Ret paladin setups....

i need help pls any exp ppl can tell me good setups for retardin ?? i just start play pvp in this seson (7) in 2v2 i start play with rogue we make 2130 in 3v3 i try ret/rogue/priest we make only 1943 also i try warr/ret/rdruid we make 1900 so it doesnt work i am LF good setup in 2v2 (wanna play 2200+) and in 3v3 something about 2100 i know that is very important to find good ppls to party but maby anyone know in witch setup is easy to play with medium skilled partners. Tkanks for all answers.

P.S Sry for my bad english :P

Re: Ret paladin setups....

dude keep your partners. If you just started pvping and are hitting ratings like that that is a good thing. You gotta work together to become better.

But to answer your questions. You can run Ret/Rogue, Ret/Warrior, Ret/Holy Paladin(as if 1 bubble wasnt enough)
    for 3's you can run Ret/Rogue/Priest Ret/Warrior/Druid, Ret/Hunter/Druid.

Any of these you can work with and if your decent at pvp you should get to the 2k rating pretty quickly

what about gear ?? i know in 2v2 i must have mixed pve/pvp gear for burst but in 3v3 you tell me about rdruid/hunter/ret i think i must be more tankly when i wear full pvp gear i have 5k ap unbuff, 32,50% crit and something about 970 resi i should go less with resi or stay on that ??

Quote Originally Posted by ProphetNoata
    dude keep your partners. If you just started pvping and are hitting ratings like that that is a good thing. You gotta work together to become better.

But to answer your questions. You can run Ret/Rogue, Ret/Warrior, Ret/Holy Paladin(as if 1 bubble wasnt enough)
    for 3's you can run Ret/Rogue/Priest Ret/Warrior/Druid, Ret/Hunter/Druid.

Any of these you can work with and if your decent at pvp you should get to the 2k rating pretty quickly
    no you cant do double paladin. yes two bubbles and two HoJs, but you will still never kill anything, holypaladins can't go aggressive and certainly can't help do dmg, so it's basically your ret against their healer, and everyone knows, and healer can oulast a ret's dmg. (plus no cc from pallys)
    ret-warrior is also the worst setup ever, seriously, what are you smoking. maybe double prot, but only if that protwarr is in full relentless gear with LOTS of skill.

I would suggest: Mage, Warlock(destro), rogue, maybe even somethign exotic like shadowpriest or feral druid. With a healer, try druid, or Shaman(very good), these two can be very aggressive and help you kill something (wrath/lavaburst)
    plus the Bloodlust is a big dmg boost to ret dmg.

for pve gear, stick with what you got, the only thing that is better than relentless is t10 or icc25 gear, but if you have toc25 or tgoc10 gear, don't wear any pve at all

hmmm maby my q is not for my topic but how can i make WoW Signature?? i make this in Generator but how i can put it in my profile ??

Quote Originally Posted by Bananengurke
    no you cant do double paladin. yes two bubbles and two HoJs, but you will still never kill anything, holypaladins can't go aggressive and certainly can't help do dmg, so it's basically your ret against their healer, and everyone knows, and healer can oulast a ret's dmg. (plus no cc from pallys)
    ret-warrior is also the worst setup ever, seriously, what are you smoking. maybe double prot, but only if that protwarr is in full relentless gear with LOTS of skill.

I would suggest: Mage, Warlock(destro), rogue, maybe even somethign exotic like shadowpriest or feral druid. With a healer, try druid, or Shaman(very good), these two can be very aggressive and help you kill something (wrath/lavaburst)
    plus the Bloodlust is a big dmg boost to ret dmg.

for pve gear, stick with what you got, the only thing that is better than relentless is t10 or icc25 gear, but if you have toc25 or tgoc10 gear, don't wear any pve at all
    With skill anything is possible. ive seen and played the comps that you say are horrible and had i had a better partner would have gotten past 1800's.

And if your gonna pick a healer dont do shaman. Once their trinket is blown on a double dps team is is gonna be very hard for him to survive compared to a druid hots and your sig you take the code and put in your profile

Played with arms and rogue in 2's to 1800+, Spriest and Rsham to 2k+

Many things work with a ret tbh, would like to try feral/ret. But, 2's == broken bracket, don't waste to much time on it (

???:warrior:
    http://ask-a-ret.blogspot.com/ - Best paladin blog EU no jk.

Quote Originally Posted by myrkyr
    Nerd rage moar!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Raiss
    He probably tried to kill a resto druid at WSG, got cycloned and started a new thread complaning how ret paladins are bad for pvp.

i think in season 6 there was a ret/ele sham team that made 2600. the shaman name was beldric. one of my idols =)

Quote Originally Posted by Babalouu
    i need help pls any exp ppl can tell me good setups for retardin ??
    I stopped reading after this. Have some respect for the spec.
    R.I.P Ronnie James Dio 1942 - 2010

2v2

Ret/D Priest
    Ret/R Druid
    Ret/Rogue
    Ret/Mage

These comps to seem to work the best for 2v2.

3v3

Ret Rogue Preist
    Ret Rogue Druid
    Ret Hunter Priest

These comps seem to work the best for 3v3 as a ret paladin.

You can also look here http://www.sk-gaming.com/arena/team/3 for other comps that you might like to run.

Ret/Hunter/Priest or Druid teams were pretty good in Season 7, I imagine they'll be the same in Season 8 when more gear becomes readily available. They're the sworn enemy of Double Healer teams, but that might change with the resilience change, depending on how the whole thing works out in the end. It can pull off impressive burst against many team combos out there. Also, in Ret/Hunter/X, you usually wear a good amount of PvP gear while your hunter mixes with the PvE and PvP gear.
    Quote Originally Posted by squirrelbot
    CLEARLY this is blizzard ONCE AGAIN catering to casuals. Us hardcore have no problem with taking an extra 8 seconds to cast a basic camp fire. That's how it's been for years. This game just gets easier and easier, Blizzard may as well just hand out free camp fires all over the major cities at this point!

Right now my comp is Ret(me)/Frost Mage/Disc priest. If you are any good at timing ccs right this comp is amazing. One game the disc priest d/ced before getting into the arena and it was just me and the frost mage vs. Resto Shammy, Prot Pally(i think), and a Huntard. Right off the bat locked the shammy and took him down really quickly and ended up winning 2v3 with no healer. Mainly its about how good of players you got on ur team but i think Ret Pally, Frost mage, Disc Priest is a very viable comp. Again its a cc battle with this comp so if ur not good at timing ccs dont go with this comp.

http://www.wowarmory.com/arena-game....n&gid=21726759 if you want to see that stats of the game.

Wild Warrior uses Shattering Throw..... Its SUPER effective.

Quote Originally Posted by Pally_Power
    Ret/Hunter/Priest or Druid teams were pretty good in Season 7, I imagine they'll be the same in Season 8 when more gear becomes readily available. They're the sworn enemy of Double Healer teams, but that might change with the resilience change, depending on how the whole thing works out in the end. It can pull off impressive burst against many team combos out there. Also, in Ret/Hunter/X, you usually wear a good amount of PvP gear while your hunter mixes with the PvE and PvP gear.
    1. Find Hunter
    2. Find Healer (No paladins)
    3. Glyph salvation
    4. 800 resil stack pve gear
    5. ???
    6. Gladiator
    Because some players aren't looking for anything logical, like loot. They can't be bought, bullied, reasoned or negotiated with. Some players just want to watch the group fail.

I would suggest finding a good shadowpriest (if you are certain you're not gonna keep runnig with your rogue) for 2v2 since if you can get a good cc chain doing stuff will die helluva quick.
    But ret/rogue is one of the strongest comps for rets in 2v2. (at least in my opinion)
    Quote Originally Posted by Arhippa
    When you take GC and replace G with C, C with H and add INA you get CHINA !

Coincidence ? I DON'T THINK SO.
    Quote Originally Posted by Necrotan
    Take your nerfs like a man and not some spec hopping bandwagon groupie.
    http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Vashj&n=Aletra

Quote Originally Posted by Gauldo
    Right now my comp is Ret(me)/Frost Mage/Disc priest. If you are any good at timing ccs right this comp is amazing. One game the disc priest d/ced before getting into the arena and it was just me and the frost mage vs. Resto Shammy, Prot Pally(i think), and a Huntard. Right off the bat locked the shammy and took him down really quickly and ended up winning 2v3 with no healer. Mainly its about how good of players you got on ur team but i think Ret Pally, Frost mage, Disc Priest is a very viable comp. Again its a cc battle with this comp so if ur not good at timing ccs dont go with this comp.

http://www.wowarmory.com/arena-game....n&gid=21726759 if you want to see that stats of the game.

Dude, your at 1300, you could 1 on 3 them

ret / druid / warrior, ret / rogue / druid, ret / hunter / druid, ret / hunter / disc priest.

All of them works fine, ret / warrior / druid actually took r1 on alot of bgs

You should DEFINATELY get a hunter for 3v3. (If you can find a solid MM hunter that is)

Hunter/ret for dps's in 3s have huge synergies, the hunter provides a ranged MS and an interrupt, while the retri can provide the hunter with freedoms and stuff.
    I run ret/hunter/restoshaman (previously ret/hunter/rdruid) in 3s and i also run ret/hunter in 2s (2300 rating). Most of our kills comes from just pressuring something and when i get my chimera/aimed shot ready we just do a hard switch to something else. People die in like scatter ->silencing shot on the healer nowdays.

You might think that this is a "wtfburst"-setup where the new resilience change matters so much that you're pressure is somewhat lost. But most fights are all about surviving the first minute, wherefrom you can start landing a whole freezing trap on the healer and just gibb anything. When that freezing trap (or double cyclone -> repentance) lands something is going to die.

I can recommend any healer for this setup, but you should consider a restoshaman or discpriest over a druid. (If this resilience change is like really big and most games last very long you should get a restodruid)