Thread: Holy: FoL build

Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Holy: FoL build

just wanna try this FoL build pallies are talking about, was thinking of trying it in pug, not guild run:

1. http://talent.mmo-champion.com/?pala...ifNlSJy,,10958
    2. glyphs: SoL, HS, FoL
    3. Complete regemming from int gems to sp/crit gems
    4. spam FoL with HS every cd
    5. getting best pvp FoL libram u got access to

Am I missing smth?

Drawbacks:
    1. No aoe heal from HL glyph
    2. Good enough for MT healing?
    3. non-pvpers have to pvp actually to get libram
    4.?

Re: Holy: FoL build

i'd say just gem spp instead of spp/crit... i never heard of any pallies gem for crit.. it's bad. Pure sp if u going for fol build is wat i've seen.

With that spec your FoL will be around 50% crit, together with SS that's a 100%(?)
    I'd say go full out SP or SP/Mp5.

As a HL spammer i would like to know if this is viable. Maybe for 10 mans? 25 mans it wont keep tanks alive in my opnion.

I found a nice review here
    http://ferarro.blogspot.com/2009/11/...oly-light.html
    Tbh ill go Seal of Wisdom + FoL Spec + Int gems if your gear isnt uber.

If you use int gems and GoSoW with a Flashsetup, you're doing it wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Deathcold
    As a HL spammer i would like to know if this is viable. Maybe for 10 mans? 25 mans it wont keep tanks alive in my opnion.
    U will HAVE to be on your A game and will HAVE to Holy shock all the time. Get the PVP Libram and SLAM Epic Orange and Epic Purple Gems in your gear. The Epic Orange gems give u the best of BOTH worlds because honestly theres gonna be times u are gonna NEED Holy Light and you will need the additional INT. Plus Honestly if your haste isnt at around 700 or more FoL builds are fail.

Scrubbles From The Guild Premonition arguably the best guild and the best 2 set of pallies in the world are FoL build....... I tried to do that and I succeded but my case isnt like theres because they have WONDERFUL Dps to burn the boss down and not have to have HL as much. They work in an environment that I DONT right now so the best way IS to either gem The epic oranges as I stated before or just go Int and work with HL.

As former SP stacker and FoL spammer i can only say it is much better in 10mans than int stacking. It is easy and okey to keep tanks up in 10mans and even in some 25mans. Tho what i noticed when i switched to int stacking was that SP doesn't scale that well.

I lost around 600 static SP in 25man raids and while i was SP stacking my shocks went for 10-11k crits and FoL's for 9-10k crits. Now when i switched to int stacking and lost my 600sp instead of gaining a lot of intellect and mana my FoL's and shocks are going for around 1k less and HL's heal roughly for the same.

You CAN raid in a 25man and be sp stacking you just need another healer to heal the "rough" damage of the tanks you cannot do. But i have been rather happy after i switched to int stacking and i am not planning to switch back to SP stacking just yet.

To the specc and glyphs i would say that specc looks allright but i would still take HL glyph into it instead of FoL glyph. You can use HL even if you dont have a 40k mana pool you just can't use it all the time. You aren't either able to keep up a maintank alone you will need another paladin stacking int or a shaman or something to heal the worst damage while you keep SS up on tank for absorbs.

To regemming go for pure SP gems there is no need to gem sp/crit you should be around 40% UB crit with just the crit you get from your gear. So all the way SP. And you already mentioned the fact that the only good libram for SP stackers is from pvp so yeah you'll have to do some arena which sucks if you don't like to pvp or even have a chance to get your arena and personal raiting for the best libram. =)

Just my 2 cents.

Both are very viable, which is better? That's harder to say these days. Blizzard are doing everything they can to make FoL more attractive to use, and with tier set bonuses, I'd say they're succeeding.

I'd still say, for hard modes, HL is the way to go. But to be honest, with around 9-10k FoL's every second, it's getting harder to call at this end game stage.
    I am the lucid dream
    Uulwi ifis halahs gag erh'ongg w'ssh

OK, for anub 25 hm, would FoL build be ok? or only HL is viable?

Quote Originally Posted by Maniac2
    OK, for anub 25 hm, would FoL build be ok? or only HL is viable?
    i'd say it depends on your anub25hc tactics, are you using 2 or 3 tanks? how many healers do you have etc

Quote Originally Posted by dannzi
    i'd say it depends on your anub25hc tactics, are you using 2 or 3 tanks? how many healers do you have etc
    2 tanks, 7 healers (2 pallies)

Quote Originally Posted by Maniac2
    2 tanks, 7 healers (2 pallies)
    isnt it supposed to be... 3 tanks 6 healers? (I could be wrong since Ive not done togc25..)

and as for T10 bonuses, they favor HL build.

Quote Originally Posted by Riek
    and as for T10 bonuses, they favor HL build.
    They don't.

For the talent build, why are you spending 2 points for improved blessing of Might?

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account

FoL build paladin + resto druid and possibly disc priest once hardmodes come around is the best possible tank healing setup, and will be able to outlast everything. I believe the guilds who try these combos out with a FoL build will really be shining on some of the longer ICC encounters, since the dodge nerf promised steadier damage.

Quote Originally Posted by Lebeau
    They don't.
    T10 bonus redcues HL cast time with holy shock.. I'd think thats favoring HL build

Quote Originally Posted by Riek
    T10 bonus redcues HL cast time with holy shock.. I'd think thats favoring HL build
    Did you know:

-Due to the way time reductions(static) are factored into the casttime equation, the reduction from the 4 piece bonus is only a .17 reduction with an average amount of haste? If you think that using HS with the 4 piece will make your 1.3 second HL cast in 1 second you're in for an unpleasant suprise.

-The only t10 pieces with haste are the helm, shoulders, and chest. This means that you will need to drop the pants (zing!) or gloves to achieve your 4 piece. This is going to cost you either 80 haste (Unclean Surgical gloves) or 100 haste (Lightning-Infused Legplates). This missing haste actually equates to more of a cast time reduction than the .17 second reduction you would get from the set bonus.

Quote Originally Posted by Lebeau
    Did you know:

-Due to the way time reductions(static) are factored into the casttime equation, the reduction from the 4 piece bonus is only a .17 reduction with an average amount of haste? If you think that using HS with the 4 piece will make your 1.3 second HL cast in 1 second you're in for an unpleasant suprise.

-The only t10 pieces with haste are the helm, shoulders, and chest. This means that you will need to drop the pants (zing!) or gloves to achieve your 4 piece. This is going to cost you either 80 haste (Unclean Surgical gloves) or 100 haste (Lightning-Infused Legplates). This missing haste actually equates to more of a cast time reduction than the .17 second reduction you would get from the set bonus.
    That is really unpleasant

hmmmmm I tried calculating (with haste rating 675 for T10 4 pc, and haste rating 775 for none-4pc), and T10 4pc is giving me quicker cast time... I used the formulas from wowwiki btw ~_~ tell me how you got those results

also for the libram if you're going FoL build, the new frost emblem libram might be better than those deadly ones if you do not have access to furious/relentless versions

not sure if glyph of HS is the way to go for FoL builds, you dont want to squeeze a GCD once per minute for BoL so you're better of with glyphing BoL in my opinion.

Feel free to PM me about any question you might have regarding LoL.
    Holy paladin