Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Hotfixes, Champions' Carnival, Blue posts

This is most likely the last batch of blue posts before the christmas holidays, it doesn't mean that the site will get boring for the next 2 weeks and I should have a few things to keep you busy during that time. (It will probably become more interesting actually ...)

Recent In-Game Fixes - December 2009 - 12/17
    Originally Posted by Bornakk (Blue Tracker)
    Listed below are recent fixes we have applied to the game. Keep in mind that some of these changes may not be active until after the realm has been restarted.

To review previous in-game fixes, please visit: http://forums.worldofwarcraft.com/th...77858456&sid=1

12/17/09
    • Everlasting Affliction can now refresh the duration of Corruption on a target when the Warlock casts Drain Soul.
    • Sweeping Strikes will now only trigger once per whirlwind rotation of Bladestorm.
    • Players will now receive appropriate credit for the Full House achievement. (Full House)
    Champions’ Carnival Coverage
    Originally Posted by Crygil (Blue Tracker)
    On November 21, the 2009 Champions’ Carnival was held in Taipei; a complete overview of the event is now available. World of Warcraft Game Director Tom Chilton was on site to field a special Q&A session directly with the players in attendance. Shortly before the event, we conducted an interview with Little Grey, the first player in the world to complete every achievement in the game. We also have the full details of the Arena tournament that took place during the festival.

Event Overview:
    http://www.worldofwarcraft.com/commu...ival/main.html

Q&A Session:
    http://www.worldofwarcraft.com/commu...chiltonqa.html

Little Grey Interview:
    http://www.worldofwarcraft.com/commu...interview.html

Arena Tournament:
    http://www.worldofwarcraft.com/commu...ournament.html
    Blue posts
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    PvP Gearing in Cataclysm
    The PvP gearing system is actually pretty similar to the PvE gearing system. If you're awesome, you have access to the best gear. If you're not as awesome, *or* if you're new, then you don't have access to that gear, but you have access to the gear just a tier behind. Next season you'll have access to the new gear, but the better players will have access to even better gear, and so on.

Yes, you're going to have more of a challenge competing against players with the best gear, but it's not an insurmountable advantage and the system won't completely starve you of the ability to get the best gear even if you lose a lot.

Rated BGs are not designed to give players who just want to lose their way through a bunch of battlegrounds Gladiator-level loot. They're designed for players who don't like the small, short, duel-ish feeling of Arena but still like coordinated, competitive play. (I also expect there will be a lot of overlap between the two.) If rated BGs aren't for you or you just can't compete for some reason, you still have access to the previous season's gear (and you can even get it through PvE progression). (Source)

Casters weapon enchants
    We recognize that weapon enchants (and even weapons in general) aren't as exciting for casters and healers specifically as they are for melee. Procs are certainly one way to address that problem, and it's something we're taking a hard look at. As several players have pointed out though, they aren't trivial to design. Proc'ing damage is generally useful for a damage-dealer. Proc'ing a heal is unreliable at best and often just wasted. (Source)

Patch 3.3.0 Known Issues - Update
    Gunship Encounter – Some players may be ineligible to receive loot when this encounter is complete. (Source)

Change of mind on Battered Hilt droprate
    Sometimes we change our minds as data is collected. Data in this case came both from player feedback as well as our statistical review of how many Battered Hilts were infiltrating realms. As community managers, we do our best to relay the best information we can based on our discussions with our development staff and our own observations.

Unfortunately, in a game as complex as World of Warcraft -- and with official responses forever plastered on the internet -- there are times where you might catch us providing conflicting information. This doesn't mean we're lying or misinformed. It simply means that things change as we continue working to make this the best game possible. When things change the information we share changes.

You'll note in my original post you've quoted I mentioned that the change was based on strong player feedback claiming the drop rate was too low, and after further observation we agreed. (Source)

Warrior (Forums / Talent Calculator)
    Sweeping Strikes / Bladestorm
    We are in fact keeping the interaction. SS will still be worth hitting when Bladestorm is up. What it will not do is hit one target 4 (or in some cases even more) times. The stand alone ability Whirlwind had this bullet-proofing as part of the spell, but the new whirlwinds created as part of Bladestorm did not. We think this is one of the main causes of the "Bladestorm blowed me up" feedback. (Source)

10+ Year Old Account

Re: Hotfixes, Champions' Carnival, Blue posts

Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille
    "Bladestorm blowed me up" feedback. (Source)[/blizzquote]
    LOL, this is gonna be my new quote XD
    I like Aigis. Sue me.

Hopefully the site doenst get boring,i like checking up on MMOalot =/
    Waiting on Cata
    SCII: Naret
    WoW: Naret, Destromath US

From the interview

Will there be flying mounts that could take passengers in the future?

This is something we are planning on adding at some point in the future.
    Will it be possible to add an "instance spectator" mode to the game?

This is a feature that we would like to add for both raids and Arenas in the future.
    Some players like to collect many sets of items, but the current bank slots are just not enough. Are there plans to add a wardrobe feature to the bank, to help players store their item sets?

This is something that we're currently looking into and would like to implement at some point in the future.
    These caught my attention even though they're bit "we'd like to give you this pony and this pony" again and can't be expected very soon atleast. Some of the other parts were remotely interesting too, but it's mainly the same old.

Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille
    This is most likely the first batch of blue posts before the christmas holidays,
    The first or the last?

10+ Year Old Account

Recent In-Game Fixes - December 2009 - 12/17
    Originally Posted by Bornakk (Blue Tracker)
    Listed below are recent fixes we have applied to the game. Keep in mind that some of these changes may not be active until after the realm has been restarted.

Patch 3.3.0 Known Issues - Update
    Gunship Encounter – Some players may be ineligible to receive loot when this encounter is complete. (Source)

I got an Escalated ticket about this. think i were the first to submit it, because the GM didnt give me the usual "we are aware of this and are working on a fix at this time"

"(It will probably become more interesting actually ...)"

Why do you say this?

Stood in the Fire NefariousNinja's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account

Now if only I could grab myself a hilt 8)

What is the next new class for World of Warcraft?

You're just going to have to wait and see!
    Does this mean we're getting a new class soon?

Quote Originally Posted by LavaDuck
    The first or the last?
    They get holidays, I don't.

Must be nice to get 2 weeks off just for Christmas.
    I only get to enjoy my 2 paid days off

Battered hilt, on AH for 18k.
    I don't think so either.

Tbh, they should put a class list on the item, as the resulting reward has absolutely no use for hunters.

There's an agility sword.

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by irap3ch1ck3ns
    "(It will probably become more interesting actually ...)"

Why do you say this?

He likes to torture us with teasers...

Maybe he has a cataclsym alpha key and he'll posts us something!
    /speculation
    /popcorn

Procs are certainly one way to address that problem..
    certainly not, procs are bad because of 45 sec hidden cooldown "look I can do cool dmg every 45 sec oh I'm so powerful"

Meatspin nerf.. really? REALLY? HOORAY!!!!
    9thorder.com | Recruiting exceptional players!

The PvP gearing system is actually pretty similar to the PvE gearing system. If you're awesome, you have access to the best gear. If you're not as awesome, *or* if you're new, then you don't have access to that gear, but you have access to the gear just a tier behind.
    I feel this is a bit stupid really. PvE doesn't reward "awesomeness" it rewards putting an extensive amount of your time into playing to gear up and learn encounters. There is very little that being a good player will do to help you in a raid over the thousands of others with their elitist jerks rotations, specs and BiS lists. Unless you truly are one of the proper theorycrafters that give all the sheep their ideas. Even then though, it's not like you're ever reacting to something different, just going through the motions.

PvP is the true test of awesomeness surely? Seeing somebody in the top tier of arena gear is always a sight to me, because I know I'll never have that gear in that patch because it would take me a shit load of practising pvp to get anywhere near their level, but seeing somebody in the latest tier gear I just think to myself "meh I'll be there in a few months when my /played for this patch catches up with yours".

I mostly raid not pvp and I've always been able to keep fairly up to date on boss kills in wow when I'm actively playing, but I've never got anywhere in the arena despite the fact I used to play fps games semi professionally in my teenage years (I went to some cpl events etc and won money), so twitch gaming isn't anything new to me. For the record the reason I do PvE is because I'm quite a social person and enjoy playing with others. I think being a big guild group and doing raids is much more fun.

Cataclysm beta will be this year
    ^from every single interview ever about cat.
    so they have like 11 days left

i see no volcanoths. <_>
    Gear = Skill, didn't you guys get the memo?

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by Teestala
    Cataclysm beta will be this year
    ^from every single interview ever about cat.
    so they have like 11 days left

i see no volcanoths. <_>
    If we don't see anything on monday, I think we'll have to wait until next year..

15+ Year Old Account

Why not use the same kind of proc effects from trinket to be used for healing or caster dps enchants?
    Also hunters don't have a proc effect enchant, but that could be fixed with a scope for example, if the technology is there to do so.

What is the next new class for World of Warcraft?

You're just going to have to wait and see!
    Bard class please.......
    Junglebeast @ Stormscale EU |