Ephemeral Snowflake

Ephemeral Snowflake
    Binds when picked up
    Unique
    Trinket
    Requires Level 80
    Item Level 232
    Equip: You gain 11 mana each time you heal a target with one of your spells.
    Use: Grants 464 haste rating for 20 sec. (2 Min Cooldown)

I've searched for a post on this and although I see a new topic on the Paladin forum I just wondered if any resident Resto Shaman's are using it and just how good it is since the "small internal cooldown" was added?

I understand this was so it couldn't be abused by shadow priests, judgements of light etc, but any ideas what the cooldown is? I.e. if a chain heal lands on 4 players will it proc the 11 mana 4 times, or does the cooldown prevent this? Also interested to hear how it works on Riptide?

TIA Sexy Shamans.
    WHEN I POST IN CAPS CURSE SPEAK FOR ALL PALADINS AND REFRAIN FROM PUNCTUATION EXCEPT AT THE END OF MY SENTENCE WHERE I USE EXTRA YOU CAN'T ARGUE WITH MY LOGIC!!!!!!!

Re: Ephemeral Snowflake

I'm not sure about the chain heal, but I tested it out this morning before maintenance and it DOES proc off of Earthliving/Riptide ticks now.

I've been a bit iffy to test it out in a raid setting, since it doesn't seem like it'd give a whole lot of mana back. (I'm not much for theorycrafting or any of that noise.)
    Escargotage - Lvl 80 Restoration Shaman - Thrall US

Quote Originally Posted by krasgoth
    Hey guys, my guild keeps standing in the fire.

What should we do about it?

I posted about this trinket a couple days ago and got a page or 2 of comments. At that time it didn't proc off Earthliving or Earth Shield, but apparently it does now. It did proc on each Chain heal jump and each Riptide tick, not sure if you still get credit for all the chain heal jumps now with the new internal cooldown. Still not sure if it is that great of a trinket though, if your rocking a blue trinket though, its probably an upgrade, but at higher level gear its not really worth using. With the hidden cooldown now I highly doubt your gonna get more than 50 mp5 out of it, and that's only when spamming.

Chainheal with 5% Manareduce costs around 750 Mana. Assuming it procs from Chainheal with 1 Earthliving Weapon proc you gain around 4x11 + 6x11 mana - nothing more. No Spellpower, no other usefull stats, just a silly use function ...

Better stick with the triumph / frost marks trinket and/or the one from pdc hc. The triumph trinket with 126 int is even more usefull IMHO because you gain spellpower and MP5 regen from "refreshment" (dunno how the name in english is - the one buff e.g. hunters can proc.)
    "Who am I? I am Susan Ivanova, Commander, daughter of Andrej and Sophie Ivanov. I am the right hand of vengeance and the boot that is gonna kick your sorry ass all the way back to Earth, sweetheart. I am death incarnate and the last living thing that you are ever going to see. God sent me." - Susan Ivanova, Between the Darkness and the Light, Babylon 5

"Only one human captain ever survived a battle with a Minbari fleet. He is behind me! You are in front of me! If you value your lives - be somewhere else!" - Delenn, Severed Dreams, Babylon 5

Replenishment is what you are looking for

Thanks for the advice. I've only been resto for 2 weeks so triumph badgers are currently being ploughed into T9. I'm gunning for the chest next.

This leaves with me two ilvl 200 trinkets to replace hence my questions around the Snowflake. I have the TOC normal one +84 intellect and the HOL heroic one which is not too bad with the haste and mp5 return. Saving for Frost marks trinket and think Snowflake be nice until I get better.

WHEN I POST IN CAPS CURSE SPEAK FOR ALL PALADINS AND REFRAIN FROM PUNCTUATION EXCEPT AT THE END OF MY SENTENCE WHERE I USE EXTRA YOU CAN'T ARGUE WITH MY LOGIC!!!!!!!

I use this trinket as purely situational. When I use it my haste goes to 1400. Spamming CH when raid is taking massive damage + my totem spell power proc + my other trinket use I'm getting very much use out of this thing (Even though 11 mana is very useless)