Is dual-wield Frost at all doable in PvP?

Hey. I really like the dual-wield frost playstyle, and I also really like to PvP. I'm wondering if dual-wielding is at all viable in PvP? I also have a ret paladin and an arms warrior at max level so I know all about the value of slow 2handers in PvP, but is there any chance that a frost-DK might somehow work like an enhancement shaman, in that dual-wielding can put out respectable burst?

Thanks in advance. Please no "lol roll unholy" (I am unholy presently, I enjoy frost more). I'm curious about the viability both for arenas and for battlegrounds (please no "lol bgs don't matter," they're fun for me).

Deleted

Re: Is dual-wield Frost at all doable in PvP?

Unholy is better, but frost is "doable" as you say. It's unlikely you'll even miss anything from unholy until you get to high ratings anyway, when you start to feel the usefulness of ghoul stun, desecration, AMZ, etc.

You'll find yourself wanting Bone Shield, shorter grip cds, and AMZ back but not wanting to give up the big increase in damage output (especially now that SS hits like a wet noodle). Your damage is more reliant on melee range so any paladin team makes things frustrating with hand of freedom. Hungering cold is an amazing CC tool though and can function as an interrupt as well as a peal.

I enjoy dual wield frost also, still testing this theory out though. Just getting back into Arena since Season 4 (as you can see my rating is horrible). I do know I slaughter people in BGs though, and it is quite fun.

We do have a big ramp up time because we are runic power based DPS. But if you time it right you can really do some burst damage.

But like the previous poster stated. Unholy has AMZ and 100% up time on pet with a stun. Desecration swapped to Chilblains so the slow is available. However, he did forget to add that you do get an extra pet in Gargoyle.

I always say give it a try, people Lawled at Healing Prot Paladins at first and at Prot Warriors.
    I don't heal STUPID, Stupid SHOULD HURT!
    Syntyche - Disc Priest

Unholy or GTFO!

10+ Year Old Account

yes and its fun
    ....................................................................................

I think at this point any PvP spec is as good as any other. Which is to say they all suck.

Herein, we discuss matters of the utmost importance.

So general question about DK pvp havnt done it yet been doing all my pvping on my resto druid

Did i miss the boat on them tearing up arenas are are they still viable in arenas or should i stick with my druid for pvps
    http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Drak%27thul&n=Roshney
    http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Drak%27thul&n=Velynara
    http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Drak%27thul&n=Shalischa

Stick with the Druid. Unholy is destroyed and has no burst potential, and Blood and Frost still suck due to lack of dispel protection.

Herein, we discuss matters of the utmost importance.

Quote Originally Posted by Trod
    So general question about DK pvp havnt done it yet been doing all my pvping on my resto druid

Did i miss the boat on them tearing up arenas are are they still viable in arenas or should i stick with my druid for pvps
    you missed it by about a year