Buffs/Debuffs Arrangement by Hostility

I am using Pitbull 4 at the moment for my Unitframes and working towards something like the rather common buffs above the frame and debuffs to the side of it for my target frame.
    This is fine for hostile targets, but I would rather have those change positions based on the hostility of the unit, where above the frame will be larger icons, being buffs if it is a hostile target, and debuffs if the target is friendly.
    I was wondering if anyone was aware of a means of doing that, or at least emulating a similar effect.
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Your forgot to include the part where we blame casuals for everything because blizzard is catering to casuals when casuals got jack squat for new content the entire expansion, like new dungeons and scenarios.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinaerd View Post
    T'is good to see there are still people valiantly putting the "Ass" in assumption.

Re: Buffs/Debuffs Arrangement by Hostility

Could you show an example of what you mean, I'm having a little trouble following. That might be out of the limitations of UI addons.

Gershuun @ Borean Tundra US - Interface & Macros Moderator

I was hoping for something like the following idea.

Basically the Buff and Debuff frames switch from one to the other, while maintaining their formatting or layout.
    The idea of which is to have those I need to worry about visible above the frame, debuffs on friendly and buffs on hostile targets, with those of less importance being the smaller ones to the side.

Not sure how to do the clickable thumbnail which grows bigger, so apologies if that is a bit large.
    Your forgot to include the part where we blame casuals for everything because blizzard is catering to casuals when casuals got jack squat for new content the entire expansion, like new dungeons and scenarios.
    T'is good to see there are still people valiantly putting the "Ass" in assumption.

Okay I see what you are saying..

I think most UIs are set up the other way around so that debuffs are usually always on top of the health bar so people can track their dots and debuffs on the target.

Personally it would be a bit confusing to learn your UI and where certain elements show up and have it changing more than half the time.

In PitBull they define it as Target Auras, and there is no discrimination on whether the target is friendly or hostile. I'm making a guess and saying that you're playing a class that needs to do dispels from people alot in PvP or raids.. In this case I would set up Pitbull to however you usually use your target frame and use something like Decursive or Grid to quickly cleanse certain debuffs off people, addons that will alert you specifically to the debuffs that are most important to you.

Well not so much from a dispelling point of view, really from an information view since I play as a warlock mostly. I would just find it useful to have the buffs on a hostile target emphasized, when those are not something I am so fussed about on a friendly target.
    I might just try to limit the debuffs display to those I need to know about, in particular my own and any others which are noteworthy.
    Thank you anyway for your input.

Okay, so as a lock if you wanted the see important hostile target buffs emphasized like Cloak of Shadows, Divine Shield, Berserker Rage, (all buffs which make people fear immune etc) what I have set up are PowerAuras to alert me to that and a timer that shows just how long is left on it.

These days people have so many buffs and procs that something like PowerAuras to sort out the specific ones you're interested in would be a good idea. Sounds like you are working towards a good solution though so good luck.