Thread: Tanks rushing?

Page 1 of 14
... LastLast

Tanks rushing?

Hi, This is my 1st post on here.

What is the problems with thanks rushing to get things done.

Im a healer and i ran out of mana cuz the tank kept pulling , and the tank didnt wait for me. It was a pally and we didnt get a buff from her.

All we got in the end is abuse from her, me and the dps, telling her to slow down.

Has anyone else had the same problems?

Re: Tanks rushing?

keep it up =)
    i luv fast runs ^^

10+ Year Old Account

I was tanking heroic PoS and a 5k gs druid let me die because I was "pulling too fast"

Sadly, I had just gotten done chain pulling Heroic FoS and a 4k druid had no problems.

Get used to tanks blasting through shit.

Deleted

Well i myself as a tank ussualy inspect the healer and then i know howmuch to pull. As a tank we join random dungeon's within 5 sec and thats why i personnaly love to keep things moving, for more tokens every day. If i see the healer is good enough whats the point of having a mana break after every pack?. I dont know about the tank you had tho. but if it really was that bad. i'd say put him on you're ignore list. that means you wont see him anymore. Further if you go with a PuG tank in a random groups you can expect a little rushing.

cause everything is easymode?

Quote Originally Posted by louandy2001
    Hi, This is my 1st post on here.

What is the problems with thanks rushing to get things done.

Im a healer and i ran out of mana cuz the tank kept pulling , and the tank didnt wait for me. It was a pally and we didnt get a buff from her.

All we got in the end is abuse from her, me and the dps, telling her to slow down.

Has anyone else had the same problems?
    There's no problem with it, get used to it.

It sounds like you're under geared.

When I run I chain pull everything and I have yet to even come close to running a healer out of mana. I was on my mage last night with my friend's undergeared tank as the MT and we ended up getting paired with a HORRIBLY geared druid. Even with his moderately bad gear (T7-8), the healer's bad gear (ilvl 200 blues/purples) there was no break in the pulling and no problem with manae, except for me >

Quote Originally Posted by pinkduck
    Oh god, i sure hope I don't reincarnate into a bad DPS because of my bad karma. It would suck to have to cry every patch because I'm afraid to lose my raid spot.

10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by KhameleonN
    I was tanking heroic PoS and a 5k gs druid let me die because I was "pulling too fast"
    Get better gear so you survive mostly without him?

"Stop," said a loud booming voice. And Rhonin turned around to see it was Bolvar Fordragon, but he was all burned up and shit. He took the helm from Tirion. "I can take no comfort anymore, in the world of the living, for Arthas has burned my genitals off. I shall bear the burden. I shall be the jailer of the damned." - Legendary Knaak Thread

I can tell you I do 2 things in a heroic.

1. I pull nonstop until the healer needs mana (which rarely happens).

2. Win

What happened to you is sucky, sorry to say, but not all tanks will act as douchey. As fast as i want to pull I am still hindered by the healer but I do try to keep the pace brisk, keep my DP up if I'm on my pally and keep the runs under 20 minutes.

I've tanked a freaking ton of heroics in the past week, and you're either getting yelled at for going too slow or too fast. I found the best solution was to turn off party chat and just keep an eye on the healer's mana. The DPS doesn't really matter since its usually 3 DK's 9 out of of 10 runs and they have no downtime between pulls.

Trash is boring. Get it over with asap. Unless a healer tells me they need a mana break or as to go afk or something, I assume silence means to keep puling.

Nothing can shake my believe that this world is the fruit of a dark god whose shadow I extend -- Emil Cioran

^^^ op poster is smart thinking gear score means something... but are you really whining that a tank yelled at you? you wouldn't make it as a tank

I run through heroics as fast as possible too.. to get into the next heroic (its fucking instant invite as tank i love it !)

ah and by the way.. im tanking with my druid and with my paladin, so if the healer is oom i just give him a innervate or switch the kings to wisdom.
    if he is going "afk 3 mins" i give a fuck of it and continue pulling, seal of light ftw and my druid isnt getting damage anyways

Stood in the Fire DaveTheHunter's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account

I chain pull everything. As a druid I do have the advantage of innervate though. I always watch my healer's mana and will throw out an innervate between pulls if needed, just don't expect me to stop.

With my healer I had kinda a hard time to get used to it, just as you get better equipment you'll see that rushing is much better (AN in 10min ftw).

10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Deaths
    Get better gear so you survive mostly without him?
    Why do you think I was running heroics?

Also my gear is fine if you want to see it, the armory links are in my sig.

In heroics I do this.

Chain pull to boss.

Is healers mana >25%? Yes, pull. No, then say "mana?"...usually the healer says no they're fine and they pop some active regen.

Chain pull to next boss.

Repeat if I feel it's necessary, usually I can gauge a healers capability though by the first boss or trash pull.

If you're the healer say "hey, I appreciate you getting through here as fast as possible, but I need 5 seconds to drink so you don't die on the next pull"

If tank ignores you, at least you said something.

There's a lot of pressure on tanks to rush generally. Very often you'll pause for a second to mark or let a healer regen a little mana, and some dps will start flaming you in /p. And what's strange is that I'm a very fast puller, I chain pull to keep Divine Plea up, and usually pull at least two groups of mobs at a time to get BoSanc mana regen.

I was in a situation once where an elemental shammy chain-lightning pulled a new pack of mobs while i was still tanking a group of them. The solution was for me to say "You tank then", and drop group (which was followed by me being on the receiving end of a string of profanities via /w, but what can you do? ).

What dps needs to understand is that the things that you think would speed up the run don't. As a dps'er, if you have the intelligence to hold on, let me collect mobs, and stabilize the pull, then start blasting dps, I will pull gigantic groups and you'll get the instance done fast. If you want to do obnoxious, stupid things, I'm going to pull one pack of mobs at time, because it's not worth it for me managing a crisis on every pull just because you can't wait one second to start blasting aoe.

I as a tank see it one way and one way only...Go Hard or Go Home!!!!!! Speed Runs = More Badges, Can't keep up then don't even bother to come along.

10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by KhameleonN
    Why do you think I was running heroics?
    Also my gear is fine if you want to see it, the armory links are in my sig.
    Its not bad, I was just saying if you are going to chain pull, then get upset when a healer stops healing, (it can be expected that he might get pissed and just stop) increase your gear level.

Didn't meant to come across as a dick. Just meant that once you hit a certain gear level it wont matter if they stop healing. The dps will down the pull before you go down.

"Stop," said a loud booming voice. And Rhonin turned around to see it was Bolvar Fordragon, but he was all burned up and shit. He took the helm from Tirion. "I can take no comfort anymore, in the world of the living, for Arthas has burned my genitals off. I shall bear the burden. I shall be the jailer of the damned." - Legendary Knaak Thread