Thread: HOw much haste

HOw much haste

What kinda haste rating do you need to get to about a 1 sec lighting bolt.

Deleted

Re: HOw much haste

I assume you're playing Elemental...
    First off: Your "question" sucks. (you forgot the question mark)
    NO information about buffs given by you, so don't expect me or anyone else to give you more than one example.

To get LB to 1sec with only your 5% totem and the 3% from ret/moonkin, you'd have to do this:
    2 (base casting time) / (1.03 (3% ret) * 1.05 (5% totem) * x (haste on gear)) = 1
    So we get:
    2 = 1.03*1.05*x
    With this we get:
    x = 2 / (1.03 * 1.05)
    ---> x = 1.849283403, or x 1.85
    So you would need 85% haste to get your LB down to 1sec. Seeing as 1% spellhaste is 32.79 haste rating, you'd therefore need ~2785 haste rating.

GL with that.

My main spec is resto but I do play ocasionally elemental. My haste from gear is 705 + 200 from Totem of Electrifying Wind +512 from Fetish of Volatile Power = 1417 haste. I notest that during bloodlust the LB casting time is 0.8 secs which means too much haste if i count that the global cooldown is 1sec.

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by desesi
    My main spec is resto but I do play ocasionally elemental. My haste from gear is 705 + 200 from Totem of Electrifying Wind +512 from Fetish of Volatile Power = 1417 haste. I notest that during bloodlust the LB casting time is 0.8 secs which means too much haste if i count that the global cooldown is 1sec.
    And how does that contribute to this thread?
    Or rather... "so what?"

I could also say that, being a Troll, I need 3.1% haste do get my LB under GCD when using BL, Elemental Mastery, Berserking and having my totem(5% haste one) and a ret in my raid. Again, doesn't help.

And btw, Fetish is one of the worst trinkets out there. Get Abyssal Rune or ANYTHING ELSE... just so you know, Abyssal Rune is ~1.5x as good as the Fetish. And yes, that's with the 245 one.

that gives a basic idea that 1400 is too of haste is assuming Bloodlust. There's threads on the Elitist Jerks forums that would answer this for you. Also, are you using a Haste potion during heroism? I'm assuming you want a "soft cap" number. Look 1270 is a number i'm seeing on their website (2 minutes of searching).