Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst
LastLast

Re: Fragment of Val'anyr drop rate - stealth buff?

hahah random pickup but that made me lol
    LOL, look at this angry kid go. Sounds like someone is bleeding from the vagina today. I don't know what I said to piss you off like this, kid, but I do know you must have TONS of friends and a healthy social life with that personality!-(Sindershock)
    The hardcore players are happy with the difficulty (with the exception of Buzzkill, who seems to enjoy complaining)
    Plagued Proto-Drakes suddenly become "Slightly Infected Chicken Drakes", or "Last Nights Takeaway Drakes".chronalis
    `Trolls need locks, wtf. It only fucking makes the most sense.`

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Boosch
    Does that mean he eats people? Are you calling him a cannibal? I mean, what else does it mean to be an anteater on top of a termite mound? Do anteaters even eat termites? Probably. I should look that up. But really? I mean, are you saying that he is huge and casts a shadow over the termite mound? Or that he could destroy said mound with his lash-like tounge? Is that calling him smart or witty? Wait, this was an insult, right? Maybe you mean he could crush the termite mound with a single action, but instead chooses not to [you said "on" a termite mound, not destroying or terrorizing, anyway], and chooses to merely look on, and comment like a potentially angry god from above who determines the fates of those whom he lords over?

I missed the part where you were calling him a bad person. So far it sounds like you're trying to say hes an angry god. I dont like angry gods. They hurt things.

God, so much win in this post.

The OP asked if it was "a stealth buff" or "luck of the draw."

We answered - luck of the draw, and the drop rate was particularly kind this week.

He refused to accept that as a possibility, which makes one wonder why the thread was even created.

Yo dawgs,

I was FL ulduar only once on alt. And fragment dropped.
    Obvious 100% drop is obvious ;((

RNG -> RNG :-X

I think to the contrary, maybe it got stealth nerfed. Our fourth Val'anyr took far longer than #'s 1-3. The last 3 weeks we got only one fragment--only from Yogg-saron.

Quote Originally Posted by Firecrest
    Because stupidity shouldn't be coddled with civility.
    If his post is indeed so stupid, then that stupidity ought to be self-evident and doesn't require the all knowing judgement of the mighty Firecrest to deem it so.

All you have done is make personal attacks in what I can only assume is an attempt to inflate your already over inflated ego.

It's only your opinion that his question is stupid. Furthermore, it is an opinion unrelated to the actual topic of this thread.

But I won't keep arguing with you. It's pretty clear that you're on a righteous mission from God to smite all the stupid into submission by way of your sharp-tongued wit and no amount of mere mortal reasoning and logic could make you see otherwise.

Instead I'll wish you luck on your crusade against all those you deem stupid. It's going to be a long and unrewarding fight, my friend.

Meanwhile I'll save myself the aggravation by simply clicking on through posts which I feel are as beneath me as this one is to you.

Good day to you, sir.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaneiac
    God, so much win in this post.

The OP asked if it was "a stealth buff" or "luck of the draw."

We answered - luck of the draw, and the drop rate was particularly kind this week.

He refused to accept that as a possibility, which makes one wonder why the thread was even created.
    I'm not sure that is true. the people that answered him with a No, he seemed to accept.

10+ Year Old Account

Because stupidity shouldn't be coddled with civility.
    I once heard that no one loses respect for people just because they are on the internet.

I heard wrong.

a lot of fuckin bads in this thread

I missed the part where you were calling him a bad person. So far it sounds like you're trying to say hes an angry god. I dont like angry gods. They hurt things.
    Muhahahaha!

After reading this, I tried to force some logic into Bigslick's head. Cause, you know, I figured that would be something a god could do. I don't think it worked though. It seems like he's going to have to keep going on thinking that Blizzard manually updates Armory instead of just tying it to the game engine and that they purposely put false information into it for some purpose I haven't yet figured out.

If it wasn't godhood he was likening me to, maybe he was just calling me ugly. Have you ever seen an anteater IRL? They look kinda odd on TV, but IRL they're just downright dirty and strange looking.
    <WHAR LEWTS PLZ HALp>
    I'm bitter by default. Don't take it personally.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stir View Post
    Either give an argument, or be automatically wrong. Your choice.

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Marriage
    I'm not sure that is true. the people that answered him with a No, he seemed to accept.
    Read the first page. People told him it was just the typical random drop that we've all come to terms with (granted not in the most civil way, but what do you expect from this community), and he threw a bunch of statistical jargon at people that had no bearing on his question.

Does that mean he eats people? Are you calling him a cannibal? I mean, what else does it mean to be an anteater on top of a termite mound? Do anteaters even eat termites? Probably. I should look that up. But really? I mean, are you saying that he is huge and casts a shadow over the termite mound? Or that he could destroy said mound with his lash-like tounge? Is that calling him smart or witty? Wait, this was an insult, right? Maybe you mean he could crush the termite mound with a single action, but instead chooses not to [you said "on" a termite mound, not destroying or terrorizing, anyway], and chooses to merely look on, and comment like a potentially angry god from above who determines the fates of those whom he lords over?

An apt interpretation, indeed. I'm not calling FC a bad person, just one with poor social skills who awkwardly lords over others with an unmerited sense of superiority. Also, he eats people.

*When I think about it. Perhaps FC is an angry god and we're all sinners in his hands, ready to be dumped into the fiery abyss for our sins of stupidity.

That is probably one of the funniest posts I've seen on this forum.

You sir, are made of win!
    Two types of people laugh at the law: those that break it and those that make it.

Quote Originally Posted by thundercles
    All you have done is make personal attacks in what I can only assume is an attempt to inflate your already over inflated ego.
    I guess we're anteaters of a feather that way.
    <WHAR LEWTS PLZ HALp>

Quote Originally Posted by Bigslick
    Bored w/ nothing else to do, so a group of us went back in to Ulduar to play around, and picked up 2 fragments off of 5 bosses. Historically our luck was to average maybe 1 fragment every other week out of a full clear (excluding the guaranteed one off of Yogg).

Anyone else seeing more of these dropping, or was this just unusual luck of the draw? I'm still 15 short to craft Val'anyr, but if they're dropping that much more I'll probably grind for it more.
    Surprisingly we had very good luck last night too which made us think that the drop rate had been buffed. We killed..Flame Levi, Ignis, Kologarn, Auriaya, Hodir, Thorim, Mimiron & Algalon. We ended up getting 5 fragment drops off of these bosses and still have five bosses left to kill.

My guild had another week with only Yogg's shard.

That said, armory link should have ended this silly discussion.

Pretty much agree that OP made this post prematurely. Assuming a 5% drop rate getting 2 or more shards from 5 bosses has a 2.5% chance or so.

This would be equal to doing Tempest Keep once, seeing Ashes of Alar drop and then make a post called "Ashes of Alar drop rate - stealth buff?"

Your sample is way too low not to just accept it as RNG and start an investigation.
    Quote Originally Posted by Xhosas
    Why do ppl thing that dodge isnt good in ICC? i mean if u have alot 25 bananas and 25 oranges and someone steals u 20 bananas, what will u do, buy back some bananas or buy more oranges?

still the display of manners and civility and this post astounds me and ive been mocking fireprick for ages now. some of his best work really. now someone get the cunt his ritalin or whatever they feed the little shits in his country.

profanity is a way of life .

manners are wasted
    LOL, look at this angry kid go. Sounds like someone is bleeding from the vagina today. I don't know what I said to piss you off like this, kid, but I do know you must have TONS of friends and a healthy social life with that personality!-(Sindershock)
    The hardcore players are happy with the difficulty (with the exception of Buzzkill, who seems to enjoy complaining)
    Plagued Proto-Drakes suddenly become "Slightly Infected Chicken Drakes", or "Last Nights Takeaway Drakes".chronalis
    `Trolls need locks, wtf. It only fucking makes the most sense.`

I got 5 once, and then 1 the week after. RNG is RNG. If something, they would rather lower the droprate to encourage people to farm and use ICC weapons over this, even tho valanyr is the best healer weapon in Wrath.

Quote Originally Posted by Noetic Concordance
    still the display of manners and civility and this post astounds me and ive been mocking fireprick for ages now. some of his best work really. now someone get the cunt his ritalin or whatever they feed the little shits in his country.

profanity is a way of life .

manners are wasted
    Does the irony of your post not occur to you?
    <WHAR LEWTS PLZ HALp>

After reading this, I tried to force some logic into Bigslick's head. Cause, you know, I figured that would be something a god could do. I don't think it worked though. It seems like he's going to have to keep going on thinking that Blizzard manually updates Armory instead of just tying it to the game engine and that they purposely put false information into it for some purpose I haven't yet figured out.
    Ah I get it. So armory offers a flawless representation of everything it represents in the game. Kind of like how tooltips are always up-to-date immediately after a patch. (sorry, I'm not really good at this sarcasm thing)

Lethal, Thunderhorn-US
    (US #1 2-night guild WoD)
    Tues/Thurs 7-11pm CT
    EN 7/7 Heroic