When to break set bonuses?

Just trying to get a few opinions here. I currently have the 4 piece set bonus from Tier9, and I find myself at odds in ICC when gear drops. In one hand, I see gear with higher stats...in the other, I see my set bonus. When is breaking set bonuses acceptable?

Deleted

Re: When to break set bonuses?

In my opinion you have 2 ways to go, or you calculate the dps that the set bonus gives you and see if the new gear will give you more than that (replace if does), or you go for the easy way, farm badges until you have all that you need to have at least 2 t9 + 2 t10.

Yeah, I'm now halfway to getting the meteor chasers robes. I usually depend on rawr for dps questions...but it's been a bit on the lolwut side since 3.3 hit. I've yet to understand how a tier 9 piece is better than a tier 10 piece...with the exact same stats on both, difference being t10 has more of what t9 has. Epic fail

Without a question save up 120 badges and get your 2p T10. Until then hold on to your 4p bonus from T9. While the stats may be better, the benefit from the 4p bonus outweighs this. The 12% haste you get from 2pT10 tho, outweighs the rest of it and should be the first thing sought after with your emblems of frost.

Quote Originally Posted by dwbrown7680
    Without a question save up 120 badges and get your 2p T10. Until then hold on to your 4p bonus from T9. While the stats may be better, the benefit from the 4p bonus outweighs this. The 12% haste you get from 2pT10 tho, outweighs the rest of it and should be the first thing sought after with your emblems of frost.
    In addition , collect the good nonset drops and combine it with 2pct10 when you can break your t9 4 pc with it.

Quote Originally Posted by Evee
    Yeah, I'm now halfway to getting the meteor chasers robes. I usually depend on rawr for dps questions...but it's been a bit on the lolwut side since 3.3 hit. I've yet to understand how a tier 9 piece is better than a tier 10 piece...with the exact same stats on both, difference being t10 has more of what t9 has. Epic fail
    don't be stupid, don't buy that chest.

The only way to know it before 2pc is to use rawr. No matter which one of my t9 i drop, no matter what I replace it with (first wing items only) I can never get a dps increase. I'll be dropping skyweaver258 for the chest and swapping in some hit boots/rep ring. Dropping 4pc always came out as a 200-300 dps loss, for me.