What have players become

So just about an hour ago i joined a ICC(25) raid with a friend and i came in as ret, i had on some pretty decent gear. I know its not the best but i could still pull 4k easy in raids, before the raid i was even looking a few things up and decided to grab a few new things from the emblem vendors. I grabbed 2 piece of tier9 got em enchanted and gemmed but forgot to get my chest gemmed i got it 2 nights ago in 10manICC. so when i got into this raid i realized it was a guild raid but they didnt seem to mind my friend and I in the raid cuz they needed ppl. I got in first boss is down, no prob i already got the weekly done, im just here for emblems really. One of the other pallies asks me to do Kings, i forgot to turn on pally power but no problem its only kings on everyone. When we started on the second boss after a long detailed speech, sigh* We get the boss's mana shield down to 50%ish and end up wiping because of some adds killing healers and stuff (basicly just a little out of control) and so we attempt it 3 more times. My friend decides to bail cuz hes feeling sick and he doesn't want to play. so i just stay in for a few more attempts hoping we can down at least one boss.

Turns out after my friend left, so did about 2 others and while the raid was looking for more people, some random person in vent decides to pick on me out of no where. Looks at my gear and says... so what the deal with this guy. After one person starts talking, another joins in and it ends up being 3 people bitching me out about my gear. i mean i know my gear isnt the best but i do what i can to try to improve. I gem for Str like all rets do... and i got enough hit and expertise as well. i have 2 piece T9, T7 shoulders( i know but i wanted to replace gloves and pants first) and Ulduar gear. Also using the new Quel' Delar weapon (lucky me).

Now i was buffing the raid as i should be, not wiping the raid because of stupid shit that goes on, staying out of AoE damage, not over aggroing, i was not doing bad dps. 4K isnt amazing but come on your dps doesnt have to be amazing to be in ICC. just like any raid you just need to carry your own weight and not do stupid shit to get ppl killed.

So my question is has the state of WoW(being way too easy) changed how some players think (by requiring the best possible gear for everything), or did i just run into a guild of assholes. I mean its just amazing how some players can get about some stupid game.

Re: What have players become

While 4k dps is far from alot of dps it seems to me they are a bunch of idiots. At least those that bitched at you. You're a random joining a guild raid, you never obligated yourself to get the best gear/enchants for to raid with them. If they invite you, they invite you with the gear/enchants you currently have. And as long you didnt die early and they didnt find better replacement they should be thankful for the extra (eventhough a bit meager) 4k dps and buffs.
    "Sir, we are surrounded, Sir"
    "Excellent, we can attack in every direction"

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account

You might just've been unlucky. There are some guilds, and have always been, that are just a bunch of twats.

From your post I understand that you are a good player but undergeared.
    4k DPS as restri is about half of what our guild retardin was doing before patch... that's why I say undergeared.

You said adds killed healers... as far as I know melee (you included) are killing the adds at this fight. I would speculate your raid did not managed to kill the waves of adds before next ones spawn... since you said adds killed healers.

So as you can see, this is partly due to low DPS... and I'm not saying it's you. But if you start adding ppl that do 4k dps you shall end up pretty quick into DPS issues.

And btw, calling WoW "some stupid game" then coming here to biatch about it doesn't help.

Quote Originally Posted by TheWanderer
    i mean i know my gear isnt the best but i do what i can to try to improve.
    No, if you dont have 4 pc t9, you haven't done what you can to improve. Now go run some heroics.

Some people ingame is just way to rude. I never stay in a group if gropumembers are starting to harass other members. There is never a reason good enough for treating a fellow gamer with disrespect.

Go run some heroics now since they drop triumph and get your t9 4 set, if you have time.

It will up your dps. but besides that.

that guild just sounds like a bunch of douches.

I swear the quality of player has dropped since Vanilla rapidly.

They're out there. I can't count how many guilds I've run with that I've flagged never to run with again. My advice? Keep a post-it or a notebook next to your PC. When someone is an unruly dickbag to you for no good reason, scribble down their name and guild. After a while you'll have a sizable list and you'll be able to pick the good players out from the assholes. Look for guilds that run pug raids that advertise "Don't have to know fights, just have to have vent." they do exist, hell, I run one. There's good folks out there still. I meet new and decent people every time my guild runs a drunken pug raid. Hang in there pally.