Poll: Do Protecton DPS (ProtRet / ProtWarr) Belong in Arena?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...

Re: Do Protection DPS ( ProtRet / ProtWarr) Belong in Arena?

Quote Originally Posted by Playdoughpo
    You play a TSG your comments on amount of skill needed for something is void.
    That's like saying you play spellcleave or RPM...

Obviously we know what we are doing because were a 2600+ rated team.

It actually takes teamwork and skill to compete in the higher ratings.

You look at a terrible prot Pally.
    WEWENTWESS GWALLDATIROR CASUALTY

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Emerald+Dream&cn=Casualty

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Emerald+Dream&n=Cowsualty

LoL some ppl crys really about everything.
    Sure ProtDPS isnt OP so why should they not belong to arena ?
    Every class has his pro's and contra's also Prot DPS...

Im playing one of them in arena 2on2 and 3on3.
    got 2on2 with druid on 2.3k, with holy pally 2.24k
    and 3on3 with DK, Prot Pally(me) + druid on 2,28k in 3on3 got both 2h and 1h tier 2 weapons ...

and its really not an easy combo especially with a holy pala to play.
    you must playing really good (both prot dps and the healer) to finish a lot of combos ...
    dmg is lower than from a ret but you have more survibilitys ...

so like I said they arent OP but also not so bad that they shouldnt belong to arena ...

sry 4 my bad english but its late and christmas
    think everybody should understand what I want to say if he want to ...

Quote Originally Posted by Boblet
    So instead of nerfing protret (and prot specs in general) they should just buff ret to be better?

Great logic.
    infact they should do it.
    like I said b4 Prot isnt OP and needs also a lot of skill in highratings, but ret is atm. terrible against the most combs especially 2on2 ...

if the other team has a MS effect and good cc, ret goes down like a bunch of ... and if the bubble is on cd ...

so cry more or learn 2 play after .... years of playing wow ... some ppls should going back and play tetris or something like that ...

Quote Originally Posted by Casualty
    When you have lets say....

Warlock / Prot Pally DPS / Druid

When we burst the Warlock and we pull the Druid into the Bladestorm that I am doing as well as silence the druid, the prot is AoE sac'ing. The Druid pops everything and might get a bop, do we switch onto the 20% prot pally that has wings up and is nuking one of us? No. Why? Because as TSG the prot pally counters us for we can't get him low at all and will do more damage on to another target that is already fully hotted by the druird!

We actually tried a couple games switching onto the prot DPS when he was incredibly low, and he did not die. Not to mention he is doing about the damage as our DK and myself wearing enough defense to actually get 15% health back on his cheat death.

The amount of no skill prot pally DPS teams that are high rated is amazing. From day to day you will see terrible prots not bopp'ing their healers, not peeling right or just not knowing how to blow CDs to get a kill.

I am all for other classes playing but the amount of skill a prot needs to play is pretty much the basics to be high rated. I'm talking like 2400+ rated teams here I haven't fought any of the head+keyboard smashing playing prots of the <2200 bracket and I am sure they are out there.

Prot warriors are fine though can actually kill those!
    its amazing how much BS somebody can crying out ...
    Prot DPS = pro against melee but coz of the less resi easy to nuke for good spell dps ...

dude if u could play so well like you are crying, you would playing like in godmode ...

i think 90% of prats posting in these threads havent even been into the arena or gotten past 1501 rating.
    Prot in arena is completely OTT atm, having insane mitigation, control, silences, mobility & burst,
    prot warriors with 40k health with block gear, shield slamming 10k+ aint fine,
    dont tell me they counter melee, they counter everything right now,

plz pve hero's get a clue

Quote Originally Posted by Marithas
    so fearing, dropping 3 dots 2 direct damage spells while controling and keeping your pet alive to control whoever you wish and managing your teleport is MUCH MUCH easier than macroing a whole retardadin rotation in 1 button and reaching 2k rating without noticing

and nothing will die if you only have a good healer by your side
    Forgot the Mana Drains that go through LoS and can't be cleansed off because you have a UA that will crit you for 8k if you dispell it?

15+ Year Old Account

Interesting question for me the think about, being a prot warrior who does BGs all the time in PvP prot gear for fun.

Honestly, yes. If not they would be the only 2 specs in pvp that are not viable.

Quote Originally Posted by Elude
    Yes they belong in arenas, but THEY SHOULD NOT BE DOING THE DMG THEY ARE CURRENTLY DOING NOW.

super hard to kill + tons of armor + tons of HP + crits for 10k = NERF BAT

*imo

* /gets ready for flames

Get a caster to blow those nasty tanks up.

/read the tittle of the thread

Arena sucks and no one cares

/thread
    I've no idea what to write here.

Yes, and no. I play ret/fmage. we saw at least 3 pure protret teams the other day. What did they do, blow up the prot. Sure they did but i managed to get both one of them to ~5k and force a bubble and get another down to ~10k before I went down. After that my fmage cleaned up the trash and we won. lots and lots of damage and mitigation but they can be beat. Do I think they need a little damage nerf? Yes, but make sure threat is not affected.

PVP subforum, where 1500 rated players can voice there opinions
    -Ex ret paladin

Quote Originally Posted by Argarock
    /read the tittle of the thread

Arena sucks and no one cares

/thread

thats okay cuz ur a cool pve hero amirite? spam ur mindless dps rotation and see big numbers? then cry about why u didnt get healed after sitting in a fire for 20 seconds? too good for arena bro, too good. and No, a tanking spec should NOT be in arena, protribution does more dmg than ret has more health, more utility and more mitigation in arena, theres something wrong with that. prot warriors stunlock something for god knows how long and are also very annoying. prot specs should not be viable in arena, what they should do is make fury better or something if warriors are tired of arms

Quote Originally Posted by sanga
    prot warriors stunlock something for god knows how long and are also very annoying.

5 sec+ 2 sec and random stun on ability with 5 sec cd ( 50% stun for 2 sec).
    As an arms warrior i see hunters are very annoying, so what?
    And i laugh at 10k shield slams. Do you know what gear is on warrior when he hits for that and how much resi he has? lol
    Its like combat rogue in full pve gear.

that's funny wannabe Arena Pros crys about something and cant play their own class, go in the corner and shame on you ...
    Prots which are doing so much dmg have maybe 400-500 resi and thats really much if and they need really good gear ...

so first l2p than start mimimi