Levelling a Warrior

After a bit of advice from the community over my latest adventure.. levelling a Warrior!

I've never played one before though I understand some of the mechanics, however my question is around the spec I should be levelling as. I'll be powerlevelling with a Priest friend so Im looking for the spec which will give me the best DPS since survivability wont be an issue. After levelling my Paladin I have the 2H axe, shoulders, trinkets and chest.

Is there a cookie cutter build as of 3.3? Im hearing Arms though I wanted to check before I immerse myself

Thanks in advance

Deleted

Re: Levelling a Warrior

Yea, you want to level as arms since it's more single mob output damage due to the Hunger for Blood and Improved Overpower talents. Play arms until 60 and then respec to fury for titans grip. However, if you are playing with a priest you could do good aoe-damage in fury if you are pulling many mobs, but as arms you have Sweeping Strikes anyway.

To sum it up, I'd say go arms until 60 and respec to fury. Good luck!

Arms is the general, suggested lvling spec. And since you already have the 2h axe, I don't see why not.

I lvled my 1st warrior (still my main after 5 years) as arms .. but had 1000% more fun lvling as fury. Also the small healing u get from fury can actually save your life.

i think its personal choice .. but if u have the badges or WG tokans .. get the 2 heirloom swords and go fury

your daze shout in the fury tree is your go-to wtf too many mobs to deal with button too

but yeh i would say personal preference.

10+ Year Old Account

dual wield fury all the way to 80. Though I would get prot spec as secondary at level 40, so that u don't have to look for a tank to run a dungeon.
    lowskill Engrish

Quote Originally Posted by Gazgul
    I lvled my 1st warrior (still my main after 5 years) as arms .. but had 1000% more fun lvling as fury. Also the small healing u get from fury can actually save your life.

i think its personal choice .. but if u have the badges or WG tokans .. get the 2 heirloom swords and go fury
    That's what I did, and I suggest: http://www.wowhead.com/?item=43412
    The healing from BT keeps you pretty much topped off.

But: If you group with a healer anyway I suggest you get a tank spec and use the LFG tool for fast, easy and rewarding random dungeon fun!
    This space is available for rent!

Quote Originally Posted by saferidges
    After a bit of advice from the community over my latest adventure.. levelling a Warrior!

I've never played one before though I understand some of the mechanics, however my question is around the spec I should be levelling as. I'll be powerlevelling with a Priest friend so Im looking for the spec which will give me the best DPS since survivability wont be an issue. After levelling my Paladin I have the 2H axe, shoulders, trinkets and chest.

Is there a cookie cutter build as of 3.3? Im hearing Arms though I wanted to check before I immerse myself

Thanks in advance
    Since you are levelling with a healer, Arms until 60, then either Arms or Fury. If you end up levelling alone, Prot is, in my opinion at least, the best levelling spec for solo levelling. Its damage increases nicely, and more or less keeps up with the others (A bit below), but on the upside takes perhaps a fifth of the damage, and makes soloing elites, any elites, a piece of cake generally.

Prot all the way to 80 Once in northrend you find quick instances (first triumph emblems!) from the start.
    (Prot is very viable for levelling since wrath, because prot warriors do very nice damage and just can't die under normal circumstances [like 10 players hitting you in WSG because you are there with level 32])
    Samin
    Quote Originally Posted by Ashrana View Post
    So, what would be your reaction, if you found out, that come cata release first patch, blizzard were planning to kill everyone by sending a bear through the mail?

Go Prot/Shadow.
    You will easily keep the aggro, allowing the priest to dps without interference. The little damage you take can easily be healed through http://www.wowhead.com/?spell=15286. http://www.wowhead.com/?spell=57499 will allow you great mobility.

if i had it to do over again i would level arms and second spec prot at 40. reason being is while i leveled fury i missed mobs to much for my taste. also that boa axe has nice stats and the top end damage is very nice, i also used it for a pally i leveled. just make sure you use thunder clap and cleave to keep them off the clothie :P

Fury until 60 since you regen health.

Then Prot using DPS gear until 80 is best.

Arms is worst spec, you'll be eating food between every 3-4 pulls.
    skott#1374 - add me to expand your b.net friends list of reliable players for raiding/arena.

Video if myself raid healing, raid dps, and raid tanking:

http://goo.gl/wNZeS5

15+ Year Old Account

I am leveling a warrior as prot right now (level 24 currently) and have done nothing but use the LFG tool since level 15. I get nearly instant ques and keep my gear up to date easily. I have the 10% exp bonus from shoulders and chest so that helps things go quickly.

Leveling feels very fast. Give it a shot.

Arms will be the easiest spec for you to level because it gives you an instant attack that you can use early on via taste for blood... Stick with it as long as you can because its your highest damage output at the low/medium level ranges