Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ...

Re: Is ninja looting getting out of hand?

In my battlegroup vindication eu we dont seem to have much problems with ninja looting, or at least i havent. I usually run as a tank since it gets me groups faster and i dont really need any dps gear in there either apart from a trinket which is a soso upgrade anyway and most times i've asked its been ok for me to need on it anyway even tho it never dropped in the end.

I dont like the suggested system tho since it would basically force some of us who are dps-mainspec but choose to tank anyway since it makes ques faster to go back to only dpsing.

TL;DR
    I mainspec dps, but tank heroics for the ques. The proposed system would remove that.

Everybody is a ninja, ...
    You only need food and water and warm clothing, rest is just luxuary imo

im healer offspec and i always heal the random heroic, because i get faster a group. so i shouldnt be allowed to roll for my mainspec because currently im on offspec?
    or i had to wait 10minutes for a group to ensure i am able to roll for mainspec

dont get me wrong, generally its a good idea, but it has some flaws
    Quote Originally Posted by SurePlay
    Most Loved : [...] Germans (yea German people are actually awesome, fuck the World War sterotype bullshit)

10+ Year Old Account

Enhancement Shaman. Lost the first drop of Black Icicle I've ever seen to the Druid who was healing.

The Staff of Feral Furies (an iLvl 200 weapon purchasable with champion seals) is a better Feral weapon. Goddamn I raged. That's not even something you can argue like "oh feral is my offspec". That's just being a greedy douche needing on something just because you can. Enjoying that 22 gold from vendoring that crap? Asshole.

You know, we can blame ninjas and off-spec rolls and people who can be assholes across servers and queuing faster to get into dungeons faster, etc. But the whole problem could have been avoided if Blizz didn't give away raid-quality epics in 5-mans puggable dungeons.

Quote Originally Posted by Kirbysdance
    You know, we can blame ninjas and off-spec rolls and people who can be assholes across servers and queuing faster to get into dungeons faster, etc. But the whole problem could have been avoided if Blizz didn't give away raid-quality epics in 5-mans puggable dungeons.
    How inconsiderate of Blizzard to not require each new alt/toon to spend 2 months begging for runs through earlier tiers of content before they can begin to join in with their friends on new content.

Quote Originally Posted by Cactrot
    hahaha, I love the fact that you think everyone should roll on BoE epics too. Nope, those should go to whoever can use them first. You're greedy.

Yes. They are doing you a favor. Go ahead and votekick tanks who intend to take DPS gear. Half a second later they will be in another group anyway. I also don't buy your "the vote kick passes" crap anyway. On my BG there's damn near zero percent chance of that happening.

They aren't ninjaing anything. They showed up to the group, and did their job. They earned it every bit as much as you did. They also did the less desirable job that there is a higher demand for. The fact that they are more helpful to the system than you are (able to do a job there is a high demand for, or maybe even 2 jobs) doesn't mean they don't deserve the loot.

It doesn't matter though. Blizzard will never do anything to stop tanks from rolling on DPS gear, because it would screw their LFG system. It'd screw the players. Fortunately they won't screw up a system for the sake of some greedy DPSer who doesn't realize how replaceable he is.

TLDR: Sucks to be you. Rocks to be a tank/healer.

Edit: Oh, and for the record. I've yet to be in a group that had a problem with me needing on DPS gear. Probably because I'm an asset to the group, not some jerk DPS thinking he's god's gift to LFG.
    The childish arrogance in your posts is amazing.

No matter what you may think, being a tank (or a healer) does not give you the right to roll need on every drop. They showed up and did their job and earned gear for their role, just like the DPS earned DPS gear.

Greedy scumbags like you are the problem with this otherwise great system.

Quote Originally Posted by Theendgamelv3
    All you tanks (the over geared tanks who are rolling on dps gear) are basically going "screw you dps". It takes you SOO much less time to gear up cause you CAN get into instances faster than dps. Not only will you roll on dps gear, you can get emblems faster than dps as well due to you getting into groups faster. Tanks are abusing the system. As for the idea screwing up the system, my butt it does. ALOT of people farm emblems. Look at it this way, you can not get your upgrades without doing herorics. If the opening's idea ever goes through, guess what tanks, either go in raids to upgrade or suck it up and roll on tank gear or actually play dps.

The idea that the opening's idea would make the tank shortage worse is wrong cause everyone wants a upgrade. People who want to upgrade their tanking gear will OMG run as tanks. Tanks are needed. If there are no tanks, guess what, people will roll tank. Raids can't succeed without tanks. There will be always a need for them. You also forget that some people love playing as a tank. It wasn't like pugs were THAT hard to come by before the system. DPS didn't go into LFG to run it to only watch the tank take all the dps gear. There is little point in running instances as dps. As for the tanks who ask first and are willing to give up their roll if they see the dps needs it, you are good guys and all tanks should be like you.

Tanks are doing dps a favor, so are dps doing a favor for the tank. Go freaking grab a healer and 2m heroics and see how that goes for you. You MIGHT finish the instance, but was it really worth all that time to do it? DPS should compete with other dps for dps gear, not some impatient tank who has to have dps gear NOW who thinks they deserve anything they want cause they did a "service". Tanks are not god's gift to LFG as well. Alot of people don't usually speak up cause a tank is needed. All I have to say is that if I am on my holy paladin and I see some plate wearing tank rolling on dps gear, I am gonna need on that gear even if I don't need it so I can give it to one of the guys who actually waited and had more than 1 tank screw them over. If that tank actually has a upgrade for tanking gear, guess what, I am gonna lie and say I offspec is prot and roll need and if one of the dps has a tanking spec, I am trading it to them. Thankfully my main is a hunter.
    No, you're doing me no favors. I can just as easily and happily get a group with all cloth, leather and mail wearers and complete the instance. Any instance.

Generally, I don't roll on dps crap because I end up with off-spec raid stuff after it drops for the 3rd time. But still, don't kid yourself. As plate dps, you bring nothing to a 5 man that can't be done just as well by somebody with no loot conflict with the tank.

Quote Originally Posted by pinkduck
    Oh god, i sure hope I don't reincarnate into a bad DPS because of my bad karma. It would suck to have to cry every patch because I'm afraid to lose my raid spot.

Quote Originally Posted by Schippi
    im healer offspec and i always heal the random heroic, because i get faster a group. so i shouldnt be allowed to roll for my mainspec because currently im on offspec?
    or i had to wait 10minutes for a group to ensure i am able to roll for mainspec

dont get me wrong, generally its a good idea, but it has some flaws
    nope its a 5 man not a raid. Raids you roll mainspec first always. 5 mans I'm rolling dps even though I'm healer first. I don't care

Lost Tyrannical Beheader to paladin with 245 weapon.. he left after roll. im using colossal still... meh. how gay is that!

http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sh...eggar&cn=Grohu . . .

The system is quite unfair to DPS. If theres the same of one type of class.

i.e. 2 mages get into a group and need an item. Only one of them is going to get it while the tank and healer get every item that they "need". Unless you could configure the LFG system to have 3 different types of DPS but that would depend on Battlegroup and still be unfair to people with slower internet speeds.

15+ Year Old Account

Old thread is old, and all that.