Thread: mage pvp

mage pvp

my mage have around 20k hp,852resi, frost and I die fast from rogues and war but not casters

so what about ya?

Re: mage pvp

With warriors make it a kitefest, with rogues use all your abilities/trinket to counter their abilities.. when both of you are out of major CDs, you win.

For me, I lose against every capable(!) healer 1 on 1, locks can be a pain aswell. This is with 22k hp and around 700 resil.
    Winds of Creation, Daggerspine eu (8/8 25hc) is recruiting. Visit our webpage for more info.

my buddy and me run rogue mage in arena, hes playin the mage

so we went up against pal/war
    killed the paladin and i died in the process, so it was him 1v1ing the warrior, they both were out of major cooldowns. my friend pretty much kited the warrior till the end (warrior had about 20% hp left while he was at 90%)
    so he was out of blink and block, warrior bladestormed him down even though he had ice barrier up i guess you just have to be really carefull against good warriors, who reflect a lot, to always have a cd available to get away from an incoming lolstorm

it's all a matter of timing cd's, kiting skillz and stacking haste.. like 600 resil is enough aslong as you know how to kite
    "How poor are they that have not patience"

22k health, 1,030 resillience.

Warlocks are a joke with Mage Armor, Rogues can be one helluva fight. Only warriors I have trouble with are Prot, and their unlimited number of charges. Death Knights... It all comes down to who's more skilled.

Mage on mage is fairly easy unless you get an experienced one who knows how to use spell-steal, then click off the ice barrier he just stole from you :P At that point, it comes down to who's quicker. Druids I have trouble with, as well as Priests.

The only class I CANNOT beat, every single time is Paladins. They have so many "Oh $%#@" abilities, that it's almost impossible to take them down. Hand of Freedom ruins me, because to spell steal it, I have to go through every other single buff they have, and by that point they're on me. Only effective way I know of beating them is stacking 5 stacks of the debuff from ice lance / frostbolt that raises crit chance, then frost nova'ing. Kinda sucks that FN is completely useless unless you have those stacks up, because they can simply dispel it.

Deleted

I sort of agree with Tahmu, many mages opt for a couple of pieces of haste pve gear (Merlin's Robe for example) since something like 1k+ resi is overkill as frost and a large amount of haste is necessary for effective shatters.

Anyway, currently frost gives every class a run for their money if all cooldowns are used. You shouldn't be dying fast to anything unless you have nothing left.

I don't generally lose to anybody if we both have all of our cooldowns. Good rogues are generally the exception, since if both of us play perfectly I'll usually win by a small margin, but if something doesn't go my way I'll lose. Rogues without every cooldown are a joke, warriors are also jokes assuming you pay attention to spell reflects. Easily my favorite warrior "loltactic" when caught off guard at low hp (generally in BGs) is frost nova, scoot away, start casting frostbolt, stop when reflect goes up, cast sheep, lol as you get full hp before nova runs out.

The only class i sort of struggle with are deathknights, but that's mostly because I don't know as much about the class as I do the others, since I've been fighting them for 4+ years.

Quote Originally Posted by Tentrek
    22k health, 1,030 resillience.

Warlocks are a joke with Mage Armor, Rogues can be one helluva fight. Only warriors I have trouble with are Prot, and their unlimited number of charges. Death Knights... It all comes down to who's more skilled.

Mage on mage is fairly easy unless you get an experienced one who knows how to use spell-steal, then click off the ice barrier he just stole from you :P At that point, it comes down to who's quicker. Druids I have trouble with, as well as Priests.

The only class I CANNOT beat, every single time is Paladins. They have so many "Oh $%#@" abilities, that it's almost impossible to take them down. Hand of Freedom ruins me, because to spell steal it, I have to go through every other single buff they have, and by that point they're on me. Only effective way I know of beating them is stacking 5 stacks of the debuff from ice lance / frostbolt that raises crit chance, then frost nova'ing. Kinda sucks that FN is completely useless unless you have those stacks up, because they can simply dispel it.

You have all that gear and can't beat a paladin? Really?

Sheep > Spellsteal all buffs > Kite > SS HoF instant because they have no buffs.

They bubble, invis/ run away + sheep and evocate.

They're easy.