Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast

Re: Wich Ret T10 PC to choose first ?

All t9 was. Ugly. So unpaladin. Not that t10 is very paladin but it looks miles beter.
    Pondering returning.
    Nikoll - Retribution Paladin

Quote Originally Posted by Nikoll
    All t9 was. Ugly. So unpaladin. Not that t10 is very paladin but it looks miles beter.
    T9 is one of the best paladin sets in the game [for the Alliance at least so i guess your a blood elf paly].

P.s. T10 sucks big time... wth... why did they made our legs a robe again... we use plate ffs.

Quote Originally Posted by starwarriors
    T9 is one of the best paladin sets in the game [for the Alliance at least so i guess your a blood elf paly].

P.s. T10 sucks big time... wth... why did they made our legs a robe again... we use plate ffs.
    It's a Kilt. And Tier 10 looks SUPER cool in Game. At least on Blood Elves. As for Tier 9, It was more Horde'ish than Paladin'ish anyways but I liked it. ^^

Still my favourite sets are Tier 2 > Tier 6 > Tier 10.

Made by myself while I'm bored..

Quote Originally Posted by Luthius
    It's a Kilt. And Tier 10 looks SUPER cool in Game. At least on Blood Elves. As for Tier 9, It was more Horde'ish than Paladin'ish anyways but I liked it. ^^

Still my favourite sets are Tier 2 > Tier 6 > Tier 10.
    Yeh t2/6 and 9 for me [9 the ally 1] and again yes! your right about the B elf version and t10 on b elfs but all kilts/robes and stuff looks wierd on human paladins.

Yeh t2/6 and 9 for me [9 the ally 1] and again yes! your right about the B elf version and t10 on b elfs but all kilts/robes and stuff looks wierd on human paladins.
    If you don't like em on your male toon, get a sex change then. Kilts on paladins are just as appropriate as kilts on a shaman. No one really says anything because they expect them on shaman. It's part of the class's description, lore, and design. Get over it. They look awesome.

Win7(64)Pro - Intel 3770K @ 4.5GHz - 4x4GB DDR3 G Skill Ripjaws X - XFX Radeon HD 7970 - Samsung EVO 500GB SSD

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Prentice
    If you don't like em on your male toon, get a sex change then. Kilts on paladins are just as appropriate as kilts on a shaman. No one really says anything because they expect them on shaman. It's part of the class's description, lore, and design. Get over it. They look awesome.
    Or Re-roll Draenei >___________>

It's not a kilt. Look up kilts on Google. Personally I think it's just part of a robe. :P

Anyhow, I'll be going for the shoulders and gloves first. After that I'll grab the chest and helmet, and equip those so I can get 4T10. I don't know if I'll pick up the legs. Plenty of expertise on other gear and I don't like the robe-ish look.

I disagree with that statement. From a lore perspective its not appropriate at all. All 5 of the first paladins were knights given holy powers, not priests. No Paladin wore a robe until Blizzard came out with the Judgement set. Read the Ashbringer comic, the book has Paladins on every page, hundreds of them, yet not a single one wears a robe or kilt. Blizzard has even mentioned the only reason T8 and T10 are robes are because people loved T2 so much.

I was the first person to get full T2 on my realm, I also had 4 piece T2 before they even changed the graphic to what we have now. I had it back when it was a generic blue and black plate, with a headband for the helm. When I went into AQ 40 the very first thing I spent DKP on was the leggings so I could get rid of my dress. People loved T2 from the waist up. If you ever saw the legged version of the set, which is used by some NPCs in game, it looks much better.

Now if Blizzard actually gave us a knee length kilt I would be for that, but they don't they give us robes that just look bad. We are a plate wearing class that by lore are horse riding knights, which if any of these Paladins wore this robes in lore, they'd have to ride side saddle like a chick.

Quote Originally Posted by Bling
    I disagree with that statement. From a lore perspective its not appropriate at all. All 5 of the first paladins were knights given holy powers, not priests. No Paladin wore a robe until Blizzard came out with the Judgement set. Read the Ashbringer comic, the book has Paladins on every page, hundreds of them, yet not a single one wears a robe or kilt. Blizzard has even mentioned the only reason T8 and T10 are robes are because people loved T2 so much.
    A paladin, aka holy knight, is not just a Warcraft class. When I refer to the lore and description, I am not simply referring to the pigeonholed description that Blizzard gave their holy knights. You can find images of knights in plate skirts, kilts, dresses, robes, or whatever you choose to call them all over the internet with little effort.

Try not to be quite so narrow-minded. Blizzard made a game. Some of its storyline has real historic connections. Blizzard did not write the history of the world.

Quote Originally Posted by Alendar
    It's not a kilt. Look up kilts on Google. Personally I think it's just part of a robe. :P
    Because you found one picture of a Scotsman in a plaid cloth mini-skirt, that means that kilts have to be cloth and short??

Win7(64)Pro - Intel 3770K @ 4.5GHz - 4x4GB DDR3 G Skill Ripjaws X - XFX Radeon HD 7970 - Samsung EVO 500GB SSD

Quote Originally Posted by Athael
    The T9 4pc. bonus is incredibly weak. I believe the ElitistJerks retribution thread listed it as only a 1-2% DPS increase.
    I dont know where you saw this but the ret thread im reading says this:
    4pc: 5% more crit to our judgements is paltry and probably our worst set bonus in wotlk. It works out to a ~0.5% dps increase.

Could be further on in the thread but this was in the tier bonus section.

Quote Originally Posted by Kandrassan
    Real tanks block with their hands. And parry with their dicks. Dodging is for pussies.

10+ Year Old Account

that and a dress made out of chain - mail is actually plausible, whereas plate... not so much. Plate doesn't have the ability to flex like mail does.
    Look up, see the buzzards circling?

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Serryn
    that and a dress made out of chain - mail is actually plausible, whereas plate... not so much. Plate doesn't have the ability to flex like mail does.
    No- but Blizzard won't put in a new texture for layered plate when they can simply use the skirt one. If the pants were in "Actual 3d", you'd see layers.

15+ Year Old Account

everything look weird on human male paladin.. everything!

10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Ronark
    No- but Blizzard won't put in a new texture for layered plate when they can simply use the skirt one. If the pants were in "Actual 3d", you'd see layers.
    Meh, i dont really care... i'm just worried my draenei is going to trip over her skirt while chasing mobs around. they should give us high heels to go with it =P

Quote Originally Posted by Serryn
    Meh, i dont really care... i'm just worried my draenei is going to trip over her skirt while chasing mobs around. they should give us high heels to go with it =P
    Why not just make em Heely's while you're at it. Mayhaps they could grant an additional 10% run/skate speed.

10+ Year Old Account

Why not just make em Heely's while you're at it. Mayhaps they could grant an additional 10% run/skate speed.
    20% if moving downhill.

10% increase on rocket boot speed boost as well.

A paladin, aka holy knight, is not just a Warcraft class. When I refer to the lore and description, I am not simply referring to the pigeonholed description that Blizzard gave their holy knights. You can find images of knights in plate skirts, kilts, dresses, robes, or whatever you choose to call them all over the internet with little effort.

Try not to be quite so narrow-minded. Blizzard made a game. Some of its storyline has real historic connections. Blizzard did not write the history of the world.
    But.... THIS IS WARCRAFT. Its not Warhammer, its not Diablo, its not some random fantasy art of a holy knight, its Warcraft. Just cause you found some Warrior priest in Warhammer wearing a robe with plate armor over it doesn't mean any Paladin in Warcraft is gonna dress like that. Just because you see those pictures on the internet doesn't mean people dress like that in real life does it? Its two seperate things, Warhammer and Warcraft are seperate things just like Warhammer and real life are.

By the way here's the definition for Kilt

kilt
      /kɪlt/ Show Spelled Pronunciation [kilt] Show IPA
    Use Kilt in a Sentence
    See web results for Kilt
    See images of Kilt
    –noun
    1. any short, pleated skirt, esp. a tartan wraparound, as that worn by men in the Scottish Highlands.
    –verb (used with object)
    2. to draw or tuck up, as the skirt, about oneself.
    3. to provide (a skirt) with kilt pleats.
    Origin:
    1300–50; ME kylte, perh. < Scand; cf. Dan kilte to tuck up

Related forms:
    kiltlike, adjective
    HOLY CRAP. It is a short pleated skirt!! I mean screw standard practice and definition...by your standards you could just find a picture of someone in a dress calling it a kilt and it would be fine right?

15+ Year Old Account

But.... THIS IS WARCRAFT. Its not Warhammer, its not Diablo, its not some random fantasy art of a holy knight, its Warcraft. Just cause you found some Warrior priest in Warhammer wearing a robe with plate armor over it doesn't mean any Paladin in Warcraft is gonna dress like that. Just because you see those pictures on the internet doesn't mean people dress like that in real life does it? Its two seperate things, Warhammer and Warcraft are seperate things just like Warhammer and real life are.

real paladin ftw
    robe + mail + plate

HOLY CRAP. It is a short pleated skirt!! I mean screw standard practice and definition...by your standards you could just find a picture of someone in a dress calling it a kilt and it would be fine right?
    A kilt is what everyone calls it. As I mentioned before,
    You can find images of knights in plate skirts, kilts, dresses, robes, or whatever you choose to call them all over the internet with little effort.
    you can call it whatever the hell you want to. Many of things you will find in this game have some correlation with things you can find in the real world minus the clearly obvious ones like demons, shadow bolts, and portals to name a few (clarifying since you are having troubles reading and like to nitpick everything I type).

So you're saying that because Blizzard created a class that they chose to call paladins, it shouldn't be like any other semblance of a paladin anyone else has ever had?? Are we truly that unique to be completely redefined from what anyone else would conceive a holy knight to look like? I have never played Warhammer, Diablo, Guild Wars, Everquest or any other MMO, FYI. I haven't the foggiest idea what their characters look like.

Keep being a mental midget and thinking that World of Warcraft is completely unique when compared to anything else in the world. The developers are creative but they aren't that good.

I think I'll just call it a dress from now on. That way the homophobes like you that take issue with our garb can be even more upset when the rest of us refer to the piece of gear we equip in our leg slot.

10+ Year Old Account

this could be easily solved by a "show pants" option... such as "show cloak" and "show helm"

hell why isnt there one for each gear slot... it'd be a blast to raid naked.

but really... if you want to play a class just because of how the tier gear looks... roll warlock. theirs usually looks the best in my opinion. if not... get over it. Hell you could even go 4set with helm/chest/shoulders/hands and use non-set legs!