Poll: Do you like it?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Blizzards new quest tracker

I personally like it, but I do miss the quick routes that Quest Helper gives you. I may switch back when Cataclysm comes out.

So my improvements would be:
    1) Give the quester a route to complete the quests as quickly as possible.
    2) An "in flight timer" would be nice(will be pointless when Cata comes out since you can fly in the old world at somepoint).
    3) An easy switch, to help toggle your quest tracking map without having to switch it off in the interface.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account

Re: Blizzards new quest tracker

Haven't used it much - dailies that I already knew where everything was - but really enjoying the layout. With that said, I never used QuestHelper or Carbonite, so I'm seeing it as a pure improvement over the old system, rather than a "rival" to an addon.

I have encountered one problem, though... Pre-3.3, I was able to change an option and then move the automatic quest-tracking "window" on my screen. Since 3.3, I've been unable to move it... and it's position (once I moved my minimap) is right on my buffs/debuffs... which means the first three or so quests are VERY hard to "track." Sort of makes the automatic quest tracking worthless.

Why is there no QQ, like "Stop Dumbing down the game" answer?

I think if the game needs a quest helper addon as standard then this is as far as it should go. I don't see the need for one personally especially not built into the game and if they went as far as it automatically working out the quickest routes to do the quests then I would say it had gone too far. You may as well make auto-attack output the best rotation for your class and then put in an auto pilot so you can just collect quests and then go AFK. In fact why have quests at all, at least quests with some kind of story line, why not just grind mobs to level. Even better just get auto lvl 85 when you create a new character that would save even more time, effort and negate having to pay attention to a game at all!

There's some things I can commend mod makers for making but at the same time don't think they should be part of the game as standard especially with the release of a new expansion I don't think auto directing people is the correct way to go because it's a game that should be experienced for it's full flavor instead of taking a quest and then going to where the arrow says!

Quote Originally Posted by grevari
    1) Give the quester a route to complete the quests as quickly as possible.
    Spose you want the quest to auto-complete the moment you accept it aswell.

Questhelper just made questing mindless grinding. As least now you have to LOOK where the numbers are on the minimap to group them. If you can't do that/are to lazy to do that..
    "If you need to add '10char' to be able to post, don't bother posting at all."

ok... you guys are taking this too far... I wasn't going for a HEY MAKE THE GAME EASIER. type of thing. I do see your point about it though. It does add to the already ease of the game. But please lets stick to the idea at hand and not make this another thread about "Blizz is making the game too easy" There are enough of those out there for any of us to qq on.

(ohh and for reference, I was wanting that quick route for my dailies. yeah I know where to go but sometimes when you are grinding things anyway, it is nice to do it as fast as possible)

I'm pretty sure Blizz only put it in because it's an in-game feature in other MMOs, like Warhammer. Basically, if you don't like it, don't use it.

I like it's layout, thats about it.

It's bugged as hell. If I'm in borean tundra I still get the question marks from my dailies in icecrown on my map. I don't know which monster's I should kill etc + it ruins my cartographer. I'm sticking to questhelper.

Made by Cazy!
    Massively Oversized Avatar removed - Cilraaz

It has some bugs like showing ally quest givers for Hord players some times.

What I don't like is that I have to zoom in to the zone to see what quests I have in that zone, I would like to see all my quests out in the world view and then zoom in for grater detail on them.