Idea: Raids With 2-Week Timers / Double The Loot?

Keep in mind this is just simply an idea that popped into my head as I sit here studying intently for my geology of petroleum final.

What if we were able to choose to place a 2 week lockout on a raid, but receive double the loot off the bosses? Or, a 3 week timer, with triple the loot? 3 seems a little much, as it would allow easier killing of currently accessible bosses.

In the end I am on the fence on my own idea...as it would be nice to raid one week, and have the next week off to farm, relax, play alts with your guildies during that time that you set aside to play WoW, yet at the same time, it would speed up progression perhaps a little too much.

Nobody would likely use this option unless they knew they could kill all the bosses (or knew they would eventually get all the bosses down during those two weeks.) However, taking two weeks to defeat the instance with double the loot would be silly -- unless you only like raiding an hour a night x 3 a week for some reason. It could be done in one week with the second week freed up for alternative events.

On the monetary end of this -- people will continue to pay their monthly subscription fee, because you more than likely aren't going to cancel your account for one week and resume it a week later, unless you're just against doing anything other than raiding.

Just an amusing thought, and probably won't happen, but amusing nonetheless!

Edit: Added Idea as to not confuzzle people!

Re: Idea: Raids With 2-Week Timers / Double The Loot?

Bad idea. Raiding is another part of the game. It isn't about gear, it's another part of gameplay. Many guys whom i know, including myself have fun OF raiding. Not because of loot, but of the process itself.

Though some raid for loot/shards/whatever, it simply wouldn't work. Currently you can complete all raid content in a couple of days. Imagine if you did that and couldn't raid for two whole weeks. You would get even more tired of doing daily's and grinding and eventually find yourself fishing out of bordem and ultimately not playing at all until it comes time to raid.

Quote Originally Posted by Llani
    Keep in mind this is just simply an idea that popped into my head as I sit here studying intently for my geology of petroleum final.

What if we were able to choose to place a 2 week lockout on a raid, but receive double the loot off the bosses? Or, a 3 week timer, with triple the loot? 3 seems a little much, as it would allow easier killing of currently accessible bosses.
    Bad idea as when you server transfer raid locks are reset. Back to back server transfer exploit every week.