Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst

Re: Why raid 25 man?

Quote Originally Posted by PtrPipr
    So honestly why raid 25 man when as a 25 man guild you could actually just run 3 10 man groups and get your guild geared and done in a quarter the time? Or honestly why even put yourself through the headaches of wiping and gearing when you get the same thing from a much easier 10 man?

Any thoughts are appreciated.
    If you are raiding for gear, you are doing it all wrong since gear will always melt away when next tier comes out.

If you are raiding for ePeen, you dont have choices. Legendaries and special mounts drop only in 25-man mode.

If you are raiding as a timesink, you again have no choices. You have to do both 10 and 25 man versions.

If you are raiding to have fun with friends you do it in a 10-man guild.

If you ara raiding to have fun with large guild and/or have higher difficulty than 10-man, you raid 25.

Blizz is catering to vast amount of different players with the choices in raid sizes. Don't be limited by your own prejudices, but instead figure out what you want from the game, and it's almost certain there is a way to get exactly that.
    Never going to log into this garbage forum again as long as calling obvious troll obvious troll is the easiest way to get banned.
    Trolling should be.

I have a 10man toon (rogue) that only raids 10s with workmates who only want to do 10man raids ... and i also have a 25man toon (druid) that does both 10s and 25s in an Australian dominated guild (im from New Zealand so its late night raiding for me)

When I play my druid in 10s i find them less challenging than 25s, but hes geared for 25s. However on my rogue, with 9 ppl only geared for 10s the same instances are just as challenging (sometimes more so) as the 25s are on my druid. Those saying "25s are more challenging" are running 10s in 25man gear, thus outgearing the 10man instance. The only challenging part of 25s is getting 25ppl together that you can have fun with on vent without offending someone (our 10mans are usually done with more than a few beers and wines under the belt) ... seriously thats alot harder than it sounds ...

"you can't make everyone laugh at all your jokes all the time, sometimes you are just gonna piss people off" - Richard Pryor

End of the day ... you have the choice to run whatever you want ... choices are good yes?

Quote Originally Posted by SurePlay
    If you raid for gear then i can see your point of view. I however prefer to raid with more people, because vent becomes more fun.

I pity people like you who raid for gear and gear only.

I always have best gear in game when i play, i would never raid with a guild below top 100 when i raid. I have raided for 4 years now (on a break since release of ICC atm).

At first i thought gearing up was imba, but around SSC when i knew i would always have everything i wanted, i realised that it was never the gear that made it fun, it was all the people working together that made it fun.

Seen one purple, seen em all, but raiding with guildees never gets boring.

Try changing your attitude.
    Wow can you like not read at all. Nowhere in there anywhere did I ever say I raided solely for gear. I said it was one of many reasons I did. And anyone who says they don't raid for gear at all is lying. It may not be your top or even your second priority but it is on the list. So changing my attitude isn't gonna help but some reading comprehension could go a long way for ya.

Quote Originally Posted by Isashi
    I have a 10man toon (rogue) that only raids 10s with workmates who only want to do 10man raids ... and i also have a 25man toon (druid) that does both 10s and 25s in an Australian dominated guild (im from New Zealand so its late night raiding for me)

When I play my druid in 10s i find them less challenging than 25s, but hes geared for 25s. However on my rogue, with 9 ppl only geared for 10s the same instances are just as challenging (sometimes more so) as the 25s are on my druid. Those saying "25s are more challenging" are running 10s in 25man gear, thus outgearing the 10man instance. The only challenging part of 25s is getting 25ppl together that you can have fun with on vent without offending someone (our 10mans are usually done with more than a few beers and wines under the belt) ... seriously thats alot harder than it sounds ...

"you can't make everyone laugh at all your jokes all the time, sometimes you are just gonna piss people off" - Richard Pryor

End of the day ... you have the choice to run whatever you want ... choices are good yes?
    Definatly and thanks again to all the people that are actually giving constructive reasons. I think I have my answer.

small mistake you made is that it isnt 10 to kill 25 man arthas its normal before hardmode

Quote Originally Posted by warlocked
    small mistake you made is that it isnt 10 to kill 25 man arthas its normal before hardmode
    Thanks to the people that cleared this up for me as well. I guess I was confused and didn't even know it lol. Story of my life.

Cause everyone knows 25>10, meaning its both harder and people actualy care about it.

Person A: HAI GUYS WE GOT WORLD FIRST 10MAN ICC HARDMODES
    Person B: Who gives a shit?

Personally i see it as an opportunity to get more Nerd Points.
    Quote Originally Posted by AWolf
    The first rule of Bolvar as Lich King is... You do not talk about Bolvar as Lich King.