10+ Year Old Account

Casual Enhancement: Black Icicle or Nighttime?

Ignoring that I'm an Orc for the moment, which of these two weapons would be better for a hitcapped Enhance Shaman? Initially I thought Black Icicle would be better, but it seems to gain only 12 AP and about .6% crit over Nighttime, while losing like 1.5% haste and 2.5% ArmPen. The hit loss is irrelevant.

It might still be better, I'm not sure, but I just don't know how those stats measure up against one another. So any help would be appreciated.

Re: Casual Enhancement: Black Icicle or Nighttime?

Two Nighttime's. You're Orc, you get 5 Expertise bonus per axe. You're hit capped, you don't need the hit. Also, the haste will benefit more.
    Chronic Sufferer of A.D.H.L.A.S. (Attention Deficit Hey Look A Squirrel)
    Garrosh would wage war against the ocean for not being made out of orcs.

10+ Year Old Account

One more question, which is the bigger DPS gain out of the two trinkets: Mirror of Truth or Mark of Supremacy, assuming you used Mark whenever it was off cooldown?

Quote Originally Posted by Chin Music
    One more question, which is the bigger DPS gain out of the two trinkets: Mirror of Truth or Mark of Supremacy, assuming you used Mark whenever it was off cooldown?
    Mark, even if you're spell hitcapped, because that much hit over cap should be roughly equal to the lesser amount of crit from MoT, and the ability to sync the AP to things like Wolves and Bloodlust makes it clearly superior.

Mark also means you don't have to rely on a shadowpriest/boomkin to hitcap your spells, which can be nice for 10m content.
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...trellen/simple (Enhancement PvE)
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...l/alamo/simple (Boomkin/Guardian, PvE)

No, I'm not the real Alamo, just a guy who liked his work.

10+ Year Old Account

Best you check it with Rawr.Enhance. I did it myself, got a nearly equal value for both weapons, altough Black Icicle showed up as a slightly better option than Nighttime, atleast for a Draenei. I can imagine that Nighttime is superior to Black Icicle for Orcs, just because of the imba racial

10+ Year Old Account

Thanks for the replies.