Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast

Re: Rules all random PuGs should (try) to follow

rule #1 should be; DO NOT PISS OFF THE TANK!!

seriously ive waited in the 5 man for the debuff to go away so i could drop group and get another one in 2 seconds after getting talked down to by a rogue in full 232 T9 badge gear doing 700DPS.

o and if the tank with 45k unbuffed doesnt want to fight the extra boss in DTK,Gun'drak,etc. dont bitch. be glad he didnt just run with guildies.
    Quote Originally Posted by tkjnz
    If memory serves me right, a fox is a female wolf.

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by Keristrazja
    2.) Be responsible for your actions! If the Tank dies, it's the Healer's fault. If the Healer dies, it's the Tank's fault. If DPS dies, it's their own damn fault for either over-aggroing, pulling, or standing in something they shouldn't have been.
    • That notwithstanding, if DPS dies to anything that is out of their control, but is within the Healer's ability to control, it is the Healer's fault.
    Unless, of course, your tank is click happy and is pulling too much, or the dps are retarded and are pulling at all.

Then, it's who ever the fuck pulled too much's fault.

Deleted

Given that there's been a lot of people running Heroics now that the Dungeon Finder system has been implemented, I figured I'd post these (somewhat) common sense rules to follow in PuGs.

These rules have been culled from a massive list of suggestions/basic ideas/etc., mostly from talking to people both in and out of Heroics.

1.) If you are not the tank, you don't pull! Even if you're wearing plate, or have bear form, if you're there as DPS, your job is to kill what the tank pulls, not to make the pull. The tank is the tank, and only the tank pulls. DKs, that also means NO DEATH GRIPPING!
    If tanks are being slow with no reason (as below with manaz) I give them a Tricks and pull the shit on him. I know I'm a pain in the ass, if this clearly goes wrong/annoys people I will stop, but it usually gets the message in "you can pull faster, we can handle it". DK's should only DG to get casters and such in range, if these won't pummel their face afterwards. Usually a strangulate will have the same effect.
    2.) Be responsible for your actions! If the Tank dies, it's the Healer's fault. If the Healer dies, it's the Tank's fault. If DPS dies, it's their own damn fault for either over-aggroing, pulling, or standing in something they shouldn't have been.
    • That notwithstanding, if DPS dies to anything that is out of their control, but is within the Healer's ability to control, it is the Healer's fault.

3.) Be realistic and fair about loot! No, Blizz's exclusionary system is not perfect, so fork it over if you won on greed because the Boomkin couldn't roll need on the cloth item.
    • Also, nothing should be needed unless agreed upon beforehand (H CoS timed run drake, Skadi's mount), or it's an actual gear upgrade.
    • Frozen Orbs don't count as upgrades, and just because your server rolls need on them, does not mean everyone else's servers do.

4.) Be aware of your party's capabilities! Tanks should not move faster than your healers can keep up. If they're at 75% mana, pull. If they're under 30%, stop and make them drink.
    • DPS does not count, they can mana on the fly and suck it up.
    • NO ONE should move faster than the tank, or assume that the tank is always ready to pick up your "oh shit I pulled haha gogogo" messes.

5.) Make sure you're capable!
    • Tanks: 29-30k minimum unbuffed HP, 535 DEF minimum (540 is for raids), and make sure your "OH SHIT" buttons are where you can get at them.
    • DPS: If you're not capable of doing at least 900 DPS, go run regulars until you get the gear. If you're in all iLv200 gear or better and you can't break 1.2k, find someone who can and get advice, because you're doing something wrong.
    • Healers: I got nothing. Someone post some minimum healer requirements, I'll edit this back later.

6.) Know your role! The DF system tells you what you've been pulled for, so if you queue for Tank/DPS, or Heals/DPS, etc, it'll tell you what your role is. Don't queue for Tank/DPS and bitch when you're the only tank-capable class in the group. Yes, the queue for DPS sucks. Get over it.

7.) DON'T BE A DICK. I understand that the tank may not be as fast as you like, or some random DPS isn't doing as much damage as your TOGC/ICC geared toon(s), but try and remember that these are HEROICS. You may be here to badge farm, but others may be here to get geared.

8.) The 3 fastest queues in the game are Tanks & Healers to get into an instance, and the queue to replace a DPS. DPS should remember that they have an even bigger reason to behave, as you can be vote-kicked and replaced in seconds.

This list of rules is by no means complete, so fire away with your CCs, comments, QQs or suggestions.

All trolls will be filed in my personal box of people to point and laugh at.

(edited because I forgot typing 8 ) without the space makes a 8))
    Also, 1200 dps is VERY low. I expect 1500> for normal heroics, 2500> for ICC heroics, measured on a boss if possible as trash isn't a very good way to measure DPS (tho mages blizzarding 1/2 mobs gives you a good idea). As an assassination rogue it's quite hard to do proper DPS as you have to constantly refresh HfB, (ideally) SnD, get 5 DP and 4 CP on a mob before you can start the awesomeness. And I hate spamming FoK, boring!

I have an idea.... There is a leader icon.... select it if you want to be leader. When you become leader of a group you can make the rules.

If you are ina group and are not the leader, you follow the leader.

If you are the leader take 30 seconds and state any "special" rules you may have.

Id like to run my Hunter with some of you whiny tanks.... Although I never pull w/o the tank some of you have got your panties in a bunch. (Healers too) So what if you can Q and get instant runs... That does not make you the be all end all. It is talk like this that gives people the moniker of Elitist Prick.

I have a Tank, Healer and DPS all 80. Someone does something I feel is bad for the group we vote to kick simple as that. If it continues and I don't like It I leave. It doesnt matter what role Im in.
    Signature removed. Please read our guidelines. Venara

I can fulfill these requirements for a good working group and I would be very happy if anyone else would also adhere those rules, maybe anyone would be happier.

Deleted

Given that there's been a lot of people running Heroics now that the Dungeon Finder system has been implemented, I figured I'd post these (somewhat) common sense rules to follow in PuGs.

5.) Make sure you're capable!
    • Tanks: 29-30k minimum unbuffed HP, 535 DEF minimum (540 is for raids), and make sure your "OH SHIT" buttons are where you can get at them.
    Lol 30k unbuffed , don't be silly :/
    I run heroics in my dps gear and guess what ,it's working fine (yay rage!) i ain't no 30k unbuffed in that .....

Can you add this please :

Don't go AFK/leave in the middle of the run !

About half the PUG random heroic I've done someone goes AFK or leaves right in the middle of the dungeon (It's not that we really need 1 more, but when it's the healer we have to wait...)

Why can't I trix the tank if the situation is under control? Most tanks go balistic if I trix a group to him because he's doing something wrong. Obviously if the tank has 30k buffed HP and is struggleing with the current pack I wont do anything about it, but if the tank has good gear and knows what hes doing I don't see the problem with making the run go faster with some trix pulls.

Be responsible for your actions! If the Tank dies, it's the Healer's fault. If the Healer dies, it's the Tank's fault. If DPS dies, it's their own damn fault for either over-aggroing...
    oh how i hate this fck*** noobtank mantra...
    since wotlk keeping the aggro is so damn easy (no more "2 sunders before dmg!" vanilla tanking) it makes me cry sometimes...

a) tank good -> i'm happy
    b) tank shit/healer good -> i tank mobs in dps gear... and i'm still kinda happy
    c) tank shit/healer decent -> i switch to def gear and tank the instance myself

so what your saying is.. if the tank is such a moron to pull half the instance when he is not able to tank it, it's my fault? thats just BS.
    "Everything always changes. The best plan lasts until the first arrow leaves the bow." - Matrim Cauthon

10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by nethariel.
    since wotlk keeping the aggro is so damn easy (no more "2 sunders before dmg!" vanilla tanking) it makes me cry sometimes...
    ..and while "keeping the aggro is so damn easy", guess what's even easier?

*drum roll*

Pressing goddamn ESC or switching targets in order to avoid personally failing as a dps and pulling aggro off the tank! Yay!
    It's not a dps's given right to go full nuke at all times, no matter the circumstances. Our job is so amazingly simple, the least we can do is to adapt to a tank's threat generation.
    Nakkiz of Memento <EU-Frostwhisper>

Adding a rule which really should fix the "I need to go suddenly afk cause im an adult with kids lol" most of the time: if you are going away from the keyboard, type either "afk" or "brb" into party chat. This should take <1s to complete and might prevent a wipe.
    Facile pi?

BEWARE:

I get annoyed easily by people who are slow-minded, and people who spell badly. Oh, and if you want to use the "not my first language" excuse, it isn't mine either.

Quote Originally Posted by Nakkí
    or switching targets
    Yes because that tank was able to keep aggro on the main target a secondary target will be on him like white on rice... em i right?

Was tanking last night and the Lock died. I was apologetic. He returned by saying meh I die a lot im use to it. He still died a few times more but not as many as I now knew to keep an eye on him.

I didnt yell at him to curb his DPS, I adjusted my tanking around him. That and he was ok with doeing as long as the job got done.
    Signature removed. Please read our guidelines. Venara

Quote Originally Posted by Chrus
    so what your saying is.. if the tank is such a moron to pull half the instance when he is not able to tank it, it's my fault? thats just BS.
    What he says is, IF a dps goes all out by charging in or aoe-ing the shit out of all mobs before the tank even get 2 sec to get control of them, its their own damn fault

Quote Originally Posted by nethariel.

a) tank good -> i'm happy
    b) tank shit/healer good -> i tank mobs in dps gear... and i'm still kinda happy
    c) tank shit/healer decent -> i switch to def gear and tank the instance myself
    wait, are you on of those warriors who charge in and go bananas on an aoe pack with ww before tank can build up any sort of aggro on them?

10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by ThatMageOmen
    Also, if you're a rogue in full i258 and 30k HP it doesn't make you a tank. So putting tricks of the trade on a tank and using Fan of Knives in a pack of mobs isn't acceptable. People who do that in my groups always get vote kicked since I roll with my own healer + ele sham.
    You do realize that by putting up tricks the rogue is doing the opposite of tanking, actually boosting the tanks threat by alot? That we're supposed to do tricks right before we unleash a hell of alot of damage in order to not overaggro. It'd be worse if you run into a scrub rogue who isn't using tricks and just FoKing.

It feels like you know this, but still used a couple of poorly constructed sentences making me go "wtf tricks is bad since when?!"

If you mean ninjapulling mobs to the tank then you may have a point. But as pointed out earlier in this thread some people will do this if the tank is a slow mofo, since replacing him will take too long.

Deleted

One more rule: dont beg for different blessings, I hate mess every 15 minutes with blessings for different groups. I set bosac to all and it is fine we are talking about heroic shitty instance.

wait, are you on of those warriors who charge in and go bananas on an aoe pack with ww before tank can build up any sort of aggro on them?
    no, i'm not a warrior and i don't pull stuff in pugs that a decent tank (or myself if i were tanking) can't handle.

Also, if you're a rogue in full i258 and 30k HP it doesn't make you a tank. So putting tricks of the trade on a tank and using Fan of Knives in a pack of mobs isn't acceptable. People who do that in my groups always get vote kicked since I roll with my own healer + ele sham.
    Huh? That's what rogues are SUPPOSED to do :P
    (This signature was removed for violation of the Avatar & Signature Guidelines)

I'm used to tanking alot on my main, being quite overgeared for heroics I want to keep a nice speed.

I do not really agree with some of the rules. I play alot with one of my guildies (druid healer) she never goes oom.
    We were talking about it one day we were running instances on alt's (lvl 72's doing normal nexus) we had a healer that got really mad at her for pulling (she was tanking) when he had 50% mana.

She said something like, thank good you never have to wait for mana when you heal at lvl 80.
    So we had a little discussion on vent togheter. I said that alot of healers in random heroics wants me to stop pulling so they can rest etc. She got really suprised, for her waiting on a players mana, be it healer/dps should never be needed.

If you sign as healer be ready to heal whenever the tank pulls, and if you can't handle it sign as dps. Now this might sound a bit elitist but It's a fair point, As I can easily survive tanking a pack without heals if a healer really needs some mana drink while I pull, but don't expect me to stop for you.

And all this with don't pull if your a dps is bullshit, I love when hunters/rogues help out with misdirecting/tricking extra packs. I do it myself when I'm on my hunter, especially when the tanks slack. I do get really annoyed when tanks stand still, there is NO REASON for a tank to wait before a pull. The only thing I could agree with is some packs in the new instances for perhaps (silence heroic throw)

SO please all tanks out here, there is no need to stand still for marking/?? just pull pack after pack. the dps and healers will be alot happier and you will get it done faster.

15+ Year Old Account

I remember entering Heroics as DPS when I got lvl 80: "You're pulling 1.7k dps at max? No problemo, we will just do it slowly".

These days: "Alright guys, lets pull that.... FFS WAIT TILL WE *group dies*"

I Feel really bad for the tanks though... I didnt even need to listen to tacts as a DPS... Just stand out of fire and dodge w/e is coming at you, and keep dps'ing. But when I started tanking Heroics on my Dk tank, damn, my world changed.
    Dawwwwwww