Page 1 of 2
LastLast

JUST dinged 80 today, what now?

Just dinged 80 today on my prot pally (tanked in TBC, but left for a while), got my glyphs, and a tanking set, the problem is, most of my gear if from TBC, and trying to get geared up for WotLK, where should I start? I have no money for the AH btw, only about 600g.

Thank you for your time.

Re: JUST dinged 80 today, what now?

Get a some of your buddies to do random heroics with you and get badge gear

15+ Year Old Account

let the games begin

farm heroics nax10/25, OS10/25, VoA10/25(id dps this one, atleast for koralon) and probably Uld10/25 and ToC10 once you get enough badge gear
    Waiting on Cata
    SCII: Naret
    WoW: Naret, Destromath US

Quote Originally Posted by Juneah
    Get a some of your buddies to do random heroics with you and get badge gear
    after that, go make an alt

Read guides about your class, Gems talents glyphs stats. etc etc

Run random normal dungeons. get some 200 ilvl items and maybe some from AH if you
    got extra cash

Run ToC 5 man Normal,

When youve got some gear just start running Random heroic's in LFG..
    Tho your gona get kicked afew times but thats normal ;P...

Buy upgrades, 232-245 ilvl, once youve got everything from
    triumph vendor go for conquest vendor and get what you need there.

etc etc ... just keep doing instances etc and youll get everything you need soon
    or later,

Also id rather DPS to start with, people dont trust tanks with under 50k hp (lol) ...
    even if its shit gear just start with it

Random heroics to the extreme to help with gear farming and try pugging some raids if you can

Quote Originally Posted by Firecrest
    Emphasis on the "get some of your buddies". Please don't subject 4 random PUGs to your 22k buffed HP badness.
    Cause the amount of HP you have you when you first ding 80 clearly states your skill lvl amirte, get out of here with your useless trolling asshatery.

[Banhammer, Kungen's Bane]

1.60 sp mace
    150 str
    268 sta
    77 defense
    80 dodge
    93 parry
    "As you look upon the mace, you hear the whining of a thousand fanboys. Something deep with in your soul makes it impossible to think anything but 'lol.'"

Now that you just hit 80, regret leveling and wish you could have just stayed 70.

now you spam the heroic dungeon assembler thingy

gear is the thing of the past lol

Quote Originally Posted by Tumble
    get out of here with your useless trolling
    Yea, the poor guy is just asking for some advice! I think it's a good sign that he's here asking for advice in the first place, I mean isn't that what we all tell nubs in the first place? Go research what do do? Well this guy is.

Anyway, first thing I'd do is ToC normal. Max your professions, and make use of them. It's imperative to get a money maker going asap through your professions. Start on those Hodir dailies asap. Start on those tournie dailies asap. Once you've exhausted ToC normal, step up to random heroics. Progress from that to ToC H and the 3 new ICC H's.

But the best advice I can give you is find some friends, and a guild, that are selfless and smart players. No matter how much work you put into your character, you'll eventually get lonely, and eventually realize that strength is in numbers.

Good luck! Don't go Ret!

how did you level up and only have 600g?
    Pondering returning.
    Nikoll - Retribution Paladin

10+ Year Old Account

Q as damage, /follow, collect badges.

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by hajomaro
    let the games begin

You just dinged 80 today? Nice! You'll probably be in full epics by the end of the day.
    If a shaman tells you that he can't tank, he's just not doing it right.

Quote Originally Posted by Nikoll
    he may of just bought epic flight, thats 4k gold gone if exalted with the home faction, not cheap for a fresh 80 (also assuming only 80 from the leaning of the OP).

So please, give him a break.

On a note, I'm going to reinforce that you should try and max/get over 400 for your profs so you can get the bonuses there. Also teh gold making potential for most professions opens up at teh 400+ skill levels (enchanting and JC combo excluded, you make money from 350+ now-a-days)

Quote Originally Posted by Nikoll
    Money is nothing to be concerned with, with greed for DE now you can get decent money from dungeons if your lucky. Oh and try to go H An and get Essence of Gossamer, its a great trinket to start, and a pretty good trinket in general.

a few runs to TOC normal should give you some goodies to start smashing thru the easyer hcs and naxx
    good luck

and btw.start doing hodir dailyes + argent tournament ull have cash in NO TIME
    To play those millions of minds,to watch them slowly respond to an unseen stimulus to guide theyr aspiration without theyr knowledge-all this whether in high capacities or in humble,is a big and endless game of chess of ever extraordinary excitement
    -sydney west-

Quote Originally Posted by Tumble
    Cause the amount of HP you have you when you first ding 80 clearly states your skill lvl amirte, get out of here with your useless trolling asshatery.
    Really. Trolling. No.

If you are undergeared, it is your responsibility to make up for that. It is completely irresponsible to subject four random people to you trying to do something that you are not equipped to do. I don't care if he's freaking Kungen rerolled. The guy said he's in mostly BC gear and is not able/willing to purchase or craft any upgrades. The "asshatery" would be for him to waste the time and repair gold of four random people for no reason. What happens when he takes his T5 into ToC and gets paired with a similarly geared healer? Wipes. That's what.

Bottom line. If you're not good/geared enough to fulfill your roll, you need to make sure it's made up for in some other way. In this case, the undergeared tank should make sure to bring along a decently geared healer that can keep him up or some amazing dps to speed through the kills.
    <WHAR LEWTS PLZ HALp>
    I'm bitter by default. Don't take it personally.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stir View Post
    Either give an argument, or be automatically wrong. Your choice.

Grind heroics till your eyes bleed!