Thread: Prot DPS

Prot DPS

Everyone knows tps and dps are so interelated its easy to think they were the same thing.

Now good tanks know that though that is true to a sense threat is and can be generated in alternate ways as well. That point being made.

With the -150% damage nerf to all warrior abilties that warriors recieved in patch 3.0(wasn't in 3.0 official patchnotes but it was confermed later) (thats why players shockwave strikes dropped from 4.5k to 1.2k you all saw it if you were a good tank)).
    They slowly rebalanced us up from those nerfs in the subsiquent patches to the point of now being -75% pre 3.0 damage numbers. (again also want to point out no tool tips or skill descriptions were ever changed during all these changes.)

Back in naxx25 in full tank regalia. I personally was doing about 3.8k-4.2k dps on single target tanking as prot. generating roughly 8k tps.

Since all these changes have gone through with new bosses and new encounters I was wondering what are other tanks now pulling in as numbers for DPS and TPS.

Im down from pre 3.0 numbers to what I think are decent at roughly 2.3k DPS and about 6k tps on single target encounters. Pretty much in any raiding enviroment. Doing more pending the encounter such as Twins in ToC.

Mind you my guild is a heavy set caster based orientation my leaders do not value the melee classes very much and often because of it our classes lack many benifits for example we almost never have hunters or enhancement shamans on raids. Don't ask me why the guild hunters never show and guild leader refuses outright to have enhancement shaman in guild.

With that being said what kinda numbers you guys hitting.

Re: Prot DPS

Quote Originally Posted by commanderkeen
    Back in naxx25 in full tank regalia. I personally was doing about 3.8k-4.2k dps on single target tanking as prot. generating roughly 8k tps.
    Man, you's a liar. There is nothing you can say to make me think this might possibly be true.

I lol'd.
    This space is available for rent!

Thaddius

Nuff said.
    When you shoop da whoop, you feel powerful and don't want to lose it, and then a guy in plate armor comes and turns your woop against the shoop, hence, making you got laz0red.

Guild No Quarter - www.nqguild.org

Deleted

What 150% damage nerf?

I don't know if you know this about me Joe Rogan....

I smoke rocks....
    When you shoop da whoop, you feel powerful and don't want to lose it, and then a guy in plate armor comes and turns your woop against the shoop, hence, making you got laz0red.

Guild No Quarter - www.nqguild.org

I spit my beer all over my computer when I read this one!

In answer to the question though, for me 1800-2000 dps. Threat is never an issue. All I can say about threat is "It is enough".