Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst

Re: ShockAndAwe v5.61 released

Quote Originally Posted by Levva
    Coded a fix for this. It was only updating the last dropped magma time if you were showing the fire totem bar. As a result the magma totem was always available to be dropped.
    Thanks for the new version.

Question! The option for the MT is to refresh some number of ticks. What interval do those ticks occur? I ask because I'd probably like to translate ticks into seconds in my brain.

10+ Year Old Account

Intel - Core i7-8700K 3.7GHz | MSI - Z370 GAMING PRO CARBON AC | Corsair - Vengeance LED 32GB DDR4-3400 Memory | Samsung - 960 EVO 500GB M.2-2280 Solid State Drive | Samsung - 850 Pro Series 1TB 2.5" Solid State Drive | EVGA - GeForce GTX 1080 8GB ACX 3.0 Video Card | Corsair - 850W ATX Power Supply | 2 x HP - Omen 27 27.0" 2560x1440 165Hz Monitor | Microsoft - Windows 10 Home 64-bit

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by Apra
    Question! The option for the MT is to refresh some number of ticks. What interval do those ticks occur? I ask because I'd probably like to translate ticks into seconds in my brain.
    Its every 2 seconds. I went for ticks for two reasons... 1) Each 'tick' you refresh early is potential dps, you aren't losing dps by refreshing early only using more mana per dps so each tick you refresh early is mana lost 2) EnhSim also sets the rate in terms of ticks so an export option can be added (it isn't yet) to include this in the EnhSim export.

Levva:

Just FYI, the addon does not appear to be reducing the timer bar cooldown of Fire Nova when Glyph of Fire Nova is in use.

Thanks much!

Quote Originally Posted by Andunie
    Levva:

Just FYI, the addon does not appear to be reducing the timer bar cooldown of Fire Nova when Glyph of Fire Nova is in use.

Thanks much!
    post it here Andunie
    http://wow.curseforge.com/addons/shockandawe/tickets/
    http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Fizzcrank&n=Detramental

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by Andunie
    Levva:

Thanks much!
    Yeah Fire Nova glyph is for PvP so I didn't bother with it. I suppose I could for people who think its useful for trash. Might need to get it to flash up a warning that you are doing it wrong if using Fire Nova glyph on a boss fight.

Yeah Fire Nova glyph is for PvP so I didn't bother with it. I suppose I could for people who think its useful for trash. Might need to get it to flash up a warning that you are doing it wrong if using Fire Nova glyph on a boss fight.
    I must whole-heartedly disagree with you on this one. I've found Fire Nova glyph + talent to be a substantial DPS upgrade in even single target boss fights. Its a huge "duh" for trash, obviously, and since 90% of the game is trash it should be fairly important to your lil system, IMO.

Since spec/glyphing for FN, my DPS has gone far beyond what your RAWR says should be my potential dps (beyond BiS as well), so I suggest you give it another look.

I suggest you post up your "claimed" reports otherwise your post is just big words and nothing to back it up. Post up some logs with these incredible numbers you are seeing.

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by CTHL
    I must whole-heartedly disagree with you on this one. I've found Fire Nova glyph + talent to be a substantial DPS upgrade in even single target boss fights. Its a huge "duh" for trash, obviously, and since 90% of the game is trash it should be fairly important to your lil system, IMO.

Since spec/glyphing for FN, my DPS has gone far beyond what your RAWR says should be my potential dps (beyond BiS as well), so I suggest you give it another look.
    I HAVE done the numbers for single target fights I've written code for the sim as well. Now unless you are just trolling, in which case I'll simply ban you, then you should post your data. EVERY single trusted theorycrafter who has crunched the numbers has come up with a MASSIVE dps loss using that glyph. So I'm interested to see how you calculated it was "a substantial DPS upgrade in even single target boss fights".

I'm not that interested in multi-target fights - I know it does well there (assuming large enough additional numbers). What I am interested in is your PROOF of "a substantial DPS upgrade in even single target boss fights".

I don't think you will be able to post such proof, as I think you are trolling. I'll give you a few days to prove me wrong.

Just a little note to those, who already got their 2 pieces of T10:

If you set the 'Shamanistic Rage Level%' to 101 (manually typing it in the edit box), then the priority frame will tell you to use it on CD. This is a temporary solution until Shamanistic Rage gets implemented in the priority list.

Quote Originally Posted by eXoskel
    Just a little note to those, who already got their 2 pieces of T10:

If you set the 'Shamanistic Rage Level%' to 101 (manually typing it in the edit box), then the priority frame will tell you to use it on CD. This is a temporary solution until Shamanistic Rage gets implemented in the priority list.
    100 works just as fine. Hopefully it wont take long to implement an option to show it when its off CD on a boss, but only below x% on trash.

Quote Originally Posted by Toez
    100 works just as fine. Hopefully it wont take long to implement an option to show it when its off CD on a boss, but only below x% on trash.
    Setting it to 100 just won't work correctly, because the Shamanistic Rage warning works like this: If you have LESS mana, than 'Shamanistic Rage Level%', then S&A triggers the warning. If you have 100% mana for about 4-5 seconds, then it'll be a DPS loss. However, this situation may only appear really rarely.

Deleted

Ah ofc we need to be able to specify SR in priority with a conditional to just use it when available. I'll add this as SR & SR_Boss I think.

Ah ofc we need to be able to specify SR in priority with a conditional to just use it when available. I'll add this as SR & SR_Boss I think.
    Yeah, that would be really cool.

Thank you for your work Levva with ShockAndAwe and EnhSim, and Happy New Year for all the shamans out there in the community.