Leveling Inscription through Northrend Herbs?

Well, my guild needed a scribe so I took it upon myself to level it. Not wanting to spend a grand fortune, I looked around for a guide and found Boub's old AH guide that included a way to level Inscription. It was as follows:

You buy herbs from the Auction House (or gather them, obviously) and mill them to get pigments. Then you use these pigments to craft inks, then you need one (or two in a few cases) ink and a parchment bought from the NPC to craft a glyph. Most people just buy the herbs from the AH, craft all the inks themselves, and level like that ... Bad idea.

A few patches ago, Blizzard introduced an "Ink Trader" named Jessica Sellers to the game, this NPC will let you trade the Ink of the Sea you get by milling any Northrend Herbs for ANY lower level ink. If you want to compare it to other professions, just imagine it as a NPC that will give you Iron and Mithril in echange for Saronite.

The easiest way to level Inscription is to buy the first tier of low level herbs (because stuff like Peacebloom or Silverleaf is usually really cheap) and then buy Adder's Tongue, Lichbloom, Icethorn.

These 3 herbs yields the highest amount of pigments to create the Ink of the Sea you will need to buy the lower level inks. You can always check the AH every now and then for the lower level herbs if you think it's a cheaper alternative but on most servers, it won't.
    So I bought the low level herbs, and some high level herbs, but what do I do with the high level herbs? They're too high of a skill level for milling myself and I can't make the Ink of the Sea myself either. So, my question is, what am I supposed to do with these Northrend Herbs in order to get Ink of the Sea for the lower leveled inks?
    Quote Originally Posted by squirrelbot
    CLEARLY this is blizzard ONCE AGAIN catering to casuals. Us hardcore have no problem with taking an extra 8 seconds to cast a basic camp fire. That's how it's been for years. This game just gets easier and easier, Blizzard may as well just hand out free camp fires all over the major cities at this point!

Re: Leveling Inscription through Northrend Herbs?

have a high lvl scribe break them down and turn them to ink silly :O

Re: Leveling Inscription through Northrend Herbs?

Quote Originally Posted by discipline87
    have a high lvl scribe break them down and turn them to ink silly :O
    That's all there is to it? Here I thought there was some vendor or some crucial ability I was missing or something. Thanks.
    Quote Originally Posted by squirrelbot
    CLEARLY this is blizzard ONCE AGAIN catering to casuals. Us hardcore have no problem with taking an extra 8 seconds to cast a basic camp fire. That's how it's been for years. This game just gets easier and easier, Blizzard may as well just hand out free camp fires all over the major cities at this point!