just for healing, its a great tool for all classes and if you take the 10-15 minutes to learn it you will be amazed at what you can do. From simple stuff to having good actions, bad actions configured so if your Boomkin you can just shift+click someone in your grid who you see is low on mana and innervate them and be done with it - no typing /tar mylowonmanafriend or if you have a brez you can map the same. Doable in healbot to a degree, but not as well.

I could go on and on, but really, give grid+clique a try and then come back and say "why is it better" - with mods/addons/easy customization its a no brainer if you ask me. Being able to see icons, txt markers, box markers, color markers, color variations and customize the doodoo out of your UI or easily handle going from 10 mans to 40 man WG situations without freaking out or slowing down is why grid rocks.
    Have you downloaded the new version of healbot. You can do all of that. Very easily.
    Hello 15 year old that considers himself a mature, sensible and truthspeaking God of Man.

VuhDo is the best addon. Period.
    Others are obsolete. Healbot is sluggish, grid/cliq is OK but takes two addons, more memory, and a somewhat lengthy setup process. Vuhdo is faster, better and prettier.

I personally use the default raid windows, and my healing performance is never below that of any other healer I've grouped with. My guild is not a hardcore raiding guild, but it is a serious casual guild, and we're currently 4/5 togc 25. I have done over 10k hps as a resto shaman on twins (which is pretty good for a non-druid), and I'm consistently on top of the healing meter or near it. On fights where most of the debuffs are poisons/diseases/curses, I am the top dispeller.

What I don't understand is exactly where the need comes for healing addons... yes, I could make grid take up less of my screen than 5 group windows, but is that really so crucial? With default raid windows I can see hp, mana, and full debuffs, without having to set up any special fight-specific stuff. I have a better understanding than other healers because I see EVERY debuff the second it appears without having to tailor to it. Every time I hear the raid leader say "healers make sure you set up "blahblahblah" debuff to show up" it makes me cringe. In the current raid environment where healing IS very binary, I don't find it all that useful to know the incoming heals on a target... If you don't heal them asap, they die. I've become accustomed to using my eyes to see where people are and what they're doing (watching their debuffs also tells you a ton about what's going on) and as often as not, I begin my heal casts before the damage has even landed.

Now... could any healer in a REALLY top guild (I'm talking somebody who's like half 258 gear) provide helpful advice concerning a significant reason to switch to any of these addons? I'm aware that the vast majority of top healers don't use default raid windows, and I'm just wondering why exactly.

If you want to armory me, I'm the only Jezpalulaj.