Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst
LastLast

Re: Pls! No more Lay on hands for pallys at 4.0

Quote Originally Posted by fikou
    lol, im tired of trying to kill a prot pala (me rogue) and just before he dies with 200 hp (after using wings and bubble) me with 1k, he uses lay on hands ( what i think is the g@yest skill in wow) and then he roflpwns me, ofc, im noob bcuz he thinks is the most awsome thing on wow to use LoH.

srsly, it got 20 min cd , i know, but this skill is made for noob ppl, and u know that!
    i really would spend 1k nights without sleeping, thinking about what the hell is this spell doing in a mmo rpg
    I don't understand... you can't use LoH in arena.

"qoute from nimoku"
    Private servers are a sign of weakness, it means that you are either to poor to play the real game or that you just suck in the game and need to have some special gm powers.

who wouldent want GM powers for them selves..id take it any day even if id have to use a "criminal" hack to do so on regular servers....oh wait ^^
    To play those millions of minds,to watch them slowly respond to an unseen stimulus to guide theyr aspiration without theyr knowledge-all this whether in high capacities or in humble,is a big and endless game of chess of ever extraordinary excitement
    -sydney west-

hah!!

Im too lazy to read all the posts of every ppl but since you all are QQing something and trying to boost your troll skils.

I can show how retarted that looks.

Post 1 : Aaah shit game QQ all classes exept rogue is OP

Post 2 : gtfo you noob l2p

Post 3 : Yeah I got 500inch virtualP + im pure forum troll

Post 4 : FU all I hate life just wow should be banned

Post 5 : Ahh I slice my wrists I hate life

Post 6 : aah just remove this and that class + spell from the game + buff my class !! 100% crit chanse

You see how retarted that looks ? ;D

your wrong

-50 dkp

Sounds to me like you had a bad experience facing off against a terrible Prot Paladin.

First of all, what duel takes 3 minutes against a class that can't heal?

Second, what Prot Paladin uses Lay on Hands against a Rogue, after already using Wings and Bubble?

Third, PvP isn't even balanced around 1v1 fights...

Your trolling is bad.

Trust me, as a Protection Paladin that doesn't even PvP, I bet you wouldn't last a tenth of that time against me.

Quote Originally Posted by Chronalis
    Why would i want to meet you in a private server, which could A) Potentially get my account banned, B) Are known to contain many bugs, and C) Don't even contain spells official damage and healing values?

Additionally, why would i want to meet up with a troll just to prove a point?

You're free to migrate to my realm (Ghostlands EU) if you're so desperate. I just ain't risking Blizzard banning me for something that's so so important to you, and means shit to me. If you wish to check my PvP achievements, armory link is in my signature. Did all those as Prot spec (Battlemaster before 3.2, 100k HK's, Wrecking Ball, Damage Control, etc), and only one of those was done with a premade. If those aren't enough for you, check the stats;
    Duels won: 76, Duels lost: 18
    AV Battles: 259, Wins: 177
    EotS Battles: 189, Wins: 108
    WSG Battles: 352, Wins: 231
    IoC Battles: 136, Wins: 106
    WSG Caps: 292
    WSG Returns: 193
    Honorable Kills: 101510
    BG Killing Blows: 21788

So, still think i'm lacking PvP experience? When i wake up in the morning, i don't put butter on my toast, i kill a rogue, and spread it with it's own daggers. On Friday nights when i have take-away, i don't order chips with my food, i order a half-roast warrior with some Water Elemental as the sauce. And let's not forget the Paladin, who i liquidise, and then pour into his bubble to stop myself from going thirst halfway through my meal. And when i decide to lay in on some mornings, i use a Shaman's Spirit Wolves as my pillows, and their lava blast to keep my bedroom warm.

Nah, in all honesty, i'm a good PvPer when it comes to World or Battlegrounds, and i've turned matches of WSG around from 2-0 losing, to 3-2 win within a few minutes. I tend to look for weaknesses in the enemies routine, be it not using poisons on their weapon (i've seen it happen), not kiting properly, trying to solo me as a warrior, and thinking Bladestorm is even a challenge when i've got Holy Shield up. That's not showing off, it's just showing how i play. People make mistakes, i exploit that error to it's fullest and then sit back and wait for the raging whispers to come in.

Gotta say though, you've made me fat from all the feeding on your posts. I love feeding on trolls (not feeding the trolls). I'm kinda like a vampire, but instead of feeding on blood, i feed on troll posts, and instead of transforming into a Bat, i transform into an evil rabbit (check my avatar, kinda became the guilds logo in our videos too ).

Meh, trust me. Back in TBC, i run a realm just for myself to explore on, and spawn mobs, and it gets real old real fast. It wasn't open to anyone else and i was the only person on it, but yeah, got bored after an hour of playing about with Illidan spawns in Orgrimmar ^^. I did find that around 65% of spells were broken, mobs didn't patrol, loot tables for any mob in the world or in an instance were broken (i.e. lvl 3 mobs dropping Badge of Justice, etc), you get the idea.
    First of all, i do play retail (Rudilol -Lightbringer - Whrillwind Battlegroup)
    second , i got to admit tough i hate pallys , my best class roll is ret pally.
    third : nvm about this, im 100% sure i would beat u, i suggested a priv server Chronalis bcuz we would start with the same gear, but forget it.
    fourth : Im sorry,ur reply is too long I got no time or im to lazy to read
    finally : i admit too that was stupid o mine to start this tread bcuz obviously ITT most of posters will be trolled pallys (like me, just me). And again, almost 40 % wow population roll pally (plus is the easiest class to roll,plus OP LoH).Thats why i rolled pally in the first place i think, a good class to start playing.

Sorry about the bad eng, im learning.

I request to close the thread pls if admin or mod reads

EDIT: Chronalis: what a tool

Quote Originally Posted by fikou
    First of all, i do play retail (Rudilol -Lightbringer - Whrillwind Battlegroup)
    second , i got to admit tough i hate pallys , my best class roll is ret pally.
    third : nvm about this, im 100% sure i would beat u, i suggested a priv server Chronalis bcuz we would start with the same gear, but forget it.
    fourth : Im sorry,ur reply is too long I got no time or im to lazy to read
    finally : i admit too that was stupid o mine to start this tread bcuz obviously ITT most of posters will be trolled pallys (like Chronalis and me). And again, almost 40 % wow population roll pally (plus is the easiest class to roll,plus OP LoH).Thats why i rolled pally in the first place i think, a good class to start playing.

Sorry about the bad eng, im learning.

I request to close the thread pls if admin or mod reads
    Someone who is stupid and lazy can't even properly play a pally, it only requires face rolling on your keyboard, but even that is burning too much calories for you.

Please remove rogue stuns

Please remove Grounding totem

Please remove the mass charge of warriors

Please remove the Shatter talent for mages

Quote Originally Posted by Nimoku
    Someone who is stupid and lazy can't even properly play a pally, it only requires face rolling on your keyboard, but even that is burning too much calories for you.
    ya, sure Chronalis, get some life boy and girlfriends, I stop reading my own thread bcuz pallys are too stupid, ubertrollrolling and lifeless. People like that pisses me off

BB all ;D

Deleted

This is turning into another Chex thread. I'm out.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ETO3-MxMe2Q

To all the QQ "LoH is cheap" and that other BS, you might want to read the following, I'm sure it'll be quite enlightening.

http://www.sirlin.net/ptw-book/intermediates-guide.html

Lay on Hands is THE defining paladin spell. They had it when I started playing D&D back in the 70's. That, and the Lawful Good alignment said PALADIN louder than anything else. Without LoH they are no longer paladins. It'd be like a mage without fireball, or a rogue without stealth.

A little quote here that might fit in.

The 3 phase "boss fight" when fighting a paladin makes me lol. Instead of asking "wtf why is it random class can kill a paladin 3 times before paladin can kill random class once"

15+ Year Old Account

just accept the fact that it is a skill in-game and try to work around it. but instead, you make a topic on the paladin section of a forum.

that is called QQ, which can mostly be directed to a person who has little to no idea how his class works, or is under the age of 14 and can't stand that he is losing. so either way, get to know your class and gather info on how to beat a prot paladin, or into therapy for your wierd behaviour.

or instead of a therapist, just grow up ffs.

OP is to obvious. Needs to L2troll imo.

Quote Originally Posted by killarth

just because it is used in a book doesn't make it 100% correct
    Just to note that notion of correct or not correct is a binary state.

There is no such thing as 51% correct. (you can say 51% of the answers are correct, but not 51% of *A* answer is correct)

FYI~

this^ but a stylistic preference isn't always correct grammatically. Maybe the op's style is not capitilizing? You didn't let that slide
    Not "capitalizing" (that's the correct sp.. just saying XD), is much worst then starting in the middle of a post with an "And".

The not capitalize causes more uncertainty than using "And" to start a sentence.

(it's obvious there's a mistake, of not using a comma; but splitting the sentence um... forcefully?)

The no capitalize can mean the footstop is in the wrong place or the footstop is correctly placed, but the writer didn't use a capital to start.

Different level of wrong deeding, IMO.

To be honest, as a paladin, I'm honestly not really sure what the point of LoH is. It's a lame troll, but I'm still not sure what niche it is supposed to fit in besides being sometimes useful in pve, but mostly used to just lame out people in BGs. Is this the design space we want our abilities in?

Quote Originally Posted by yeahroflpwndnow
    +1 free internet for that

and yeah, /delete LoH bcuz

-its unfairly used on outdoor-pvp, srsly, as hunter i got to suffer for being abble to Kill shoot a ret pally, and there it is!!! LoH saving the day!!

-LoH isnt abble for arena using, so it really doesnt have a reason for exsist on pvp world.

-All this is for blizzard mass paladin spoiling as their little babies

-Maybe another skills shouldnt exsist, cuz they are not usable in arena and they are just ridicously lore-linked as Lay on Hands is:

Reincarnation (shammy)
    Soulstone (lock)

Oh god.

- Because outdoor-pvp is a major part of the game, am I right? Didn't you have your Mortal-strike-shot ready and already on the paladin? (Can't remember it's name at the moment)

- What? You do know that Lay on Hands is also widely used in PvE as a tank-saver by paladins? I can think of a dozen times I've saved a raid from a wipe by using a well timed Lay on hands.

- I'll go ahead and ask, are these forums in need of an intelligence buff? Can gladly fetch my mage if it'll stop these pointless posts. The Paladin - true - has especially since Warcraft 3 been the richest class when it comes to lore - it only stands to reason that they'd get a lovebucket. But let's consider that for a moment before we move on. Do you know what state paladins were in during Vanilla?

Healbots. Buffbots. A versatile hybrid class who couldn't be versatile. In the burning Crusade they were a) good healers, b) mediocre tanks and c) laughable dps, every class was pushing the double amount of dps compared to Retribution paladins. And you have the guts to say that we were the "little babies" of Blizzard?

Famous Paladins: General Turalyon, Uther the Lightbringer, Tirion Fordring, Bolvar Fordragon, (the) Mograine(s), Arthas Menethil. <-- The paladin is the perfect class to develope lore, a class which is inherently pure and goodhearted can be twisted into something perverted and evil, all in the name of goodness/justice/etc --> leads to the perfect plot developement. Have you played Warcraft 3 RoC and TFT? Arthas' fall from Grace was the perfect plotdevelopement, simply because the story was believable/logical.

- "Maybe another skills shouldnt exsist, cuz they are not usable in arena and they are just ridicously lore-linked as Lay on Hands is:

Reincarnation (shammy)
    Soulstone (lock)"

Yeah. Good move. Let's remove the lore-based spell, and gut the game altogether. You do know that a lot of people raid and play the game because they adore the amount of lore that blizzard has put into it? Lay on Hands will *never* be removed, simply because it's the most iconic spell in the entire game. Lay on Hands does practically exist as a healing spell/saving ability for the Paladin(s) in every Role Playing Game I have seen. You can thank Dungeons and Dragons for that.

Quote Originally Posted by Lark
    To be honest, as a paladin, I'm honestly not really sure what the point of LoH is. It's a lame troll, but I'm still not sure what niche it is supposed to fit in besides being sometimes useful in pve, but mostly used to just lame out people in BGs. Is this the design space we want our abilities in?
    Read what I said just above this quote ^ While I agree that I'd rather see LoH as a mediocre HoT than as a lifesaver - It most likely will not happen. Ever.

I agree, LoH should be removed. While we're at it, we need to remove the following:

Hunter's pets
    Mage's making food
    Warlock's minions
    Rogue's stealth
    Shaman's bloodlust/heroism
    Warrior's titan's grip
    Priest's shadowform
    Druid's shapeshift
    Death Knights

Gundrak, Oceanic PvP

Quote Originally Posted by Neb-X
    I agree, LoH should be removed. While we're at it, we need to remove the following:

Hunter's pets
    Mage's spellsteal
    Warlock's minions
    Rogue's stealth
    Shaman's bloodlust/heroism
    Warrior's titan's grip
    Priest's shadowform
    Druid's shapeshift
    Death Knights

Fixed

On to the Original Poster once again:
    Every class has its counter, Rets are for instance very good against warriors and death knights. Everyone is good against a balance druid (see what I did there? ^^) Frost mages are good against Rets and so forth.

The encounter between a rogue and a Ret paladin (comparing these two as they're both dps) can only end up in two different scenarios between two good players:
    a) The rogue wins outright, the Ret paladin won't stand much of a chance the entire fight - assuming they have the same level of gear
    b) The Ret will get a stun in, pop wings and cleave the rogue in two before you can blink - I know, I've done it myself so many times that I've lost count.

The fight is RARELY ended by one side running away from the fight because they can't beat their opponent.

Prot paladins, especially protribution specced ones in PvP are a different story however. They have the burst of a ret, and the survivability (or close to) of a prot paladin. Even a fully specced prot paladin should (be able to) beat a rogue of any spec. The reason is that the massive amount of armor on a prot paladin will mitigate most damage, the amount of shields that a prot paladin can put up, and the healing capabilities of a rogue being nonexistant other than vanish/eat food/bandage move.

A prot paladin will win most if not all encounters vs a rogue simply because of one spell: Holy Shield. You'll be blocking like mad vs a rogue, everytime you block, you'll hand him a nice slap of holy damage, considering he hits you often - more blocks=more damage done. Spells like Shield of Righteousness and Hammer of the Righteous can deal some amazing burst in a prot/ret spec, and even some good solid damage as prot. Sacred shield will eat most of the damage that a rogue deals.

Paladins, especially prots, are the perfect counter for rogues. Rogues do not count on attrition fights like a protadin forces you into. Rogues count that a fight will last less than a minute or 30 seconds, so that they'll take as little damage as possible due to their low amount of armor.